Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

06-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #1
mephiska
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Garage List
SF bay area Markup on orders normal?

I'm looking to get back into a BMW and want to get my dream M3. I've talked to Concord & Weatherford so far and both seem like they're doing 4-5k markups on factory orders.

Is there anyone in the bay area that I can work with that can do MSRP or better on these?
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #2
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

BMW of mtnview will do less than msrp.
Monterey BMW is where I got my f80 and I didn't pay anywhere near msrp
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #3
TheDiddy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mephiska
I'm looking to get back into a BMW and want to get my dream M3. I've talked to Concord & Weatherford so far and both seem like they're doing 4-5k markups on factory orders.

Is there anyone in the bay area that I can work with that can do MSRP or better on these?
Don't waste your time. Honestly order from SoCal and just drive it up one weekend. You'll save thousands and get the joy of driving it on a mini road trip.

Think about it this way. Pay 4k-5k over or pay 100 for a southwest flight and maybe 50 in users to save 8k?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 12:40 AM   #4
Pung391
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Conv.

I ordered mine from BMW OF SF and wasn't charged a mark up fee. Look for Carlos or Eugene. Tell them Brian sent you.

Appreciate 1
      06-15-2015, 07:09 AM   #5
mephiska
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
BMW of mtnview will do less than msrp.
Monterey BMW is where I got my f80 and I didn't pay anywhere near msrp
I'd love that. Do you know the name of someone at either dealer that I can contact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiddy View Post
Don't waste your time. Honestly order from SoCal and just drive it up one weekend. You'll save thousands and get the joy of driving it on a mini road trip.

Think about it this way. Pay 4k-5k over or pay 100 for a southwest flight and maybe 50 in users to save 8k?
That's totally reasonable and I'll definitely look into it once I exhaust all my local options.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 08:32 AM   #6
Rtbc6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Same recommendation here. I'm close to Stevens creek as well as Mountain View and ended up getting my car at Pacific Bmw in Glendale,ca from Greg Poland. Nothing but good things to say. Found what I wanted when others couldn't. Fun drive back in a f82.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #7
Devilzmantis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 991 Turbo S

Weatherford was marking it up on orders in 2014 but they shouldn't anymore.... unless the salesguy doesn't know you and wants to earn cash from you and an idiot. If you want a contact in Weatherford, let me know... he will get you atleast msrp or maybe take 1-2k off.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #8
mephiska
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilzmantis View Post
If you want a contact in Weatherford, let me know... he will get you atleast msrp or maybe take 1-2k off.
Yes please, I've put feelers out there all over the place but haven't gotten firm numbers from anyone yet, other than the $5000 marked up quote I got from weatherford.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 12:58 PM   #9
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mephiska View Post
I'd love that. Do you know the name of someone at either dealer that I can contact?

That's totally reasonable and I'll definitely look into it once I exhaust all my local options.
Gary Monterey BMW
Great guy and straight forward.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2015, 02:48 PM   #10
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep
Drives: //M

East Bay BMW was not marking up in 2014....highly doubt they started now....
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #11
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Fremont bmw was prepared to give me $1k under MSRP. -$500 for USAA, -$500 For CCA. I would hit them up.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #12
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

I think it's a no-brainer to order from Socal and drive-up. You can negotiate for just a bit more than invoice here for '15 orders.
      06-15-2015, 05:58 PM   #13
DaBean
Sakhir Smurf
Rep
Drives: Plaid, F82 M4, E46 M3, Sequoia

Garage List
2002 BMW X5 4.4i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Seems like SoCal is the cheaper bet. Only downside is doing a road trip w/o clear bra, if you wanted to install one. For me, that was out of the question.

BMWSF gave me MSRP on my order 6 months ago... Look for Michael Wu
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #14
gnacker
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 15 M4 & 03 AP1

Same thing happened to me when I was shopping around... In the end I went through a broker (who got me an allocation with BMW of Santa Maria) It went straight to production 3 days after I contacted them.
      06-15-2015, 07:04 PM   #15
sandwi54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G07, F90

I would not buy a F80/82 in the bay area. When I ordered last summer, no one was selling below MSRP so I went to Socal for many thousands off. I can't believe the bay area dealers are still charging MSRP now since the supply is so abundant now.
      06-15-2015, 09:00 PM   #16
mephiska
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well so far I got Concord down to MSRP. I did get in touch with Michael Wu and emailed him what I was looking for but I haven't heard back yet.

