F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Looking to order - Car now picked up!!!
ARMA SPEED

03-29-2015, 08:01 AM   #1
shivk
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 F30 330d M Sport +

Looking to order - Car now picked up!!!

Hi all!

I'm a long time lurker on the forums - been a good 18 months. Really enjoy all the informative posts on here alongside all the humour. I'm finally now in a position where I can justify getting a new car!

I'm looking at ordering the following: (note would have loved a 328i/330d but insurance as a 23 year old is crazy)

320d M Sport
Black Sapphire
M Sport Plus Pack
Pro Nav
Sunroof

The car is a stock model and has a list of 」37,854 - I've been quoted around 21% off... so on a 3 year finance deal with 8k p.a. the figures are (5.9% apr):

Deposit (my px): 」3,250
35 x 」420.88
GFV: 」16,235

I'm well aware the LCI is around the corner, but does't seem theres going to be any large changes - you think due to this I should expect more discount?

All opinions appreciated!

Thanks

EDIT: Just corrected the list price above, its 」37,854 not 」38,854 as originally posted.

Last edited by shivk; 04-19-2015 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: Error
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
Andy30D
Captain
British Antarctic Territory
Rep
Drives: 330D M sport fully loaded

21% is a decent finance amount mate, and over 35 months think that's a good deal. Have a look on coast2coast and compare the 'cash value' of the car you want to order and their price. If it matches, then push for things like a free service pack if you say yes today, for example, stay away from paint protect and gap is so expensive I wouldn't bother with it at Bmw.

If it's higher than coast2coast the minimum they can do is match it.

If you really want to be picky, you could push the apri down to 4.9 but hardly worth it.

Andy
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 09:03 AM   #3
Devilot
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Msport

Is it just my math, or the numbers do not add to 21% off the quoted list price??
It adds to more like 16-17% discount
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:10 AM   #4
nordberg
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

It does sound a lot for a 320d....
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:10 AM   #5
shivk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy30D View Post
21% is a decent finance amount mate, and over 35 months think that's a good deal. Have a look on coast2coast and compare the 'cash value' of the car you want to order and their price. If it matches, then push for things like a free service pack if you say yes today, for example, stay away from paint protect and gap is so expensive I wouldn't bother with it at Bmw.

If it's higher than coast2coast the minimum they can do is match it.

If you really want to be picky, you could push the apri down to 4.9 but hardly worth it.

Andy
Hi Andy thanks for the input - what do you mean by the cash value? Is there a different way of working out discount on financed cars and cash purchases?

The list price is 」37,854.99 and I've been offered 」7,700 off this which is around 20.3% - not sure if there's any finance initiatives which apply either? The dealer has provided me with the payments above based on my px valuation of 」3,250 being the deposit.

Dealer also wont budge anymore and it's an outright no to the service pack
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:12 AM   #6
shivk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilot View Post
Is it just my math, or the numbers do not add to 21% off the quoted list price??
It adds to more like 16-17% discount
Hi! Thanks for the reply - may I ask how you're calculating that? I was simply taking the list price and the discount offered - not sure how the monthly payments play into this.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:14 AM   #7
nordberg
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

The cash value is the price after discount and before interest...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #8
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

The numbers don't seem to match a 320d.

As mentioned try coast to coast 2 Coast, RiazC .

Also put in the Viz Pack as you are going for MSport Plus.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:22 AM   #9
shivk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordberg View Post
The cash value is the price after discount and before interest...
Thanks Nordberg...

As per C2C spec'd identically to the one I've been quoted on the price is:

ON THE ROAD PRICE 」30,482.36

So dealers quote is 」300 better off - but at the same time I didn't have a preferene for the sunroof but it happens to be on the vehicle which is available in stock. I'd factory order but I'm not the patient type and my minimum requirements are just sports auto, plus pack and pro nav so figured there would be plenty of cars sitting around with that kind of spec.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:38 AM   #10
shivk
Private
Rep

Another question (thanks for all the help so far!) - just looking at the finance options on the BMW Site and on the select finance example for the 3 series it shows the following deposit contributions:

Centre deposit contribution 」1,793.74
BMW UK deposit contribution 」2,750.00

Are these to be applied after the discount stated by the dealer or are they bundled within - if they're on top then I'm definitely paying too much as for a 318d M Sport with an OTR of 」30,675 and GFV of 」13,072 the payments are only 」368.86 p/m?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:46 AM   #11
335dMSport+
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d MSport+

The discount you mention seems a great one for the 320d and having driven one for the last two and a bit years, I can assure you that once you stick it in Sport mode and learn to use the kickdown with the paddles, you'll be smiling from ear to ear. It's a cracking car and more power than you'll ever need on UK roads mate.

