F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > OT; trip to hand wash station, I had to to it - I feel dirty
Studio RSR

03-30-2015, 09:43 AM   #1
335i nthehouse
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

OT; trip to hand wash station, I had to to it - I feel dirty

Just moved house and it needs a lot of work. Too many jobs for time I have free just to get home habitable.

No outside tap.

Driveway is a building site.

Two HUGE fuc£ off bird craps on my car and spray back from same on neighbouring car at work. This on top if 4 weeks dirt.

No choice, trip to the economy hand wash station.

Thought I'd watch them closely but there hundreds of the f"clears with spray bottles chamois leathers the works, it was torture

I was impressed with the prewash and care taken to lift wipers recognising this can damage bonnet, after that it was a blur. It was like being beaten senseless by 20 Bruce Lee's.

Car looks clean though, can't wait to get chance to AG SRP and a bit of dodo SNH though, haven't looked closely for scratches yet though
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #2
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Your car will be crying on the inside.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

Say three "Hail Mary's" and you'll be fine
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

Go to the petrol station tonight and see the swirls.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 12:10 PM   #5
TheLiverBird
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435D M-Sport EBII

Had to do similar to mine last Thursday night (looked like a right tit as it was 8:30 at night), but using a lance and brush at BP station. Whilst I was in parents evening some f****** decided to decorate my car (and the heads) with chocolate cake. No doubt ex pupils thinking it was funny (which I suppose to some degree it was (and it could have been much worse)) especially as one of our current Y3s (aged 8) gouged F*** into a neighbours car door at home over the last weekend when they asked him to stop playing football against their back wall - his dad is paying out £500 to fix it and has sold his Playstation and Skylanders figures to fund it.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 12:14 PM   #6
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLiverBird View Post
Had to do similar to mine last Thursday night (looked like a right tit as it was 8:30 at night), but using a lance and brush at BP station. Whilst I was in parents evening some f****** decided to decorate my car (and the heads) with chocolate cake. No doubt ex pupils thinking it was funny (which I suppose to some degree it was (and it could have been much worse)) especially as one of our current Y3s (aged 8) gouged F*** into a neighbours car door at home over the last weekend when they asked him to stop playing football against their back wall - his dad is paying out £500 to fix it and has sold his Playstation and Skylanders figures to fund it.

Ouch what a twat, this is why the stocks need brought back.

Yeah you were lucky it was just cake.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #7
TheLiverBird
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Ouch what a twat, this is why the stocks need brought back.

Yeah you were lucky it was just cake.
We seem to agree on a lot tonight Brigand. Kids nowadays, and it doesn't matter if it's to their parents, teachers, members of the public, or even the police, just laugh in your face because we can't do jack to stop them doing exactly what they want to.

For an ever growing proportion there is no deterrent at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 12:57 PM   #8
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
We seem to agree on a lot tonight Brigand. Kids nowadays, and it doesn't matter if it's to their parents, teachers, members of the public, or even the police, just laugh in your face because we can't do jack to stop them doing exactly what they want to.

For an ever growing proportion there is no deterrent at all.

Nope, there is no real solution now that we have been fully taken over by 'The Do Gooder'

Last year on a train, 4 make teens were causing but of hassle, my and this other bloke thought about interfering and telling them to shut it etc.

However, having seen someone stabbed over something similar, we had a reality check and told the guard / ticket collector dude.

Once upon a time, a couple of older blokes telling you to shut up would be enough....
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 02:24 PM   #9
Andy30D
Captain
British Antarctic Territory
Rep
Drives: 330D M sport fully loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Andy View Post
Go to the petrol station tonight and see the swirls.
+1

You'll need to polish and wax the crap out of it.

Bird poo is easy....

Soak a microfibre in detail spray (or general car cleaner, or even water) and spray the sh*t out of the poo in it too. Then place the cloth on top of the poo, folded, and soak again. Leave for 3-5 mins, then slowly, with little pressure, fold the cloth in and up, lifting the poo off.

It does the least damage as possible, minimises swirls, and means you dont have to clean the entire car.

20 Bruce Lee's must have hurt!
2004 Honda CBR 600-RR.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 02:27 PM   #10
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Quote:
At least his dad is paying for it !!!!!!!fair play to him for that. Let's hope his son was illegitimate !!!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 03:06 PM   #11
PurpleTT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d F30 MSport

34,000 miles in and i'm a regular at the automatic car wash, Tesco's and in the summer if I'm not busy I'll do a proper thorough snow foam etc.

