E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What Happened to AR DESIGN?

01-27-2016, 07:00 PM   #1
bdhh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 black 335i convertible

What Happened to AR DESIGN?

Just wondering is anyone else has recently experienced really crappy service
from AR DESIGN? I am asking because they used to be top notch. But since they changed ownership, they do not seem to give a crap. Customer support is just as important as the product for me.
Several months ago I ordered an AR Design line lock kit From ECS Tuning.
Which of course they listed as in stock, even though they Did not have any?
Got an email from ECS Tuning every 2 weeks, telling me that the item is delayed & will ship in 2 weeks. I got fed up with this after a couple of months &
Contacted ECS Tuning, to find out that they called & emailed AR DESIGN multiple time & were told the item will ship in a couple of days. Never happens.
I decided to try multiple distributors of AR DESIGN products, most of who list the item in stock, & got the same story. No stock & no communication from AR DESIGN. I even tried contacting them myself & got no response. There are so many really good product dealers on this & other sites & I think its important to let buyers know about good service & products. But if they are not good we need to let others know of our experiences.

2008 E93 ET 11.725, 1.8 60ft 122,83 mph
VRSF DP,CP, 7in intercooler, inlets. Hexon RR600s, Aquamist HSF-4 80% Meth. Robs Turbo drains, High & low side catch cans with head plugs. PE Mufflers. Fuel-it Stage 2 & TBI. Diff Brace. Line Lock. MDH Tune
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhh View Post
Just wondering is anyone else has recently experienced really crappy service
from AR DESIGN? I am asking because they used to be top notch. But since they changed ownership, they do not seem to give a crap. Customer support is just as important as the product for me.
Several months ago I ordered an AR Design line lock kit From ECS Tuning.
Which of course they listed as in stock, even though they Did not have any?
Got an email from ECS Tuning every 2 weeks, telling me that the item is delayed & will ship in 2 weeks. I got fed up with this after a couple of months &
Contacted ECS Tuning, to find out that they called & emailed AR DESIGN multiple time & were told the item will ship in a couple of days. Never happens.
I decided to try multiple distributors of AR DESIGN products, most of who list the item in stock, & got the same story. No stock & no communication from AR DESIGN. I even tried contacting them myself & got no response. There are so many really good product dealers on this & other sites & I think its important to let buyers know about good service & products. But if they are not good we need to let others know of our experiences.
You should have ordered from Mike @ n54tuning.com he would have taken care of you.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 08:19 PM   #3
bdhh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 black 335i convertible

I will give him a call.

2008 E93 ET 11.725, 1.8 60ft 122,83 mph
VRSF DP,CP, 7in intercooler, inlets. Hexon RR600s, Aquamist HSF-4 80% Meth. Robs Turbo drains, High & low side catch cans with head plugs. PE Mufflers. Fuel-it Stage 2 & TBI. Diff Brace. Line Lock. MDH Tune
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #4
Kevin39
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 N55

What ever came of this? Did you figure anything out? I'm seeing all these old threads about how great their downpipes are and yet their site is down and then I find this thread while googling for what is going on. Thanks for any updates
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 08:12 PM   #5
CantCatchMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i xdrive msport(E92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin39 View Post
What ever came of this? Did you figure anything out? I'm seeing all these old threads about how great their downpipes are and yet their site is down and then I find this thread while googling for what is going on. Thanks for any updates
They went out of business.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 09:20 AM   #6
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: State Transit Bus

OP did you end up getting a hold of a line lock kit?
Appreciate 0