I'm only getting the 335d because I'm getting older and the insurance isn't bad anymore. That and I get a car allowance
      03-29-2015, 10:47 AM   #12
335dMSport+
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d MSport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivk View Post
Another question (thanks for all the help so far!) - just looking at the finance options on the BMW Site and on the select finance example for the 3 series it shows the following deposit contributions:

Centre deposit contribution 」1,793.74
BMW UK deposit contribution 」2,750.00

Are these to be applied after the discount stated by the dealer or are they bundled within - if they're on top then I'm definitely paying too much as for a 318d M Sport with an OTR of 」30,675 and GFV of 」13,072 the payments are only 」368.86 p/m?
That'll be included in the final price they've offered you.

Nice wishful thinking though!

Edit: select finance is worked out differently I believe (not looked in to it) but the price quoted for the 318 will be for the base model without the additions you've got.
      03-29-2015, 11:39 AM   #13
mgarvey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Renault Megane

That GFV looks high at nearly 43% of list; you might find yourself in negative equity when you come to change (as I am on my 318d), particularly with an LCI round the corner.

Previous: F30 318d Sport, R56 MINI Dooper 2010, E93 325i M-Sport auto 2007, E91 320d SE 2005, E46 318Ci Coupe 2002
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #14
nordberg
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

How can you have negative equity with a GFV?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 12:01 PM   #15
shivk
Private
Rep

To be honest I was thinking the GFV was quite realistic if not a bit on the low side. I have no idea yet as to whether I would buy out the car or just hand it back (obviously if the market value was below GFV I'd just hand the keys back). The reason I say its low is because I've looked at 2013 M Sports (now I know most of these are only around 18-19 months old) but sports auto with m sport + and pro nav most of them are listed at around the 23-24k mark?

I think the 」16k GFV definitely takes into account the LCI coming out, I really can't imagine a 3 year old car with the above spec and less than 24k miles in hopefully mint condition for less than 」16k! I may be wrong though...

Thanks for the feedback guys...keep it coming in. Aiming to make a decision tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 12:17 PM   #16
Andy30D
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hi Andy thanks for the input - what do you mean by the cash value? Is there a different way of working out discount on financed cars and cash purchases?

The list price is 」37,854.99 and I've been offered 」7,700 off this which is around 20.3% - not sure if there's any finance initiatives which apply either? The dealer has provided me with the payments above based on my px valuation of 」3,250 being the deposit.

Dealer also wont budge anymore and it's an outright no to the service pack
i think its a good deal personally. If its the car you want and the spec you want and a price youre willing to pay, go for it.

Personally, when doing PCP, go for options that increase the GFV, so a sunroof wont, but vis pack and m sport plus will.

If you want the car ASAP and its in stock you have to compare it to other dealers and their stock, if you don't mind ordering a car and waiting a bit longer, then you open up a load more options!

Take a look here, 320D x drive (i know its X drive but its the example they have on the website). 」388 deposit, 」388 a month. The total deposit it made up of dealer contribution (discount) and BMW UK discount (what they get from BMW). Worth a call i think.

http://www.petervardybmw.co.uk/cars/...on/7397269-48/

Push the service pack, they will buckle if they want your deal. If they want to protect their credibility (as they will see it) and stay at no, then they dont need the business as much and it might not be the best price.

oh and on the insurance, is it that much of a jump? my monthlies when i got mine were 」17 more for the 330D from the 320D. My insurance was about 」600 ish.

Andy
2004 Honda CBR 600-RR.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 12:33 PM   #17
shivk
Private
Rep

Quote:
i think its a good deal personally. If its the car you want and the spec you want and a price youre willing to pay, go for it.

