F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Enhanced Bluetooth and 2 phones?
proTUNING Freaks

04-01-2015, 01:31 PM   #1
KevinLevin
General Motors
Rep
Drives: 430d M Sport + EBII

Enhanced Bluetooth and 2 phones?

I'm confused... I coded enhanced Bluetooth yesterday as I have two phones (work and personal) and loved the idea of having both phones connected at once.

So, I see both of them as phone #1 in the iDrive and expected that when either one rang it would divert through the car speakers and microphone.

This didn't happen earlier. My personal phone rang and I had to answer it then manually change it to the one connected to the car.

Can anyone please explain if my understanding of how it works is correct or incorrect? I did RTFM however IMO the FM is shite!

Previous - S5 Cabriolet - 442hp
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 01:37 PM   #2
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340d

Garage List
Yes I was also under the impression of having two phones can be connected. May I ask you which is the production month and year of your car as ours being feb2015 we are unable to code
      04-01-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
EvilDrPorkChop
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman

Enhanced Bluetooth will give you the ability to have two phones connected. One will be a primary phone, and the other the secondary phone. In the in iDrive it will show a phone with a little number next to it. It will then merge the phonebooks on the iDrive.

Enhanced Bluetooth will actually allow you to pair three devices, two phones, and one for media streaming.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 02:49 PM   #4
KevinLevin
General Motors
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnanv
Yes I was also under the impression of having two phones can be connected. May I ask you which is the production month and year of your car as ours being feb2015 we are unable to code
It's a March 2015 build. Only picked it up 5 days ago

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 02:50 PM   #5
KevinLevin
General Motors
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEvilPorkchop
Enhanced Bluetooth will give you the ability to have two phones connected. One will be a primary phone, and the other the secondary phone. In the in iDrive it will show a phone with a little number next to it. It will then merge the phonebooks on the iDrive.

Enhanced Bluetooth will actually allow you to pair three devices, two phones, and one for media streaming.
Thanks, but what does that mean? I could pair two previously. Nothing seems to have improved.

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 04:26 PM   #6
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Highlight your secondary phone in the list of paired BT devices, then click to right, then select configure this device/phone, then check the box next to "additional telephone"

Now you should get calls from either phone on the cars BT
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #7
KevinLevin
General Motors
Rep

Thanks for the reply Teaston, I can't see that option?

(Picture 1) Telephone connections screen

(Picture 2) Robs iPhone options

(Picture 3) Robs work iPhone options
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 11:51 PM   #8
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLevin View Post
Thank you Kevin mine is a feb2015 build but is complaining about cafd xxxx 025 file in both pax data 54.1 and 55.1 lite
      04-02-2015, 01:32 AM   #9
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

If you want them connected at same time set your work phone as telephone 2, and make sure telephone 1 and audio is only ticked for your iPhone....
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2015, 02:13 AM   #10
KevinLevin
General Motors
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you Kevin mine is a feb2015 build but is complaining about cafd xxxx 025 file in both pax data 54.1 and 55.1 lite
I tried 54.1 first and had an error. Then tried 55.1 and it let me to code the EBT. I didn't try anything else.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 02:14 AM   #11
KevinLevin
General Motors
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa
If you want them connected at same time set your work phone as telephone 2, and make sure telephone 1 and audio is only ticked for your iPhone....
Thanks, I'm going outside to do that.

It seems so obvious now.....!

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 02:59 AM   #12
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLevin

It is slightly different in your pro nav than my bus nav. Skyjawa has sorted it for you hopefully?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 03:21 AM   #13
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I tried 54.1 first and had an error. Then tried 55.1 and it let me to code the EBT. I didn't try anything else.
Yes i tried with 55.1 as well and gave the error. Didnt want to brick the car hence logged out. May i ask you the following are the steps you followed in a nutshell

1. Read VO, Change the VO by adding 6NS and calculate FP and saving the VO file to your local hard drive..
2. Clicking on the coding tab, it will give the pop up asking whether i need to get this saved file for loading.( Clicked yes for the same)
3. Now in the next screen activated the FA top screen without errors.
4. Read ECU done to get the options loaded in the bottom window where in as a tree node HU_NBT was listed.
6. Right clicked on HU_NBT and said code.

Coding started and finished with an error saying cafd*******025 cannot be modified

Appreciate if you or Teaston could correct me where am going wrong.
      04-02-2015, 03:34 AM   #14
KevinLevin
General Motors
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLevin

It is slightly different in your pro nav than my bus nav. Skyjawa has sorted it for you hopefully?
Yep. All good thanks.

It's only a small detail however will make a big difference. No more driving around with one phone connected to the car and the other with headphones/microphone plugged in it!

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 03:40 AM   #15
KevinLevin
General Motors
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes i tried with 55.1 as well and gave the error. Didnt want to brick the car hence logged out. May i ask you the following are the steps you followed in a nutshell

1. Read VO, Change the VO by adding 6NS and calculate FP and saving the VO file to your local hard drive..
2. Clicking on the coding tab, it will give the pop up asking whether i need to get this saved file for loading.( Clicked yes for the same)
3. Now in the next screen activated the FA top screen without errors.
4. Read ECU done to get the options loaded in the bottom window where in as a tree node HU_NBT was listed.
6. Right clicked on HU_NBT and said code.

Coding started and finished with an error saying cafd*******025 cannot be modified

Appreciate if you or Teaston could correct me where am going wrong.
Did you completely delete the old PSdZData from c:data? Then paste the 55.1 in there?

That was the error I was getting when I tried the earlier PSdZData.

These are the exact instructions I followed http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...96&postcount=7

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 04:04 AM   #16
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Did you completely delete the old PSdZData from c:data? Then paste the 55.1 in there?

That was the error I was getting when I tried the earlier PSdZData.

These are the exact instructions I followed http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...96&postcount=7
Yes i have had the set up of 54.1 in my laptop. So when it didnt work Shawn sent the 55.1 link where i downloaded the same. I deleted the whole content of pszdata and copied the extracted 55.1 into the folder. restarted teh laptop and esys.
      04-02-2015, 05:06 AM   #17
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Yep. All good thanks.

It's only a small detail however will make a big difference. No more driving around with one phone connected to the car and the other with headphones/microphone plugged in it!
Appreciate 0