F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Mixed Emotions Tomorrow
Extreme Powerhouse

03-26-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
TJB90
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 - F30 - 330D - MSport

Mixed Emotions Tomorrow

Evening all!

Can't sleep!

I go to pick up my first ever BMW tomorrow and my first ever brand new purchase.
Yes I'm very excited but very mixed emotions at the moment due to having to let go my little DS3 Runabout! (Trade in)

This car may be French! It may only be a 1.6! and yes it may have some stupid racing stripe which the Special Edition came with but...

This car was the last car my dad and I went to pick together for myself and he passed away on January 1st this year so it's a little sentimental to be honest.

I'm hoping for nice weather tomorrow for my drive from Park Lane to Manchester for the weekend!
Got wall paper stripping to commence!

The little DS3.

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 06:52 PM   #2
GMT234
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M140 mineral grey / oyster

Hello, i'm almost in the same boat as you, I'm getting my car on Monday, I also have a DS3. cracking little cars, still keeping mine tho, as i am a driving instructor, so need it for work. my ds3 is ruby red / moonstone roof, black bellones. Have you been on ds3 owners club?
Really can't wait til Monday tho, same as yours I think, but xdrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 06:56 PM   #3
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

Sleeping is for girls.....

I haven't slept for years....
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #4
Geo's comps
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 420d Msport + coupe

Congratulations on your new purchase, i guess it a bittersweet moment however you have honour the DS3 in a memorable way
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 07:00 PM   #5
Andrewthefirst
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M140i

Nice car in all seriousness.....BUT

Tomorrow night you'll be like 'DS3 who.....?' You'll be driving past Citroens with a scoff and a smug grin, going 'F*ing Citroens LOL' And hopefully you'll be enjoying the drive home wondering what your dad would have thought of the BM and would he be proud to see you in it

Health to drive op. Fingers crossed for good weather
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 02:14 AM   #6
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Good luck with today, have a pause and remember your Dad BEFORE driving off.

also have a look around Park Lane and some of the different individual models they have.

Above all take your time driving back and just enjoy the drive, watch out for the difference in size and obvious swift application of power.
Have fun
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2015, 03:37 AM   #7
ammo23
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 (GO8) M Sport Pro incoming

I too have owned a DS3 and that was after saying I would never own a French car; once tested a Clio and it felt like it was falling to bits in my hand (such a gear box rattle!)

Fond memories in mine too, great little run around and actually fun to drive! But in sure you'll love the Beemer

What spec did you go for?
Enjoy the drive!!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 03:52 AM   #8
snipnoob86
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D Saloon

hope the collection goes well
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 05:40 AM   #9
Chompers
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d MSport (M) BS /CR

Came very close to getting a DS3 in January but decided on a Mini instead. Both great fun to drive, the Mini just feels more solid IMO. Good luck to the OP collecting your car today

Gone: F31 320d MSport BS /CR, E61 520d MSport Bus Ed, E53 X5 V8 Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 08:09 AM   #10
V8RM
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D Alpine White

DS3, prefer Xbox TBH

In all seriousness though, you won't look back after you get the BMW. Enjoy!
      03-27-2015, 01:20 PM   #11
DTP1980
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 LCI Monte Carlo Blue

Wow, that is a serious leap between marques! Bloody good choice though!

BMW's aren't without their occasional niggles, but I think the UK forum is the very best place to get advice (on topic or otherwise!)

But most of the time it's just great driving pleasure and we look forwards to hearing more from you. Oh, and piccies please!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 02:10 PM   #12
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJB90 View Post
Evening all!

Can't sleep!

I go to pick up my first ever BMW tomorrow and my first ever brand new purchase.
Yes I'm very excited but very mixed emotions at the moment due to having to let go my little DS3 Runabout! (Trade in)

This car may be French! It may only be a 1.6! and yes it may have some stupid racing stripe which the Special Edition came with but...

This car was the last car my dad and I went to pick together for myself and he passed away on January 1st this year so it's a little sentimental to be honest.

I'm hoping for nice weather tomorrow for my drive from Park Lane to Manchester for the weekend!
Got wall paper stripping to commence!