Personally, when doing PCP, go for options that increase the GFV, so a sunroof wont, but vis pack and m sport plus will.

If you want the car ASAP and its in stock you have to compare it to other dealers and their stock, if you don't mind ordering a car and waiting a bit longer, then you open up a load more options!

Take a look here, 320D x drive (i know its X drive but its the example they have on the website). 」388 deposit, 」388 a month. The total deposit it made up of dealer contribution (discount) and BMW UK discount (what they get from BMW). Worth a call i think.

http://www.petervardybmw.co.uk/cars/...on/7397269-48/

Push the service pack, they will buckle if they want your deal. If they want to protect their credibility (as they will see it) and stay at no, then they dont need the business as much and it might not be the best price.

oh and on the insurance, is it that much of a jump? my monthlies when i got mine were 」17 more for the 330D from the 320D. My insurance was about 」600 ish.

Andy
Thanks Andy - really helpful advice there. I didn't even check the difference in monthlies for a 330d as the insurance was coming to several hundred more. I was paying 」400 per year on my Seat Ibiza but recently moved a few miles away where my premium is effectively doubling! As it stands a 320d M Sport is 」1700 cheapest to insure (outrageous right? - would have been 」900 at my old address) and a 330d was looking at around 」2.5k which is way way more than I'd be willing to pay for insurance. Note this is with 6 years experience, no accidents, no points, and nearing 4 years NCB.

I think I'm going to speak to the dealer and see what other cars are available with slighlty different specs - I was looking at the purchase price as the main factor but I guess the GFV is as important so even if I pick a car more expensive if the GFV makes up for the difference my monthlies should be lower.

This is why I love this forum! I'm sure if I get the mod bug later on...I'll be cursing you all

Regards,

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 01:34 PM   #18
roshambo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivk
Quote:

Take a look here, 320D x drive (i know its X drive but its the example they have on the website). 388 deposit, 388 a month. The total deposit it made up of dealer contribution (discount) and BMW UK discount (what they get from BMW). Worth a call i think.

http://www.petervardybmw.co.uk/cars/...on/7397269-48/" rel="ugc" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.petervard...397269-48/</a>

oh and on the insurance, is it that much of a jump? my monthlies when i got mine were 17 more for the 330D from the 320D. My insurance was about 600 ish.

Andy
Thanks Andy - really helpful advice there. I didn't even check the difference in monthlies for a 330d as the insurance was coming to several hundred more. I was paying 400 per year on my Seat Ibiza but recently moved a few miles away where my premium is effectively doubling! As it stands a 320d M Sport is 1700 cheapest to insure (outrageous right? - would have been 900 at my old address) and a 330d was looking at around 2.5k which is way way more than I'd be willing to pay for insurance. Note this is with 6 years experience, no accidents, no points, and nearing 4 years NCB.

I think I'm going to speak to the dealer and see what other cars are available with slighlty different specs - I was looking at the purchase price as the main factor but I guess the GFV is as important so even if I pick a car more expensive if the GFV makes up for the difference my monthlies should be lower.

This is why I love this forum! I'm sure if I get the mod bug later on...I'll be cursing you all

Regards,

Shiv
The petervardy deal is for 48months as opposed to OP's original deal for 36months.

The same vehicle (320d xdrive) is テつ」368/m with テつ」368 deposit at Berry Heathrow (TRL's) on 48month. If you consider your car's part ex (less the テつ」368 deposit), then you have around テつ」2850 of options to add to maintain the monthly of テつ」368. That's just a rough guide so please don't judge me lol.

Obviously these numbers look good against ツ」420/m on 36months but I think they'll end up pretty close- maybe get to ツ」400/m eventually?

As previously mentioned, Tony and Riaz would be able to compete! I've heard nothing but praise for both chaps!
      03-29-2015, 02:28 PM   #19
workshybum
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 335d

I've said this a few times before so apologies for sounding like a broken record...

I went in to my dealer with a build spec and a price from broadspeed. A bit of negotiation meant for a similar % discount, I ended up getting a (more expensive) pre built car with a considerably higher spec, but as the GFV was also higher, the monthlies were lower.

I think PCP is a great way of buying, there are several options that are effectively 'free' when looking solely at the monthly costs. If you have the M-Sport plus pack, the vis pack is a no-brainer, for example.

