Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons

03-28-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
Turkish Mafia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i (6/2007)

HJS HD Catalytic Converter 200 Cells (x2) - for Downpipes - Euro 5 Compliant!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 900.00

Item Interest
Made in Germany. Best quality, no check engine light for life of vehicle (unlike other catalytic converters that degrade).

BRAND NEW.

These are being sold as a PAIR. The price is for a PAIR of HJS catalysts.

These have 90% flow! Only 10% difference from fully catless. Advantage is these will not create a check engine light and you will pass inspection!

The HJS 200 cell catalysts are brand new with 70 mm end cones welded to them (if your pipe size differs, these cones can be cut by your local exhaust shop and a cone of your size can be welded on).

They measurements of the cylinder (the cats themselves) are the same as OEM stock N54 cats (1M, 335i, etc). To be more precise, the length is exactly the same and the diameter is 0.7 mm (yes mm), thicker than OEM. The exact measurements are as follows:

The length of the catalytic converter can itself is 10.5 cm
The diameter of the catalytic converter can itself is also 10.5 cm

From end to end (including end cones), the length is 17.5 cm.
The diameter of the end cones is 7.0 cm (these end cones can be cut off if needed).

I originally purchased these for my BMW E92 335i (N54 engine), but I no longer have the time to modify my car, which is the reason I will be selling these. They have been sitting around in a box and I have not had a chance to put them in my car.

Again, these are BRAND NEW. Please do your own research regarding compatibility, I am NOT responsible regarding incompatibility with your vehicle.

These catalysts are HJS HD (High Durability) Catalysts which are EURO 5 Compliant. HJS HD Catalysts has a higher durability and a special coating for EURO 5 vehicles, which means no check engine light and you will pass emissions (I cannot guarantee this as I am not the manufacturer of HJS catalysts, but this is claimed by the manufacturer, HJS in Germany, again please do your research).

Any questions are more than welcome!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 05:33 AM   #2
bjf66
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is DCT

Hi are these still available? I've sent you a PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 12:31 PM   #3
cmichaelo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3, '22 Toyota Rav4

Where can I buy these in the US? I've been searching, and nada... except fabspeed but they only sell integrated into crosspipe for $3500
Z4MC: KW V3 coilovers (rears)
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 12:35 PM   #4
cmichaelo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Where can I buy these in the US? I've been searching, and nada... except fabspeed but they only sell integrated into crosspipe for $3500 !!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 04:30 AM   #5
wuzhatning
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmichaelo View Post
Where can I buy these in the US? I've been searching, and nada... except fabspeed but they only sell integrated into crosspipe for $3500 !!
ebaY
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 07:04 AM   #6
Sahbatage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 IR BMW M4

Where do these go along the length of the exhaust, the midpipe?
      07-05-2021, 10:11 AM   #7
cmichaelo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzhatning View Post
ebaY
I can only find the catalyst element itself for sale there. I could not find any universal options where all you have to do is to weld it into your existing 2 1/2" tubing.

The only place that has the HJS cats already installed is Fabspeed. But they run anywhere from $2300-3500 just for the primary cats (incl tubing all the way to the secondary cats/x-pipe). See here for example:

https://www.fabspeed.com/fabspeed-bm...ers-2007-2013/

I'm just interested in the HFC itself though so I can weld it into my existing crosspipe from ESS.

Any ideas?

I see a whole bunch of other crosspipes running anywhere from $1400-2100, and which are also offered w/o the HFC (ie, primary cat deleted) for roughly $300-400 less... which means the cats are only $150-200 a piece.

Considering a single HJS cat runs around $650, and a Magnaflow metalic substrate cat runs $750, and both of these are high temp and EPA compliant, I would have to wonder about the quality, and even the flow, of the cats they install in those $1400-2100 crosspipes.

Comments anyone?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 12:14 PM   #8
volvofan
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Necrobump! Still available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Mafia View Post
Made in Germany. Best quality, no check engine light for life of vehicle (unlike other catalytic converters that degrade).

BRAND NEW.

These are being sold as a PAIR. The price is for a PAIR of HJS catalysts.

These have 90% flow! Only 10% difference from fully catless. Advantage is these will not create a check engine light and you will pass inspection!

The HJS 200 cell catalysts are brand new with 70 mm end cones welded to them (if your pipe size differs, these cones can be cut by your local exhaust shop and a cone of your size can be welded on).

They measurements of the cylinder (the cats themselves) are the same as OEM stock N54 cats (1M, 335i, etc). To be more precise, the length is exactly the same and the diameter is 0.7 mm (yes mm), thicker than OEM. The exact measurements are as follows:

The length of the catalytic converter can itself is 10.5 cm
The diameter of the catalytic converter can itself is also 10.5 cm

From end to end (including end cones), the length is 17.5 cm.
The diameter of the end cones is 7.0 cm (these end cones can be cut off if needed).

I originally purchased these for my BMW E92 335i (N54 engine), but I no longer have the time to modify my car, which is the reason I will be selling these. They have been sitting around in a box and I have not had a chance to put them in my car.

Again, these are BRAND NEW. Please do your own research regarding compatibility, I am NOT responsible regarding incompatibility with your vehicle.

These catalysts are HJS HD (High Durability) Catalysts which are EURO 5 Compliant. HJS HD Catalysts has a higher durability and a special coating for EURO 5 vehicles, which means no check engine light and you will pass emissions (I cannot guarantee this as I am not the manufacturer of HJS catalysts, but this is claimed by the manufacturer, HJS in Germany, again please do your research).

Any questions are more than welcome!
Total shot in the dark as this post is eleventy-billion years old, but I certainly still have “I’ll get around to selling that someday” parts in boxes like that, too.

Any chance these are still available?

Thanks!

-Jon
Appreciate 0