F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > First BMW BAD experience
ARMA SPEED

06-04-2015, 09:40 AM   #1
Robertz
Rep
Drives: f30

First BMW BAD experience

First bmw but certainly will be the last also.
After looking under my seats for rust and contacted them this is what i got as a reply.

My service manager, Pierre-Luc Longpré, and I, have studied your case and we would like to assure you that we always do whatever it takes to deliver a premium quality service. BMW’s seat frames as at any other luxury dealerships are made of metal. Metal oxidation is normal, and it cannot be avoided, BMW warranty protection plan does not cover such things, due to the fact that it doesn’t affect the seat functionality, and it doesn’t have an esthetic function. In others words, there is no failure of the seat frame itself.

Concerning the message in the dashboard for the battery, you must understand that this is not a problem, it is a warning message from the vehicle to tell you that the battery state of charge is getting low. Your BMW is constantly calculating the state of charge of your battery, and according to various others elements such exterior temperature, distances traveled, stationary periods, it determines the need to inform you that your battery needs to be charged. Charging the battery with an appropriate battery charger would be the best solution. Once again, we offer this service, but this is not covered by the warranty.

We hope the explanations given above clarifies your concerns and you can contact me if you have any more questions .

Best regards

Going to the dealer 3 times in a row ... for some problem that never got fix I gave up on Canbec. This is just taking their customer for granted. Wonder if i should have went with Honda instead....

Last edited by Robertz; 06-04-2015 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 10:07 AM   #2
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
I still don't understand this searching under your seat for rust issue. Why make a problem out of nothing, so that they are dicks about real issues like battery discharge?!

Sounds like you should trade in your car for that honda. Just make sure to bring your undercarriage mirror, independent mechanic, plastic density tester, and dyno with you, to make sure everything is just to spec.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 10:16 AM   #3
Robertz
Rep

Nah cause they charge me an amount a year before for charging my battery.
Because i found this forum, I saw that battery discharge wasnt my mistake. They said i wasnt driving the car enough whatsoever. They should have said when the temperature is too cold,, seriously so no heating and stuff like that is normal. Dont be a dick i wont be a dick. My safety nuts broke in the bolt and they charge me a freaking ridiculous amount to change it. (Scratching all my rims of course.) But hey as you wrote im the one being a dick.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #4
Robertz
Rep

btw the 3 visits wasnt for the rust. It was for a bulb bolt joint and stuff like that.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
mge92
SPEED RACER
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50d BMW M2 CS

Try a different dealership
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #6
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

That is hilarious, the dealer is giving you lesson in chemistry.

I know you lot are in the US but in the UK the rusty seat is replaced under warranty. Go find another dealer.
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2015, 10:28 PM   #7
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Mine got repainted by the dealership. Wish they replaced it instead, but i guess somethings better than nothing
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 11:24 PM   #8
Robertz
Rep

sales team was wonderful aint gonna lie about that. Customer relation..... is a mess(CANBEC). Got a benz 08 and it is still in perfect condition. No wonder that Korean guy broke his whole car for this issue. I will just try a different dealership to see if theres any other option.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 12:09 PM   #9
BryanEX
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Rusty seat was corrected (coated) under a recall for my 328i w/o them even notifying me about it. I see no reason why they can't perform work related to a recall.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #10
Dconlan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive

Garage List
Could be worse...

I wish the only problems I had with my BMW was rust under the seat and a weak battery, my 13' 328xdrive has been in the shop 10+ times and counting for camera malfunctions, collision warning malfunctions, trunk not opening, steering wheel heat not working, vibrations, rusty brake hubs and a few other things. BMW doesn't think that this is a big deal and unwilling to make any other concessions except to continue to try and fix my car. This will be my last BMW, the BMW NA Customer Relations offered me a "trade assist" verbally in November and after I contacted my dealer, BMW reneged on the offer. Worst service and customer support I have ever evpierenced, BWM= Been My Worst...

Last edited by Dconlan; 06-07-2015 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 11:36 PM   #11
Robertz
Rep

F30 is a dam nice car it is just a shame that this advisor and team manager ruins my first experience. Should have been loyal to benz from the beginning. This is such a headache.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 11:42 PM   #12
Robertz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTDR1V View Post
I still don't understand this searching under your seat for rust issue. Why make a problem out of nothing, so that they are dicks about real issues like battery discharge?!

Sounds like you should trade in your car for that honda. Just make sure to bring your undercarriage mirror, independent mechanic, plastic density tester, and dyno with you, to make sure everything is just to spec.

I should have been with honda but i think i will receive a better service than just some ignorant advisor. Sorry im not used to get screwed over but thats just me. If you pay 50k plus for a car you expect some treatment against corrosion. Anyways f this it will be my last one from beamer for sure. Either way bmwna isnt much of a help.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #13
sirhawes
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 328i Imperial Blue

Lol something you cant see unless you specifically look for it thats purely cosmetic? Cmon man, dont expect to be treated like you drive a rolls. For the battery, my dealer installed a battery charger free of charge and i just plug her in every now and then. The alternator in our cars cant keep up with the power consumption the car uses. Part of the reason bmw's make good power numbers is from the minimal drag on our engines. Same reason we're in the era of electric power steering. But to dismiss a whole car make because of these two minor issues? See ya
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 03:50 PM   #14
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

I had my BMW dealer fix the rust for me on my 2013 328. The BMW of north america rep looked at the photos and said it was purely cosmetic. I came onto F30post here and posted everything in the order it happened with everyone's names involved.

