F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Advice needed on dealer's behaviour
ARMA SPEED

04-10-2015, 08:08 AM   #1
BimmerD
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d xdrive MSport+ Auto

Advice needed on dealer's behaviour

Hi all,

So this one is a long story, I shall try and keep it as short as possible.

I picked my brand new 320d on 21st of March and part exchanged my Skoda Octavia which had a settlement and a private number plate on. The dealer asked for 1000 deposit for me to put the number plate on retentation and would release it once I hand in the V5C (made sence and gave him my credit card details).

He took the part exchange quote and agreed to settle ASAP, 10 days afted I found out that the settlement hasn't been done even though I handed in the new V5C. After a lot of chasing he released the 1000 security however the settlement quote had expired by then. Dealer requested for a new quote which was less then the previous quote (as I had made another payment) and finally settled the finance on my part exchange.

My 320d order was based on the quotation generated on 15th March however the amount they settled was 300 less then the previous quote. I was shocked to hear when the dealer told me that there is nothing they can do about it as the deal has been closed and cant authorise the refund on top of that he was so rude. In the end he asked me to wait till Monday so that he could talk to the admin team and come back.

I still haven't submitted the customer satisfaction survey for them, not sure if that makes any difference. This is the basic calculation which he can't do.

Please can you help me with an appropriate course of action. I am really annoyed with that dealer at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 08:14 AM   #2
TheLiverBird
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435D M-Sport EBII

Similar nearly happened to me. Dealer was dragging his feet about paying my Audi settlement and although promised payment through CHAPS they sent a cheque that arrived on the final day the settlement was due. I'd already paid the next months payment but thanks to Audi Finance being very fair, they agreed to accept the cheque as payment, wait 7 days for it to clear, and then they refunded the extra payment I'd made.

As soon as you'd got your new car, and they had you old one they should have made the payment then - I too had a PP on my car and it shouldn't make any difference - I'd explain the situation, work out how much it's cost you and politely request it as a refund. If they don't seem willing, I'd definitely be contacting BMW UK.

Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 08:14 AM   #3
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Well it's friday, so it's worth waiting until the Monday.

However, over the weekend clearly write everything out, including dates.

Working out how much you believe this has cost you.

Then depending on what dealer comes back with.

Contact dealership group management and explain exact situation.

Again, see what they say.

Then it's a case of escalating it all.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #4
ammo23
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 (GO8) M Sport Pro incoming

No exactly the same but my previous finance was settled on the day the settlement figure expired, the overlap in systems didn't correlate and Audi took another months payment even though I didn't own the car anymore!

To cut to the chase, BMW told me to contact Audi finance and they should reimburse me - which I did and I in fact got two months of payment back!! The extra was interest back or something

Have you spoke to the previous finance company for their take on it?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 09:08 AM   #5
BimmerD
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes I did call Skoda finance and they told me "BMW have paid them according to the new settlement quote, which was the old quote less one month payment and interest". Technically, BMW was supposed to pay 17,000 approx to settle the finance (old quote) however paid 16,700 approx (new quote). On the other hand my order was based on the deposit as per old settlement value. If they had paid the actual amount (before 31st march) then Skoda would have refunded 300. However, it took them 14 days to do CHAPS transfer which is why the numbers look different to them.

It totally messed up my new Apple Watch pre order excitement.. ;-)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 09:12 AM   #6
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

As Brigand has said, wait until Monday. If no joy, escalate further up the chain in writing, stating that the additional expense is due to their tardiness, and is not acceptable. If still no joy, send them an invoice, and threaten Small Claims Court. Still no joy, nail them in a courtroom.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 09:14 AM   #7
BimmerD
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers, I hope it gets sorted on Monday. Its such a small calculation however they dont seem to get it.

I will keep you posted on this.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 10:06 AM   #8
ammo23
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 (GO8) M Sport Pro incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabhdutt
Cheers, I hope it gets sorted on Monday. Its such a small calculation however they dont seem to get it.

