THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Redoing Interior Leather

01-24-2016, 02:38 AM   #1
BiscottiGelato
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i M Sport 6MT

Redoing Interior Leather

I see this used 2014 M235i. It's exactly the way I want it minus the interior leather colour. How much usually would it be to redo the entire interior leather through some custom leather shops? Anyone know by any chance?

Thanks!
      01-24-2016, 05:40 AM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

First I woukdnt change it, pull all that apart and chances it will go back w/scratches or broken clip etcetera.

Lots of dealers have a local business that does this kind of work. Friend just had cloth changed to leather in a new Honda, probably not much more the $1200 option totaled into his lease.
Not sure if they purchased Honda OEM seat leather coverings or did ground up upholstery work but think the leather was pre-fabricated buy a supplier. It looked good but a little lose.

If you used BMW OEM parts counter seat covering figure at least $2000 just for the leather parts.
If you used a high quality customizer for a total interior refit figure closer to $15,000. But I'm guessing these figures.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 10:41 AM   #3
NEUE02
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

What color is it and what do you want? Keep in mind that perhaps just changing the seats in a complimentary color would be a nice change. Part or even entire interiors can be sourced from cars that have been wrecked and are in wreckers yards. The best places will be able to source parts for you nationwide in Canada and the USA.

Dying by a professional is another option. I've seen some amazing work done by shops that customize everything from Hondas to Lambos. Quality work is undetectable.

And talk with a professional (actually, more than one) to get a feel for what options they have and what pricing they give. You'll get better info that way.

And take everything you hear on the Internet with a grain of salt!
      01-24-2016, 05:08 PM   #4
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEUE02
What color is it and what do you want? Keep in mind that perhaps just changing the seats in a complimentary color would be a nice change. Part or even entire interiors can be sourced from cars that have been wrecked and are in wreckers yards. The best places will be able to source parts for you nationwide in Canada and the USA.

Dying by a professional is another option. I've seen some amazing work done by shops that customize everything from Hondas to Lambos. Quality work is undetectable.

And talk with a professional (actually, more than one) to get a feel for what options they have and what pricing they give. You'll get better info that way.

And take everything you hear on the Internet with a grain of salt!
Look at the new TT online, their red interior is really only the seats compared to the BMW where it's in the doors etc. really a nice look a bit more understated.
Appreciate 0