The only way this car will work out more expensive for me is if I decide to keep it at the end of the term, as I'll have a higher final payment. At the time of ordering this wasn't even a consideration for me as I planned to hand it back and swap for a new one. That being said, the more I drive it, the more I'm thinking I might keep it!

Hope you find a deal you're happy with. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #20
Andy30D
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Andy - really helpful advice there. I didn't even check the difference in monthlies for a 330d as the insurance was coming to several hundred more. I was paying 」400 per year on my Seat Ibiza but recently moved a few miles away where my premium is effectively doubling! As it stands a 320d M Sport is 」1700 cheapest to insure (outrageous right? - would have been 」900 at my old address) and a 330d was looking at around 」2.5k which is way way more than I'd be willing to pay for insurance. Note this is with 6 years experience, no accidents, no points, and nearing 4 years NCB.

Regards,

Shiv

No worries mate.

Blimey where do you live Iraq?! Lol. As previously mentioned the 20d is a brilliant car and it's hardly slow, you'll enjoy it!

Definitely have a look. Also a 4 year deal you could look at changing 2-2.5 years in, so if you're gna keep it that long anyway, maybe a 4 year is more suitable?

Definitely suggest you talk to TRL and RIAZ. Spire Watford is Riaz, give him a shout, jnsure of TRL's contact but I know he supplies coast2coast.

Maybe push harder on better PX value.

And you are spot on, your monthlies reflect the gap between sales value and GFV plus interest, so if you increase the sales value but also the GFV your monthlies won't differ much at all.

Let us know what you decide on!!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 03:14 PM   #21
mgarvey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Renault Megane

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordberg View Post
How can you have negative equity with a GFV?
Fair comment if you keep the car to term, have no scratches, dinks, scuffed alloys and don't go over the mileage, then the dealer has taken the risk on the equity and you've nothing to pay...

...but if you don't have equity in a PCP you might as well have leased it and saved some money, assuming you're like me and like to change cars fairly regularly.

My original comment is from current experience. My 318d Sport, admittedly a fairly standard spec with a list price of 」29k back in 2012, has a GFV of 」13000 when its PCP is up in August. Dealers are barely offering that for it now, though I'd get more in private sale.

If the OP is confident the GFV has factored in LCI and other issues, and plans to keep the car to term or beyond, then no worries, take the GFV value and enjoy the lower payments, but if they want to change early or enjoy a solid deposit towards their next car, consider a GFV of 40% of RRP or below.

Previous: F30 318d Sport, R56 MINI Dooper 2010, E93 325i M-Sport auto 2007, E91 320d SE 2005, E46 318Ci Coupe 2002
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 03:37 PM   #22
shivk
Private
Rep

Quote:
No worries mate.

Blimey where do you live Iraq?! Lol. As previously mentioned the 20d is a brilliant car and it's hardly slow, you'll enjoy it!

Definitely have a look. Also a 4 year deal you could look at changing 2-2.5 years in, so if you're gna keep it that long anyway, maybe a 4 year is more suitable?

Definitely suggest you talk to TRL and RIAZ. Spire Watford is Riaz, give him a shout, jnsure of TRL's contact but I know he supplies coast2coast.

Maybe push harder on better PX value.

And you are spot on, your monthlies reflect the gap between sales value and GFV plus interest, so if you increase the sales value but also the GFV your monthlies won't differ much at all.

Let us know what you decide on!!
Haha Iraq - might be cheaper out there! East London unfortunately - but zone 3 and minutes away from Canary Wharf. Just going to discover what other cars are available in stock which meet my minimum spec and might have some better extras which actually improve the GFV. Bare in mind I'm not too worried about negative equity as I fully intend on sticking the full 36 months and may even buy the car at the end of it if nothing takes my fancy.

At my age and income think I need to keep the car 5 years at least to justify the cost. I've also asked to check if any 320i's in stock however last time I checked there were none with the minimum spec I wanted given I will be doing 6-8k miles a year so whatever works out cheaper overall is good enough for me. (I.e. don't need the efficiency of the diesel).

Will let you know what progress I make tomorrow - thanks for all the advice so far mate!
Appreciate 0