BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

05-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #1
ezease30
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 BMW F80 | '06 BMW E90

'16 M3 ED...Texas Dealership

New to posting, but look time lurker on this forum, which BTW is a wealth of information. Thank you, first and foremost, to all of you enthusiasts, who contribute to the forum!

I'm in Austin and planning on a Mar '16 M3 ED. I've seen from these forums that Texas dealerships have a track record of not offering good ED deals relative to other parts of the country. I prefer to work with a local dealership (i.e. BMW of Austin, as Austin is where I reside), but open to any dealership within Texas. I'm going to get all my servicing done at the local dealership and also would like to pick up the car locally as opposed to traveling across the country and put miles and $ toward picking up the car. Question is what have the Texas members of this forum have experienced, especially in regards to ED? Is $1000-$1500 above ED invoice achievable from an in-state dealer or is that a pipe dream? Nearest options I've seen for those types of deals tend to be in SoCal.

Any insight you can share would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

And please if I should be posting this in a different sub-forum or not asking the right questions, let me know. I'm still a relative noob at this. Last time I was trying to get information like this was on my first ED 10 years ago. I was in SoCal at the time and that turned out to be an easy process.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 09:39 PM   #2
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

I would definitely try BMW of San Antonio. PM me for salesman's name.
      05-20-2015, 12:00 AM   #3
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Give a holler to Doctor///M He did ED from Texas
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 08:44 AM   #4
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Give a holler to Doctor///M He did ED from Texas
Thanks for the reference SakhirM4 , but I purchased from Steve Thomas GOLFFRR BMWDavid. They're great and completely familiar with the process. If you prefer to stay local, check out Judy Ray at BMW of Austin. She was a classroom advisor at a track weekend I attended at TWS. She has a ton of racing experience (especially with M-cars) and seems to be a good person to work with. Be sure to let her know I sent you her way so that (hopefully) it works in your favor.
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2015, 03:16 PM   #5
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I went through Houston Midtown BMW for my ED and had no issues. Dates worked out fine and I was communicated to the whole process.

Deal I got was straight ED discount, nothing on top of that. I placed my order last summer when cars were still brand new so maybe a ED discount+ could be had by now. Good luck, it's an awesome process that I will never forget.
Attached Images

05-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #6
yaymitch
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
I went through Houston Midtown BMW for my ED and had no issues. Dates worked out fine and I was communicated to the whole process.

Deal I got was straight ED discount, nothing on top of that. I placed my order last summer when cars were still brand new so maybe a ED discount+ could be had by now. Good luck, it's an awesome process that I will never forget.
Advantage Midtown will not give a penny off on the F80, not sure about the M4. I was told that the Sales Manager won't discount because he doesn't have to since these cars are in such high demand. Not my experience with other dealers and after having bought multiple cars from Advantage previously, I will never spend a dime on a car with them again... Maybe others have had better luck with them.
      05-22-2015, 12:38 AM   #7
samsway
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2015

I second BMW of San Antonio. Just the best. Contact me for the CA
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #8
IMMLaw
Esq.
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaymitch View Post
Advantage Midtown will not give a penny off on the F80, not sure about the M4. I was told that the Sales Manager won't discount because he doesn't have to since these cars are in such high demand. Not my experience with other dealers and after having bought multiple cars from Advantage previously, I will never spend a dime on a car with them again... Maybe others have had better luck with them.
I second all of this. I wouldn't go back there either. My salesman didn't even take the time to teach me the car (granted I did ED but still). And on top of that I sent him TWO people who purchased a car from him BEFORE I even took delivery of my own.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #9
Swancoat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Bought two cars here too... and looks like that's it. I went to inquire about European delivery, and my CA's eyes lit up because they had 'Great Deals on ED cars!'. He went back to his managers office and came back proudly announcing they could give me like 7% off. Not 7% off of the ED MSRP, 7% off of the US MSRP. The exact same 7% that BMW lowers the price by.

I'm also looking to do a 2016 M3 with ED... so if anyone has any dealers (I've talked to a few, but they all say they have no allocations yet and discussion stop there) let me know.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 12:11 AM   #10
texasmade01
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG

Quote:
I was looking at doing an order for an M3 or M4 within the past month and Advantage Midtown wouldn't budge a single penny. Salesman seemed shocked that I wouldn't purchase at full MSRP and walked out.

I know Momentum and BMW North were each willing to give $500 on an M3 or $1000 on an M4.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 08:30 AM   #11
Swancoat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Houston's a pretty tough place to buy a car most times (particularly a premium/luxury car). These guys at Advantage are kings at showing their shock at how you can't accept their garbage deal.

When I bought my E92, I went there wanting to trade my Cayman S in. They wouldn't budge off of MSRP on the M3, and offered a total stink bid on the Cayman. I was actually surprised at how offended/upset I was. (Not sure if I was upset because all of a sudden 'reality' was a lot different than what I thought it was, or if I looked like that much of a 'mark' to them).

Anyway, I went and listed the Cayman privately, sold it in about 20 days - probably left a couple of thousand on the table too, but I wanted to move it. Then I rolled back in to Advantage. Cash in hand, they have no leverage on the trade and were a lot more willing to move on the price.

At the end of the day - even considering that you have to pay more sales tax if not trading in - the total deal left about $11,500 in my pocket compared to the initial 'deal' Advantage was offering me when they were going to take the trade. That is a MASSIVE amount of money on cars in this price range. That's basically pretty offensive.

I'm not saying I'd never buy there again - a deal is a deal. But as for loyalty or dealer support, or whatever - they can forget it.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 09:58 AM   #12
texasmade01
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG

So true about the guys at Advantage.