Going to SoCal is appealing but very difficult for me to do right now with a 3 month old at home.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 09:30 PM   #17
hussington
Rep
Drives: M3

I got mine from Stevens creek. Ordered it in end of August and received in early December. I payed few thousand under msrp. Ask for Fred (sales) and nassar (finance manager), they should be able to give you a pretty good deal. Let them know Hussein sent you.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 11:00 PM   #18
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwi54 View Post
I would not buy a F80/82 in the bay area. When I ordered last summer, no one was selling below MSRP so I went to Socal for many thousands off. I can't believe the bay area dealers are still charging MSRP now since the supply is so abundant now.
This. It's just business, I know. But it's crazy for dealers to think they can charge MSRP or mark up on these cars. Unless I am really desperate, i would never pay MSRP on a German car. Buy from Socal and enjoy the scenic drive up along highway 1.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 11:08 PM   #19
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussington View Post
I got mine from Stevens creek. Ordered it in end of August and received in early December. I payed few thousand under msrp. Ask for Fred (sales) and nassar (finance manager), they should be able to give you a pretty good deal. Let them know Hussein sent you.
After a few experiences, I hate SC BMW with a passion. When buying my M235i, the customer experience guy named Dan (or Daniel) pestered me a few times a day or a week or two. I told him I got a good quote (from a different state) and I know they won't be able to match. He promised me that he had talked to thea ager(s) and they can match it at $900 over. So i drove down there on a rainy day (tis was the season) with my dad and a friend who was also gonna order a car. Walked in, waited for Dave Parker. When we sat down with him he gave us Euro MSRP. Surprised, I asked "wait, Dan said you guys will do $900 over invoice." Dave said "what? No way! If I had known that I wouldn't have told you guys to come down."

I called Dan, who was in the office. He works upstairs and didn't even bother coming downstairs to greet me. He said, from upstairs, that he will talk to the manager. He swore he spoke to them. Anyhow, we ended up going home without a deal. It was a waste of time with a shitty dealership. All my other experiences were terrible as well. The only good guy there was Ricky Tan. He was cool.

We ended up going to Peter Pan who matched the deal and ordered 2 cars from Victor Hung. I vowed never to buy a car or refer people to Stevens Creek BMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 11:25 PM   #20
hussington
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
After a few experiences, I hate SC BMW with a passion. When buying my M235i, the customer experience guy named Dan (or Daniel) pestered me a few times a day or a week or two. I told him I got a good quote (from a different state) and I know they won't be able to match. He promised me that he had talked to thea ager(s) and they can match it at $900 over. So i drove down there on a rainy day (tis was the season) with my dad and a friend who was also gonna order a car. Walked in, waited for Dave Parker. When we sat down with him he gave us Euro MSRP. Surprised, I asked "wait, Dan said you guys will do $900 over invoice." Dave said "what? No way! If I had known that I wouldn't have told you guys to come down."

I called Dan, who was in the office. He works upstairs and didn't even bother coming downstairs to greet me. He said, from upstairs, that he will talk to the manager. He swore he spoke to them. Anyhow, we ended up going home without a deal. It was a waste of time with a shitty dealership. All my other experiences were terrible as well. The only good guy there was Ricky Tan. He was cool.

We ended up going to Peter Pan who matched the deal and ordered 2 cars from Victor Hung. I vowed never to buy a car or refer people to Stevens Creek BMW.
To be honest, I would never buy from Stevens creek if it wasn't for Nassar. My father and I have know him for years and he always gives us great deals. I text him before I even go in and we agree on a price. Fred is just the sales person who always completes the transactions for him. But like you said the reset of the people there aren't very helpful and often unwilling to make a deal because so many in that area buy at there asking price. So I wouldn't recommend Stevens creek unless your dealing with someone you know like I do. I figured with a referral they would try to at least give OP a similar deal that I received.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 12:34 PM   #21
kdphan
Captain
Rep
Drives: everything is gone!

None of the dealers wanted anything less than MSRP when I started sending out emails.

I was fortunate to find a dealer in Socal that took my offer of not much over invoice after rebates/incentives.

Same thing happened when I was in the market for an e92M several years back. Had to fly down to LA to pick up a used M3.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 03:58 PM   #22
mikex25
Major
Rep
Drives: Grey thing

I contacted many northern California dealers and Weatherford quoted me 3k above msrp. Considering the tech boom in Northern California, many dealers are marking up their m3/m4 and people are willing to pay it. I took my business out of state and going to have it shipped to me.
Appreciate 0