F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Renew SiriusXM Canada or switch to US Sirius subscription?
proTUNING Freaks

07-22-2015, 12:37 AM   #1
Joopster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport

Renew SiriusXM Canada or switch to US Sirius subscription?

My renewal rate with SiriusXM Canada is $63 every 3 months. I'm paying too much and my subscription is coming to an end in just a few days.

I called to cancel. They immediately offered me $13 for 3 months or $99 for 1 year. No decision yet on my part. Any of you get a similar renewal deal or better?

Interestingly, I just happened to visit the US Sirius website and entered my ESN number on the site. To my surprise, it tells me I can activate a 1 year free trial subscription to their best package - Sirius All Access (150+ Channels/Premium Channels/Internet Listening included). This is tempting and I wonder if I should make the switch to the US service and enjoy it free for a year.

But I'm not 100% clear if I activate a US Sirius subscription, is the US programming available in Canada?

Last edited by Joopster; 07-22-2015 at 02:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 08:41 AM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joopster View Post
My renewal rate with SiriusXM Canada is $63 every 3 months. I'm paying too much and my subscription is coming to an end in just a few days.

I called to cancel. They immediately offered me $13 for 3 months or $99 for 1 year. No decision yet on my part. Any of you get a similar renewal deal or better?

Interestingly, I just happened to visit the US Sirius website and entered my ESN number on the site. To my surprise, it tells me I can activate a 1 year free trial subscription to their best package - Sirius All Access (150+ Channels/Premium Channels/Internet Listening included). This is tempting and I wonder if I should make the switch to the US service and enjoy it free for a year.

But I'm not 100% clear if I activate a US Sirius subscription, is the US programming available in Canada?
I had a US subscription on my retrofitted NBT unit on my F30. You actually get more channels and it's significantly cheaper since their music royalty fees aren't as high and there's no dreaded activation fee.

If you're getting it free for a year why not us the US site.

Funny part is, every Canadian ESN is eligible for many trial offers. When I rent a car, usually the Sirius Radio is expired so I just register it to the US site and get the 1 month trial.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 03:27 PM   #3
Jimminez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M-Sport

I recently renewed for $98 for a year of the Sirius Select + plan, which included the $27 royalty fee and taxes. I got this lower rate a couple of years ago and took some further discussion this time to get it again (I had a free year plus the few months on record). You have to talk to the retention department and tell them that there's no way your paying that much especially since free options like Spotify are available now.

Past - F31 M Sport Estoril Blue - Thread - Pic

Current - 2021 Audi RS6 Avant
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 08:59 PM   #4
drevil2k2
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 B9 A4

I think I renewed when there was the 79/year first year deal plus royalties and taxes. Didn't get the traffic for 4.95 per month (google maps are pretty good).

If you get one year free with more channels, go for it; can always cancel at 11.5 months later.
      08-04-2015, 07:34 AM   #5
egalley
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2020 M340i, 2019 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Wow that's a lot. I have been a Sirius costumer for awhile with my previous Audi. I was able to pay $8 a month for 3 years and on free logon account for the web access to listen online. I just got this last year. And I was able to transfer it to our new BMWs. It will kick in after the free year is up.
      08-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #6
335i_4D
Now in the dark side !
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 911S 997.2 Cab

Just registered for the free 1 year Sirius US.
Will try it on this weekend.

If it works, it will be a full 2 yrs without paying for Sirius, not too bad.
2010 X5 35d Black fully loaded (Sold)
2007 335i sedan Antracite (Sold and missed !)
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 03:30 PM   #7
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joopster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i_4D View Post
Just registered for the free 1 year Sirius US.
Will try it on this weekend.

If it works, it will be a full 2 yrs without paying for Sirius, not too bad.
OLD THREAD BUMP

How do you register on US site? I tried entering my VIN and Sirius Radio ID but it kept giving errors. Even with the VIN it says I don't even have a satellite radio!
Appreciate 0