I then forwarded posts, images, and warranty claims where people have successfully gotten their seats fixed to the rep and service manager. A couple days later BMW of NA called me up and told me that they'd love to replace my seat frames with newer ones which were properly produced and not rusted. It took 2 business days to replace at my dealer, and so far everything is great!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 01:54 PM   #15
Robertz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawes View Post
Lol something you cant see unless you specifically look for it thats purely cosmetic? Cmon man, dont expect to be treated like you drive a rolls. For the battery, my dealer installed a battery charger free of charge and i just plug her in every now and then. The alternator in our cars cant keep up with the power consumption the car uses. Part of the reason bmw's make good power numbers is from the minimal drag on our engines. Same reason we're in the era of electric power steering. But to dismiss a whole car make because of these two minor issues? See ya
I didnt say the car was bad. If you keep charging me and blaming me for not driving the car etc . Comeon ... you dont know the struggle when it is minus 40 in a cold winter and you cant see shit because theres no heat. You see a corolla next to you without these problems youll know how i feel. Not my fault if they failed to calculate how much power or whatsoever the car pulls. My benz is still running like brand new. Yeah it did got a few problems but the service was fantastic. I dont think i would be flipping like this if i was in cali. However up here this aint no fun trust me. Specially when your ass is freezing in the cold weather and they charge you for plugging your car. What a joke and as for the rust it is because of the salt in winter. Right... next time just say u are selling a car not up to spec that comes with a china labor quality.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #16
sirhawes
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertz
Quote:
I didnt say the car was bad. If you keep charging me and blaming me for not driving the car etc . Comeon ... you dont know the struggle when it is minus 40 in a cold winter and you cant see shit because theres no heat. You see a corolla next to you without these problems youll know how i feel. Not my fault if they failed to calculate how much power or whatsoever the car pulls. My benz is still running like brand new. Yeah it did got a few problems but the service was fantastic. I dont think i would be flipping like this is i was in cali. However up here this aint no fun trust me. Specially when your ass is freezing in the cold weather and they charge you for plugging your car. What a joke and as for the rust it is because of the salt in winter. Right... next time just say in selling a car not up to spec that comes with a china labor quality.
Meh, i dont drive mine in winter. When i pay over 40000 for a car i like to treat it like one. If you plan on keeping it, get a battery charger installed. But seriously, if you think these cars have slave children build quality, go back to mercedes. When i test drove one i thought the opposite of you. When it comes to the back breaking seats, sub par performance and cheap interior (I'm assuming its last gen c class or e class) all you're really left with is a shiny 3 point star and a relatively smooth ride. I'm no fanboy either, but when it comes to german cars, i dont see how you could like mercedes over anything. To each their own
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #17
Robertz
Rep

Quote:
Meh, i dont drive mine in winter. When i pay over 40000 for a car i like to treat it like one. If you plan on keeping it, get a battery charger installed. But seriously, if you think these cars have slave children build quality, go back to mercedes. When i test drove one i thought the opposite of you. When it comes to the back breaking seats, sub par performance and cheap interior (I'm assuming its last gen c class or e class) all you're really left with is a shiny 3 point star and a relatively smooth ride. I'm no fanboy either, but when it comes to german cars, i dont see how you could like mercedes over anything. To each their own
I love my f30 serie. I did and still love this brand. For me, if you pay 53k you should at least receive a descent customer service. CANBEC IS TERRIBLE. I tried to join bmwna for some help but they say the advisor was right....
so other f30 owners have their seats frames replace and me... go f yourself kind of answer....
So busy these days but ill try a different dealership. With the service advisor thats telling me everything is normal even his 7series has rust... what a ratchet answer. I thought i was still in highschool comparing cars.. just admit that it wasnt treated against corrosion whatsoever goddam advisors treating customers as fools
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 06:29 PM   #18
sirhawes
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertz
Quote:
I love my f30 serie. I did and still love this brand. For me, if you pay 53k you should at least receive a descent customer service. CANBEC IS TERRIBLE. I tried to join bmwna for some help but they say the advisor was right....
so other f30 owners have their seats frames replace and me... go f yourself kind of answer....
So busy these days but ill try a different dealership. With the service advisor thats telling me everything is normal even his 7series has rust... what a ratchet answer. I thought i was still in highschool comparing cars.. just admit that it wasnt treated against corrosion whatsoever goddam advisors treating customers as fools
Yea, heard a lot of horror stories about shitty dealerships. I guess I'm just lucky to have a good one
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 07:05 AM   #19
ohrich
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i

Hi Robertz,

I noticed your from Montreal.

Try BMW Laval.

I usually see Jamie Despres.
I always get amazing service.

Last edited by ohrich; 06-13-2015 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 10:03 PM   #20
Robertz
Rep

Last one from canbec for sure

Will try Thanks
Carlos at Canbec cant and wont help me. This guy argue all the way over.
Appreciate 0