THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums AUSTRALIA HUD retrofit - comments

05-11-2015, 04:16 AM   #1
P8tor
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i - Glacier Silver

Talking HUD retrofit - comments

I wish the HUD feature was an option in the M235i. I've driven a 328i and even a Holden Calais with this feature and was impressed by it. I note that BMW have released a HUD retrofit package that is available in Europe and U.S. that is supposed the fit the 2 series as well. Has anybody seen this? What are your thoughts?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 05:09 AM   #2
silverbeet25
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: a little bimmer

spoke to the dealer about this not long ago, poor sales lady was clueless. later I got the response from the dealer:"this accessory is currently only available in North America and Europe. We (BMW Australia) have no idea if we plan to import this product. our technicians are not trained for this retrofit at the moment."

having said that I have seen people in this forum retrofit the piece, an independent BMW mechanic from Sydney I think.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 03:48 AM   #3
P8tor
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i - Glacier Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbeet25 View Post
spoke to the dealer about this not long ago, poor sales lady was clueless. later I got the response from the dealer:"this accessory is currently only available in North America and Europe. We (BMW Australia) have no idea if we plan to import this product. our technicians are not trained for this retrofit at the moment."

having said that I have seen people in this forum retrofit the piece, an independent BMW mechanic from Sydney I think.
Yes that's correct, Stu from BMR autowerks ( F30 forum) here in Sydney has imported a unit and fitted it for a customer. I've contacted BMW customer service dept in Melbourne and got absolutely nothing from them (typical). Found out from a local dealer that they can't import them as they (BMW) have a sale block on the part number. Also the Garmin or Navman app required to run the navigation component is only available in USA and Europe from a U.S. Based iTunes account.. I've been able to download the fitting instructions and it doesn't appear all that difficult... But I still want to see one or at least speak to someone that has one, before I commit...
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 04:48 AM   #4
ngl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

The X2 has HUD and the instrument cluster seems to be about the same size as the F22. I wonder if it could be retrofitted.
Appreciate 0