EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

04-22-2015, 08:17 AM   #1
4er_Meister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 ///M4

Bmw Service

Is it me or does anyone else HATE the fact that BMW service has valets that take your car into the bay... I'd rather have them direct me to where the car has to go.. I hate someone driving my car without me there and on top of it they are careless with it... I always take pictures of my mileage and the the whole car before they take it. I take such OCD care of my interior and exterior so I notice every little thing. I have this break-in service for my new ///M4 tomorrow and I'm a little nervous about leaving it. Plus this dealer I went to hit my E92 ///M3 that was in PERFECT CONDITION 10 hours after I traded it in ... what do you guys do when you go for service? Does anyone else feel this way or am I a crazy person?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 08:26 AM   #2
BMWJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

I don't care if the dealer drives my car into the garage. I also don't care if the take it for a test drive to see if they fixed an issue properly.

In fact I'd rather they test drive it than give it back to me without properly fixing it.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 08:35 AM   #3
Hass516
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4er_Meister View Post
Is it me or does anyone else HATE the fact that BMW service has valets that take your car into the bay... I'd rather have them direct me to where the car has to go.. I hate someone driving my car without me there and on top of it they are careless with it... I always take pictures of my mileage and the the whole car before they take it. I take such OCD care of my interior and exterior so I notice every little thing. I have this break-in service for my new ///M4 tomorrow and I'm a little nervous about leaving it. Plus this dealer I went to hit my E92 ///M3 that was in PERFECT CONDITION 10 hours after I traded it in ... what do you guys do when you go for service? Does anyone else feel this way or am I a crazy person?
I feel the SAME way. My E46 M3 I did all the maintenance just because of this feeling lol. I know my F80 will have warranty and service blah blah blah but I'm still like hmmmm maybe I should just maintain it myself. I feel like no one treats your car like it's their own.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Seek professional help.
Appreciate 2
      04-22-2015, 10:41 AM   #5
4er_Meister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted
Seek professional help.
Lmfaooooooo I've been told
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 10:42 AM   #6
4er_Meister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass516
Quote:
I feel the SAME way. My E46 M3 I did all the maintenance just because of this feeling lol. I know my F80 will have warranty and service blah blah blah but I'm still like hmmmm maybe I should just maintain it myself. I feel like no one treats your car like it's their own.
I agree dude, I an weary especially after the E92 incident.. Dude the car was IMMACULATE for two years and in 10 hours they cracked the pass mirror housing and someone hit the front drivers side of the bumper and left a nice fat white scuff mark...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 11:36 AM   #7
N55
ⒸⒺⓇⓉⓘⒻⒾⒺⒹ✬ⓃⒾⓃⒿⒶ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 🚀

Garage List
My friend works at my dealer as a tech. Only he works on my car. Lucky me!

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 11:37 AM   #8
Arcoril
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S, AP2 S2000

Quote:
Nah, I'm with you. I've seen countless stories of service techs that scrape bumpers, curb wheels, go on joyrides before the car's totally warmed up, and even bring cars home at night and go on road trips over the weekend. Even if you're paranoid it doesn't mean you're wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 11:48 AM   #9
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Does anyone else feel this way or am I a crazy person?
It's a car...relax Doesn't matter if it's a Passat, Civic, or M-something, it's of value to the owner, but keep things in perspective.

You'd go out of your mind if you had a Ferrari
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 12:05 PM   #10
bob996tt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Quote:
you a crazy person
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #11
4er_Meister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob996tt
Quote:
you a crazy person
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 12:19 PM   #12
4er_Meister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver
Quote:
Does anyone else feel this way or am I a crazy person?
It's a car...relax Doesn't matter if it's a Passat, Civic, or M-something, it's of value to the owner, but keep things in perspective.

Yeah but my whole thing is I pay for it they don't lol so don't mess with my stuff! Lol i guess we all view it differently... If I was a service technician, I would be careful with everyones car!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 12:20 PM   #13
4er_Meister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcoril
Quote:
Nah, I'm with you. I've seen countless stories of service techs that scrape bumpers, curb wheels, go on joyrides before the car's totally warmed up, and even bring cars home at night and go on road trips over the weekend. Even if you're paranoid it doesn't mean you're wrong.
Ugh tomorrow... So nervous!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 12:34 PM   #14
Woodengun
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yugo

Dashcam
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2015, 03:30 PM   #15
rustyrotors
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Let me tell you about my recent service visit. I have dash cams mounted front and rear. Cought two techs doing an 80 mph sprint on a 40 mph busy road. Not cool. I had a nice chat with the service manager. Hopefully he will prevent this from happening again...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #16
Hawaii i8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i8 coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post

I have one of my Ferrari's go in for a service and come back with belt buckle dings all down the fender - Hows that for service!!! Never had an issue with any other dealer.
      04-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #17
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Yeah but my whole thing is I pay for it they don't lol so don't mess with my stuff! Lol i guess we all view it differently... If I was a service technician, I would be careful with everyones car!
Not everyone has your degree of ethic.

Look at it from this perspective...even if you drive it into the bay and onto the lift, what then? You can't put a bubble around your car and even the most careful technician may have an accident and scratch it.

Best to do a walk around with your SA when you drop it off, and another when you pick it up.

That keeps everyone honest and if there's a problem, they'll be responsible for fixing it.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 05:27 PM   #18
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Yeah, same service writer same tech, only those two enter and exit the car to and from. No wash, she always comes in clean anyway. They know me well, my training has paid off nicley and I always sleep well the night before.
      04-22-2015, 10:19 PM   #19
4er_Meister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyrotors
Let me tell you about my recent service visit. I have dash cams mounted front and rear. Cought two techs doing an 80 mph sprint on a 40 mph busy road. Not cool. I had a nice chat with the service manager. Hopefully he will prevent this from happening again...
Wow bro get the hell out of here!?!?!!! Where are you from? I'm going to Freehold Nj Service
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #20
rustyrotors
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Wow bro get the hell out of here!?!?!!! Where are you from? I'm going to Freehold Nj Service
I'm just outside of Phila. Rather not incriminate the dealer so PM me if you like.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 09:02 AM   #21
racsos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodengun View Post
Dashcam
+1

Took my car in and with the dash cam watched everything they did to my car It was pretty cool actually.
Appreciate 0