THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - Southeast Lexington, KY

05-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 991S & 2013 M3 CP

Lexington, KY

Any 2 series owners here in Lexington? Only seen a few around here; one other white, a mineral grey, and a black base 228.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #2
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

BUMP!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Saw this beautiful EB coupe over the weekend with dealer plates. Anyone here? Congrats on the new car!

Edit: guess the picture didn't post from the app. It was a EB M235i parked on Limestone across the street from Two Keys and Local Taco. Beautiful car, but I can't spend the next week fighting with the app to post pictures.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
Annon2255
Rep
Drives: Mazda 3

Are you sure it wasn't a 435i? I have a friend who bought a 2014 EB 435i last January and I think he lives just off Limestone near the UK medical campus.

My wife and I are looking to get a VO 228i or EB M235i.

Edit: Oh, nvm. I didn't see you said that it had dealer plates. I'm gonna have to go out for a drive and try to find it!
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #5
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annon2255 View Post
Are you sure it wasn't a 435i? I have a friend who bought a 2014 EB 435i last January and I think he lives just off Limestone near the UK medical campus.

My wife and I are looking to get a VO 228i or EB M235i.

Edit: Oh, nvm. I didn't see you said that it had dealer plates. I'm gonna have to go out for a drive and try to find it!
Hey great to see another Lexington member! I would highly recommend the M235i. Although both cars are great, the inline 6 just sounds and feels perfect in the 2, and the power is spot on.

I actually met the owner of the EB 235i on Tuesday at our local BMWCCA meet. He works up at Don Jacobs. Very nice guy and a real enthusiast. He definitely loves his new car; it's a 2016 6mt EB of course with black leatherette and the aluminum trim.

If you have any questions or would like to check out mine you are welcome to some time, although it may be a few weeks as my wife got rear ended on new circle road yesterday by some idiot in a truck that was weaving through traffic and following way too close. When she had to stop quickly as traffic had backed up as it often does right past the Richmond road exit he was unable to stop as quickly as her, and was not smart enough to go around her onto the shoulder which had ample room. I am very mad, but thankfully she is not hurt very bad. I'm going to post a new thread over in the 2 series forum with more information, but I will say that I am very happy with the way the BMW held up in the accident. They may not be the most reliable, but they are built damn well and are very safe and well engineered cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 04:45 PM   #6
Annon2255
Rep
Drives: Mazda 3

I saw your thread. That part of New Circle is always a mess and drivers in Lexington just don't pay attention half the time. Good luck on the repairs.

Hey, where do you get your cars? Usually from Don Jacobs? You have a CA there you like? We've been working with Patron and he's great, but he informed us that he's likely going to be moving on from there before we order (if we order).
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #7
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annon2255 View Post
I saw your thread. That part of New Circle is always a mess and drivers in Lexington just don't pay attention half the time. Good luck on the repairs.

Hey, where do you get your cars? Usually from Don Jacobs? You have a CA there you like? We've been working with Patron and he's great, but he informed us that he's likely going to be moving on from there before we order (if we order).
Hey man sorry I just saw your reply! Quote my message if you reply again and it will send me a notification!

The M235i we bought from Bryce at BMW Silverspring back in December. I had been casually looking since they came out, but in early December decided I wanted one ASAP. Found one there that was pretty much exactly how we would order it and worked the deal over the phone/email in the course of a few days. Picked it up December 23 in Maryland and drove it ten hours back home that day. On Christmas eve we headed back the same way to my wife's grandparents house in West Virginia. We put 1000 miles on the car in the first 2 days! I would highly recommend Bryce and BMW Silverspring as a whole! Great people to work with and very trustworthy!

The M3 I picked up on a lease takeover in New Jersey.

I have actually never bought a car from Don Jacobs. Don't have any complaints, and if they had a car I liked I would certainly try to work a deal with them. We have had all of our BMW's serviced there while under warranty and have had great service from everyone in the service department!
Appreciate 0