THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums AUSTRALIA Clear bra in Sydney

09-04-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
Cpdbeemer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i & X6 5.0

Clear bra in Sydney

Anyone used a local applicator? Recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 03:59 AM   #2
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

I can recommend http://www.clear-shield.com.au in Castle Hill, speak to David and tell him Aidan with the silver grey E46 M3 sent you. I previously had a Bra from the guys at OziCozi in Artarman and the quality of film and cuts/joins were sub par compared to the job David did. I went with the standard venture shield film (non self healing) and its holding up well after more than 3 years. And I drive fast!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 10:22 PM   #3
Cpdbeemer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i & X6 5.0

Thanks Hazey I have gone cold on the idea, stories around of issues removing the adhesive. Solve one problem create another.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 11:49 PM   #4
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

If the panels are cleaned properly before application and its a quality film I can't see there being any issues. If it's just a bit of adhesive left over than any citrus based adhesive remover or even IPA should work. I think you will find any horror stories would be from removal of extremely old faded yellow film (read technology has changed over the years) or incorrect technique such as not heating the film.

If you value your paint and you drive hard, tailgate on the motorways or like taking back roads often then I would not pass up a clear bra. Every new car I get will get bumper bonnet and skirts done. If I didn't have it on my M3 I guarantee there would be hundreds after only 2-3 years.

P.S why would you need to remove the film anyways?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 10:36 PM   #5
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82 View Post
I can recommend http://www.clear-shield.com.au in Castle Hill, speak to David and tell him Aidan with the silver grey E46 M3 sent you. I previously had a Bra from the guys at OziCozi in Artarman and the quality of film and cuts/joins were sub par compared to the job David did. I went with the standard venture shield film (non self healing) and its holding up well after more than 3 years. And I drive fast!
+1 for David @ Clear Shield. Seen plenty of his work and he'll be working on my cars soon too!
Appreciate 0