At least Momentum and BMW North were professional about it. When I told them the price was more than what I was willing to pay all in for either car, there was no shock that I wasn't willing to buy right then and there. They thanked me for my time and said to let them know if I ever reconsider.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 05:20 PM   #13
yaymitch
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade01 View Post
I was looking at doing an order for an M3 or M4 within the past month and Advantage Midtown wouldn't budge a single penny. Salesman seemed shocked that I wouldn't purchase at full MSRP and walked out.

I know Momentum and BMW North were each willing to give $500 on an M3 or $1000 on an M4.
Buy outside Houston and you can get much better discounts than those.
      05-26-2015, 05:40 PM   #14
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

I don't think you'll get anything beyond the ED price in TX.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 07:36 PM   #15
yaymitch
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakBch View Post
I was able to get a decent discount off MSRP in Texas on an order that was not ED actually.
      05-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #16
MasterP
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaymitch
Quote:
I was able to get 5% off MSRP in Texas and that was not ED.
In addition to ED price?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #17
yaymitch
Major
Rep

Quote:
In addition to ED price?
Maybe I misunderstood. Are you saying ED price on a non-ED order? I know ED is 7% off MSRP. 7% off MSRP is a good price.
      05-26-2015, 08:34 PM   #18
MasterP
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaymitch
Quote:
In addition to ED price?
Maybe I misunderstood. Are you saying ED price on a non-ED order? I know ED is 7% off MSRP. 7% off MSRP is a good price.
I'm saying some people are seeking to stack ED pricing with any additional dealer concessions and/or discounts.

Even with ED pricing the dealer is still making close to the retail margin. So in most cases ED is no big deal for them to accept it. There are a few more steps for the SA to arrange but a seasoned one would have no problem. Take your pricing and enjoy your trip. The game is when the Buyer wants the ED pricing plus some of the margin. Most dealers in Texas won't play with those terms. There are a few that won't do ED on the F80 sedan at all. The thinking is they have retail buyers at MSRP in their local markets that can and will take delivery locally so why hassle with an ED sale? F82/83 M4's they are more willing to move on since its been observed those are less desirable. There was a instance in Arlington where they were refusing ED on the first few allocation waves.

I was fortunate to get 6% off in November when I got my F80. I also scooped the BMW FS holiday incentive at signing and the BMW CCA rebate afterwards. But if I had insisted on stacking that on top of the ED pricing like some try to I probably would not have succeeded.

There are dealers along the west coast that do sprinkle a little extra discount or freebies into the ED price.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 11:38 PM   #19
Bruce AaLee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Did any of the leads pan out? I'm looking for a M3 ED allocation in September, December, or January. I contacted one of the main sponsors on this board and even they want ED MSRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezease30 View Post
New to posting, but look time lurker on this forum, which BTW is a wealth of information. Thank you, first and foremost, to all of you enthusiasts, who contribute to the forum!

I'm in Austin and planning on a Mar '16 M3 ED. I've seen from these forums that Texas dealerships have a track record of not offering good ED deals relative to other parts of the country. I prefer to work with a local dealership (i.e. BMW of Austin, as Austin is where I reside), but open to any dealership within Texas. I'm going to get all my servicing done at the local dealership and also would like to pick up the car locally as opposed to traveling across the country and put miles and $ toward picking up the car. Question is what have the Texas members of this forum have experienced, especially in regards to ED? Is $1000-$1500 above ED invoice achievable from an in-state dealer or is that a pipe dream? Nearest options I've seen for those types of deals tend to be in SoCal.

Any insight you can share would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

And please if I should be posting this in a different sub-forum or not asking the right questions, let me know. I'm still a relative noob at this. Last time I was trying to get information like this was on my first ED 10 years ago. I was in SoCal at the time and that turned out to be an easy process.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 07:41 AM   #20
Miamiboyca
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW - F80

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
So I was able to get 500 over invoice AFTER the $1000 anniversary credit so technically $1500 over invoice. My guy is out of Atlanta which is a 150 South West Airlines flight and nice long drive. I just plan to make a weekend out the pickup. Fly in Fri or Sat morning. Spend the day, sleep and then head out early.

PM me if you want his details. In the end I wound up choosing to go the ED route but the 1500 over invoice was the same for US or ED. In texas its tough to get a decent deal and not a lot of people know how ED works.

2015 M3 - MW, Sonoma, Exec, LED, Adaptive, HK, 19" Light, 6M ED 7/7/2015 - Redelivery-8/18/15
2013 535i - SG, Sonoma, M-SPort, Prem, Tech, CW, Lux Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012/PCD -12/14/12
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 07:45 AM   #21
Miamiboyca
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW - F80

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post

So you paid MSRP then... ED MSRP but MSRP none the less.

Sweet looking car.... great color.

2015 M3 - MW, Sonoma, Exec, LED, Adaptive, HK, 19" Light, 6M ED 7/7/2015 - Redelivery-8/18/15
2013 535i - SG, Sonoma, M-SPort, Prem, Tech, CW, Lux Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012/PCD -12/14/12
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 08:11 PM   #22
funk74
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamiboyca View Post
So I was able to get 500 over invoice AFTER the $1000 anniversary credit so technically $1500 over invoice. My guy is out of Atlanta which is a 150 South West Airlines flight and nice long drive. I just plan to make a weekend out the pickup. Fly in Fri or Sat morning. Spend the day, sleep and then head out early.

PM me if you want his details. In the end I wound up choosing to go the ED route but the 1500 over invoice was the same for US or ED. In texas its tough to get a decent deal and not a lot of people know how ED works.
Why didn't you just do PCD then if you are gonna drive from atlanta?

I bought mine out of portland. got $1250 above ED invoice. Very easy process with David. Sent him another person from down here as well who ended up buying from him too.

Appreciate 0