F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > DRL/adaptive lights failure after a plug swap
ARMA SPEED

07-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #1
keltis99
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i

DRL/adaptive lights failure after a plug swap

I am struggling to finally fix my driver-side xenon on my 428i...maybe someone can give me some tips?
Initially the low beam would struggle to come on (DLR both sides worked fine) – I traced the issue to a lose plug and lack of its cover (due to a previous accident I presume). I bought a “repair kit for socket housing 12 POL”. (part nr 161132359991) took a thousand photos of the wiring and carefully swapped the plug with the cover.
The low beam now comes on fine (both sides), blinker works (both sides), but DLR left wont and auto levelling/left high beam also do not work (“adaptive headlight failure on dash”)! I re-checked the connections once again, tried to fiddle, compared with (the fully functioning right side) – nothing helped.

I checked voltage the 12 pin lights plug (could not find F32 wiring diagrams – looked at F30 though):
#5 (green/blue) – indicators (8V and changing – works fine);
#3 (yellow green) – low beam 12V (works fine)
#10 (white red thin) - ???- no clue what it is – 8.6V;
#9 (red yellow) – 2.6V;
#8 (red brown) – 2.6V;
#1 (red white thick) – 0V ;
Grounding: 4, 2, 11 (brown wires); empty: 6, 7, 12;

Can anyone confirm that wire “#1” is indeed DRL on 4 series? If its 0V should I look into the harness issue? However 12 hours ago it worked fine…could some touching connectors during the plug swap caused a short?

Tx for your tips
xS
Belgium
Attached Images