THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Stone chips and dealership repair...I'm better then they are!

07-03-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enzo F23 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Stone chips and dealership repair...I'm better then they are!

So, I finally got my first stone chip and it was bad enough that It needed to be repaired.

Called the dealership and asked how much for their paint tech to touch-up...response was free as it was still a new car! Great I thought and scheduled an appointment.

Upon arrival, dude looks over the scratches and grabs the paint code. Car is really dirty from massive ran last night. He returns and dabs some paint on the chip.

Are you freaking kidding me!!!! It needs to be cleaned, scuffed, built up and then sanded down. This is the same dealership that I believe scuffed my leather and I will now never return there.

So now I have to scuff sand the area down and perform the repair myself.

So I'm asking the Forum...Am I too anal or is this normal?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 11:01 AM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

a lot of dealers work that way but it's not how it should be done
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
a lot of dealers work that way but it's not how it should be done
Understood, but even the Toyota and VW dealerships had better service then my current BMW dealership. My CA is great, it's just the supporting staff.
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2015, 01:34 PM   #4
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

OpenAir, does your dealer phone you after a visit to find out how things went.
My dealer, even if I bring in just a wheel to have a tire put on, will call the next day to ask if I'm happy. They say that the vice-president of the dealership wants to make sure things went perfectly.
Their body shop actually had me meet the tech who repaired a scratch to make sure we both agreed the job was perfect.
If you don't complain to management then certainly things like this will not be resolved.
Your not being unreasonable complaining even if it was free work. You should write a letter to the owner - they often appreciate that kind of feedback. But of course some dealers are just about the sale with sloppy service. I'm sure BMW North America monitors these forums so name names.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 09:00 PM   #5
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
OpenAir, does your dealer phone you after a visit to find out how things went.
My dealer, even if I bring in just a wheel to have a tire put on, will call the next day to ask if I'm happy. They say that the vice-president of the dealership wants to make sure things went perfectly.
Their body shop actually had me meet the tech who repaired a scratch to make sure we both agreed the job was perfect.
If you don't complain to management then certainly things like this will not be resolved.
Your not being unreasonable complaining even if it was free work. You should write a letter to the owner - they often appreciate that kind of feedback. But of course some dealers are just about the sale with sloppy service. I'm sure BMW North America monitors these forums so name names.
I'm preparing a statement to send to the owner and BMW of America. As you pointed out, complaining about something and not informing the person who can make a change is just whining. I'm just taking my time and trying to keep my heated emotions out of my complaints.

Thanks
Appreciate 0