And you know what, I'm famous at the office for always having a spotless car. People see it and comment it's never ever dirty even and they know I do zillions more miles than them.

Frankly the whole swirl marks / detailing thing is lost on me, the car's a DD FFS! Chill 335i, it's no biggie
      03-30-2015, 03:14 PM   #12
TheLiverBird
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal27 View Post
At least his dad is paying for it !!!!!!!fair play to him for that. Let's hope his son was illegitimate !!!
Don't know about illegitimate but speaking to his teacher, he's definitely illiterate!
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2015, 03:16 PM   #13
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Quote:
Don't know about illegitimate but speaking to his teacher, he's definitely illiterate!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 03:19 PM   #14
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i nthehouse
Just moved house and it needs a lot of work. Too many jobs for time I have free just to get home habitable.

No outside tap.

Two HUGE fuc£ off bird craps on my car and spray back from same on neighbouring car at work. This on top if 4 weeks dirt.

Thought I'd watch them closely but there hundreds of the f"clears with spray bottles chamois leathers the works, it was torture

I was impressed with the prewash and care taken to lift wipers recognising this can damage bonnet, after that it was a blur. It was like being beaten senseless by 20 Bruce Lee's.

Car looks clean though, can't wait to get chance to AG SRP and a bit of dodo SNH though, haven't looked closely for scratches yet though
Why don't you buy a bucket and some stuff and then take it down and use the jet wash at Shell/Tescos etc...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 03:34 PM   #15
Andy30D
Captain
British Antarctic Territory
Rep
Drives: 330D M sport fully loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTT View Post
34,000 miles in and i'm a regular at the automatic car wash, Tesco's and in the summer if I'm not busy I'll do a proper thorough snow foam etc.

And you know what, I'm famous at the office for always having a spotless car. People see it and comment it's never ever dirty even and they know I do zillions more miles than them.

Frankly the whole swirl marks / detailing thing is lost on me, the car's a DD FFS! Chill 335i, it's no biggie
TESCO???

Where are you, i need to come and save your car. Seriously
2004 Honda CBR 600-RR.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 04:04 PM   #16
PurpleTT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d F30 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy30D View Post
TESCO???

Where are you, i need to come and save your car. Seriously
Gatwick Tesco, 10 mins from home. Can get a full English in there whilst it's being done. Job's a good 'un
      03-30-2015, 04:04 PM   #17
335i nthehouse
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i nthehouse

No outside tap.

Why don't you buy a bucket and some stuff and then take it down and use the jet wash at Shell/Tescos etc...
I could do it with buckets from home I guess but I've never been so busy - and I built my last house a few years back

In a few weeks it will settle down a bit once house been made toddler safe and basics all set up

Off topic but today, my youngest was found chewing an old toothbrush we have been using to clear furry mould off old windows and doors and fridge lining etc. wife was over the moon!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 04:13 PM   #18
matt@stratford
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i nthehouse View Post
I could do it with buckets from home I guess but I've never been so busy - and I built my last house a few years back

In a few weeks it will settle down a bit once house been made toddler safe and basics all set up

Off topic but today, my youngest was found chewing an old toothbrush we have been using to clear furry mould off old windows and doors and fridge lining etc. wife was over the moon!!!
that made me smile. That's something mine would have done when they were young. They wouldn't do it now - they don't touch anything green
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 12:48 PM   #19
Pablo68
Left the building
Wales
Rep
Drives: Not a diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTT View Post

+1

Where I live I'd have to clean it twice a day to keep it even vaguely clean so mostly I just think fawk it and if it looks like my shogun after a good bit of green laning it goes through the car wash otherwise it gets cleaned when it rains.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 02:30 PM   #20
TheLiverBird
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I find cleaning the car very therapeutic (until I find yet another chip or scratch!) and its a good time to really appreciate the lines, design and shape of it. Usually set aside 3-4 hours every couple of weeks (3hrs on mine and an hour or so on the missus' Juke) and a full day to really clean, decontaminate, polish and seal (mine) every 6 months or so. A real change from 20 years ago when my dad would make me wash his company Cavalier (and its ridiculous 40+ spoke wheels) for a bit of pocket money and I hated every minute of it. He mustn't have cared much for his car as there's no way I'd let some 12 year old wash my car - let alone pay him to do it.

Last edited by TheLiverBird; 03-31-2015 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 02:41 PM   #21
Mattyk
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Lol, wouldn't even use a sponge, let alone a 12 year old who will drop it in the gravel then carry on!

Gone
F36 435d
F30 335d
Appreciate 0