I will keep you posted on this.
Definitely a BMW reimbursement going by what you've said! Good luck on Monday
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 10:27 AM   #9
BimmerD
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers Ammo23
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #10
sweels
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

And let's be honest, it's not as though any trade in values (Unless masking discounts on the new car) are exactly generous, so, given the reason we accept trade price for cars is tho 'minimise inconvenience' the least they could do is actually 'minimise inconvenience'!
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2015, 05:24 AM   #11
DB118D
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118d Sport

Bear in mind the dealer won't settle your existing agreement until they've been paid out for your new agreement.

In this case, your bmw dealer owes you 300 and is flanneling you about being unable to authorise it. Speak to the sales manager and then the DP if your salesman won't play ball.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 07:27 AM   #12
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Sounds like you definitely owed 300 quid. Least they can do is knock it off the value of your new car. Hopefully they will sort it out Monday.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 07:44 AM   #13
Matt01
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d Lux

Quote:
Yes I did call Skoda finance and they told me "BMW have paid them according to the new settlement quote, which was the old quote less one month payment and interest". Technically, BMW was supposed to pay 17,000 approx to settle the finance (old quote) however paid 16,700 approx (new quote). On the other hand my order was based on the deposit as per old settlement value. If they had paid the actual amount (before 31st march) then Skoda would have refunded 300. However, it took them 14 days to do CHAPS transfer which is why the numbers look different to them.

It totally messed up my new Apple Watch pre order excitement.. ;-)
OT: what ⌚️ (Apple watch) did you go for... Trying to justify one in my mind at the moment...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 05:22 PM   #14
BimmerD
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
OT: what ⌚️ (Apple watch) did you go for... Trying to justify one in my mind at the moment...
I am an Apple fan however couldn't justify anything more than the 42mm black Sport for 339.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #15
BimmerD
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal27 View Post
Sounds like you definitely owed 300 quid. Least they can do is knock it off the value of your new car. Hopefully they will sort it out Monday.
I hope so. Will wait for their call tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 12:56 AM   #16
Matt01
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d Lux

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
I am an Apple fan however couldn't justify anything more than the 42mm black Sport for 339.
Hopefully the stealer sees sense and everything goes ok... Good luck
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 03:55 AM   #17
BimmerD
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Morning guys,

Sales manager from the dealership just phoned and confirmed that I was correct and they will transfer the money in my account in few days.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 04:45 AM   #18
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

I should think so too! Nice one.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 04:54 AM   #19
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabhdutt View Post
Morning guys,

Sales manager from the dealership just phoned and confirmed that I was correct and they will transfer the money in my account in few days.
This is exactly what you should of been told by the Salesman last week instead of leaving you all weekend waiting for an answer.

When you complete your customer satisfaction questionnaire, make sure you detail what happened otherwise nothing will change!

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2015, 08:42 AM   #20
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbeemerboy View Post
This is exactly what you should of been told by the Salesman last week instead of leaving you all weekend waiting for an answer.

When you complete your customer satisfaction questionnaire, make sure you detail what happened otherwise nothing will change!
+1

Make sure it's a detailed response and explain the anguish it caused you...

Good result though, sounds like he made a 'I believe this is the answer', then checked with his management and was corrected.

I hate people making statements without fully understanding if they have the facts or not.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2015, 10:25 AM   #21
BimmerD
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
+1

Make sure it's a detailed response and explain the anguish it caused you...

Good result though, sounds like he made a 'I believe this is the answer', then checked with his management and was corrected.

I hate people making statements without fully understanding if they have the facts or not.

Exactly, surprisingly his tone was quite polite today. I will make sure that I document every thing in th C Sat
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 06:16 PM   #22
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabhdutt View Post
Morning guys,

Excellent. Glad it's sorted. These things can spoil the experience.

Try and put it behind you and enjoy the car !!!!
Appreciate 0