Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

07-09-2015, 11:44 PM   #1
sraj
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 540i 6sp; 2016 M4 vert

Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill 6MT owners?

I am trying to finalize my build for my M4 convertible. Have specced the manual but never driven it. Hard to find any manual M3/4's at the dealerships. Anyone willing to let me try theirs out before the order is locked? Would be happy to spring for lunch/beers and talk BMWs. I am in Raleigh but can meet wherever is convenient for you.

Cheers,
Raj
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
marcus321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Acura NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraj View Post
I am trying to finalize my build for my M4 convertible. Have specced the manual but never driven it. Hard to find any manual M3/4's at the dealerships. Anyone willing to let me try theirs out before the order is locked? Would be happy to spring for lunch/beers and talk BMWs. I am in Raleigh but can meet wherever is convenient for you.

Cheers,
Raj
Any luck finding one? I am curious as well. I went ahead and put in an order for an m4 already though. So hopefully I like it, I liked the old e92 m3 manuals.

IG: marcusnc1
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 04:06 PM   #3
sraj
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus321 View Post
Any luck finding one? I am curious as well. I went ahead and put in an order for an m4 already though. So hopefully I like it, I liked the old e92 m3 manuals.
No luck. I was nervous to order the 6MT without trying it, so I went ahead and ordered the DCT. I have driven manuals and autos for many years, but never owned a dual clutch, so I thought it was time to have that experience. Every time I've driven the F80/82 DCT, I've loved it. Especially with my ankle issues, it made sense, and it also seems to go well with the dual nature aspect of the convertible. If I get the urge to drive a manual, I can always jump in our E39 540i6. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, though.

We are hoping for an October ED. What is your build? I have SSII/full Amaro/DCT/LED/adaptive suspension/exec/driver's assist/18's. PM me after yours is delivered, we can get them together.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 04:36 PM   #4
997usa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83 M4 - Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraj
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus321 View Post
No luck. I was nervous to order the 6MT without trying it, so I went ahead and ordered the DCT. I have driven manuals and autos for many years, but never owned a dual clutch, so I thought it was time to have that experience. Every time I've driven the F80/82 DCT, I've loved it. Especially with my ankle issues, it made sense, and it also seems to go well with the dual nature aspect of the convertible. If I get the urge to drive a manual, I can always jump in our E39 540i6. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, though.

We are hoping for an October ED. What is your build? I have SSII/full Amaro/DCT/LED/adaptive suspension/exec/driver's assist/18's. PM me after yours is delivered, we can get them together.
Good luck. Am in CH as well with SS. Happy to meet you if you'd like to get some ideas around mods. Did ED late April myself
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 10:32 PM   #5
sraj
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997usa View Post
Good luck. Am in CH as well with SS. Happy to meet you if you'd like to get some ideas around mods. Did ED late April myself
Thanks for the kind offer...I will definitely be in touch!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 01:28 PM   #6
marcus321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Acura NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraj View Post

Understandable especially with ankle problem. DCT is cool, I loved it in the GTR but I miss rowing through gears and I have always enjoyed BMW manuals.

I am also expecting an October ED, hopefully by the second week. My build is Mineral White, Sahkir Orange/Extended Black, LED package, adaptive suspention, executive package, and 19s.

IG: marcusnc1
Appreciate 0