THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Plastic clips for door panel?

02-10-2016, 06:45 PM   #1
scottyn
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 228i M-sport THP

Plastic clips for door panel?

So I replaced my door speakers DIY-style about a month ago. It all went well except I broke one of the little plastic clips that helps hold the panel to the door. I'm looking for a replacement but am having trouble. I've searched on realoem and do not think their recommendation is correct.

The one listed for an F22 is part #: 51318150943. However, the picture they provide looks nothing like what I remember from my car. (the black one below)

The one listed for an F30 is part #: 51418224768. This one looks closer but I'm still not sure if it's an exact match. (the white one below)

Does anyone here know the correct part number? Or will either of the above work?

Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 12:29 PM   #2
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2

51318150943 is for the Door lock mechanism

You will want the white one 51418224768 . Only one is different on the door panel, the little brown looking one. It is smaller than the rest. It works with F22 , website you are on may just not have updated the information.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #3
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyn View Post
So I replaced my door speakers DIY-style about a month ago. It all went well except I broke one of the little plastic clips that helps hold the panel to the door. I'm looking for a replacement but am having trouble. I've searched on realoem and do not think their recommendation is correct.
I replaced my door speakers many months ago and messed up three of them. My 2 cents is don't bother with replacing it. There are 14 of 'em per door (plus five screws); one isn't going to make the thing rattle or be loose. (That's certainly been the case with mine!)
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 09:08 AM   #4
scottyn
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 228i M-sport THP

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvmarv View Post
51318150943 is for the Door lock mechanism

You will want the white one 51418224768 . Only one is different on the door panel, the little brown looking one. It is smaller than the rest. It works with F22 , website you are on may just not have updated the information.
Awesome. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
I replaced my door speakers many months ago and messed up three of them. My 2 cents is don't bother with replacing it. There are 14 of 'em per door (plus five screws); one isn't going to make the thing rattle or be loose. (That's certainly been the case with mine!)
Right, I know. I've been driving around for almost 2 months now like this. The only annoying thing is that the door panel doesn't sit flush in that corner like it should. But that's probably just because the broken clip is inside there getting in the way...so maybe I should just take that one out. Is that what you did with your busted ones?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 12:31 PM   #5
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyn View Post
Right, I know. I've been driving around for almost 2 months now like this. The only annoying thing is that the door panel doesn't sit flush in that corner like it should. But that's probably just because the broken clip is inside there getting in the way...so maybe I should just take that one out. Is that what you did with your busted ones?
I took two out, left one in that wouldn't seal but would still seat. For one of the two that totally busted, I moved a noncritical one (the ones in the center bottom and front (hinge side) of the door are your best bets) to the new location, which was on the back farthest from the mounting screws.

If you do plan on cracking open the door panels again, I would order a few spares; the plugs are plainly not meant to be reused more than two or three times. I don't plan on that (knock on wood), so I don't worry.
Appreciate 0