THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Side Skirts Discontinued

04-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
Ricfutures
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Side Skirts Discontinued

Just got an email this morning stating that my back order for the side skirts has been cancelled as the part has been discontinued. Good news is I plan on selling the car and totally forgot about this order. Sad though cause I think this is a great add on for this chassis.
EB M235i (Sold)
E92 M3 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 10:27 AM   #2
gtfalve
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricfutures View Post
Just got an email this morning stating that my back order for the side skirts has been cancelled as the part has been discontinued. Good news is I plan on selling the car and totally forgot about this order. Sad though cause I think this is a great add on for this chassis.
Are you talking about the black stickers or the actual side skirt? I have yet to see another car with the actual sides kirts and I think they look great in conjunction with the front lip
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 02:30 PM   #3
abirmaher
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 & 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfalve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricfutures View Post
Are you talking about the black stickers or the actual side skirt? I have yet to see another car with the actual sides kirts and I think they look great in conjunction with the front lip
Skirts. The stickers were never unavailable from what I recall.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 06:17 PM   #4
gtfalve
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirmaher View Post
Skirts. The stickers were never unavailable from what I recall.
Gotcha. The skirts were a pita to install since they didn't come with screws and they came primered when they were supposed to be satin black. Probably has something to do with them being discontinued
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

I am still holding out......I want them to ti the front and back in
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 05:15 AM   #6
worktolivelife
Private
Rep
Drives: Mine

I think they look great especially colour coded to highlight them. I initially left them black, well the Dealer hadn't bothered to colour code any of the aero kit, and whilst the front and rear spoiler/difuser are solid black material the side splitters are literally supplied primed with black paint thinly! it's white underneath you can see it at the edges showing through and I tried to polish a scuff mark out and with the merest effort had struck through the primer coating. Upside as I mentioned its looks a lot better colour coded with or without decals. Protects the decals from peeling underneath and I think makes the car look lower than without them especially if decals are applied
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 08:20 AM   #7
worktolivelife
Private
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
I am still holding out......I want them to ti the front and back in
Was in dealers today thought of you, asked if they were still available and would they ship to USA ,( spoke at senior level) answered yes to both if your interested happy to help out
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #8
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolivelife View Post
Was in dealers today thought of you, asked if they were still available and would they ship to USA ,( spoke at senior level) answered yes to both if your interested happy to help out
Sweet...I was just informed today that there is a short supply on their way to the states and I am going to be one of the receivers
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #9
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

Just an update, the sills arrived at Sun and Brian shipped out my set today. He has 3-4 sets left for those that are interested. Just tell him Eric from the forum sent you...... I will post pictures when they are on the car. It has been a long pain in the ass wait and I am sure they were not worth it but I now have them

Last edited by horsepower_and_hounds; 06-20-2015 at 08:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 09:55 PM   #10
MrBucket
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 6MT Exec Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Just an update, the sills arrived at Sun and Brian shipped out my set today. He has 3-4 sets left for those that are interested. Just tell him Eric from the forum sent you...... I will post pictures when they arrive before I install them. It has been a long pain in the ass wait and I am sure they were not worth it but I now have them
How much?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #11
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

Price....give Brian @ Sun Motorcars a call

Here are a couple of quick pics of them on...car is quite dirty. They are not painted since my splitter and rear diffuser are matte black. 7 month wait...not sure they were worth it
Attached Images

Appreciate 1