The little DS3.

Your old man helped you pick the DS3 back then probably because it is what was appropriate for you at the time.
OP your dad would be proud that his lad picked the right motor himself and would probably tell you to be careful in it.

Mark my words, once you become one with your F3x your Citroen will be a fond sentimental memory.

Id like to think he will be looking down at you and will crack a smile the first time you press this
[/url]
Appreciate 2
      03-27-2015, 07:00 PM   #13
TJB90
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 - F30 - 330D - MSport

Thank you for all the replies...

Especially F30Andy +1 my friend that was well put and he would be cursing me at having the option to turn off the stop start as his vehicle didn't have that option and he hated it. lol

So I collected the car today...
It was sad to see the DS3 leave but when the BMW came out from the hidden away carpark that Park Lane use at the rear of the premises the DS3 just fell to the furthest depths of the rear of the mind.

It was such an amazing moment I even asked for a picture with my purchase lol A bit cheesy but oh well.

The drive out of London was a massive improvement on the clutch action coming in.
I no longer had a sore left leg and once I got onto the motorway that was when I gave myself time to get a good feel for the vehicle giving it the odd Sports Mode Squirt here and there... putting the Corsa Limited Edition Chavs overlooking to shame.

I attended 2 services on the way back to Manchester and every where I got looks and so did the BMW. - At one point a chap on his own was wondering around my car whilst I watched him from the Coffee Shop
I maybe also got ALOT of looks because I'm 24 and driving a car specc'ed at 44k... It didn't help I shaved my beard off last night and had a baby face again.

I never knew my boot popped open by holding the button and it nearly took my nose off at first lol.

A HUGE!!! mistake I made was setting up the equaliser to be very bassy on the way back and I couldn't figure out how to rectify this whilst driving so I had thumping bass for 3.5 hours! Eurgh! - This has now been fixed.

I got back and had clocked 55MPG as my average for the journey door to door which I thought was brilliant for a first drive and it can only improve!

Knocking around town all night brought me down to 47MPG but I'm still happy with that.
No point in owning a car like a 330D if you aren't going to enjoy it the way it should be.

Pictures will be put up tomorrow.
It's late... I'm up early and I've left my camera in the car.

I hope everyone else had a good Friday.

P.S. I came back to find M Performance Goodies had arrived too!!!!!! BONUS!!!!! haha
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 07:09 PM   #14
Geo's comps
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 420d Msport + coupe

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 02:10 AM   #15
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

You knew it was coming.

Congrats on the collection.
      03-28-2015, 02:32 AM   #16
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Some things are inevitable

Congrats on your car though
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 03:51 AM   #17
ammo23
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 (GO8) M Sport Pro incoming

What performance parts did you go for?

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 04:14 AM   #18
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Come on. You know the rules.
      03-28-2015, 04:27 AM   #19
Andrewthefirst
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M140i

Quote:

I attended 2 services on the way back to Manchester and every where I got looks and so did the BMW.
I maybe also got ALOT of looks because I'm 24 and driving a car specc'ed at 44k... It didn't help I shaved my beard off last night and had a baby face again.
hopefully your zipper wasn't down...the balls could have been sticking out Inbetweeners style!

Congrats OP and good post. Looking forward to the pics and the performance goodies!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 05:09 AM   #20
Senna
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G21 330D

Quote:
Thank you for all the replies...

Especially F30Andy +1 my friend that was well put and he would be cursing me at having the option to turn off the stop start as his vehicle didn't have that option and he hated it. lol

So I collected the car today...
It was sad to see the DS3 leave but when the BMW came out from the hidden away carpark that Park Lane use at the rear of the premises the DS3 just fell to the furthest depths of the rear of the mind.

It was such an amazing moment I even asked for a picture with my purchase lol A bit cheesy but oh well.

The drive out of London was a massive improvement on the clutch action coming in.
I no longer had a sore left leg and once I got onto the motorway that was when I gave myself time to get a good feel for the vehicle giving it the odd Sports Mode Squirt here and there... putting the Corsa Limited Edition Chavs overlooking to shame.

I attended 2 services on the way back to Manchester and every where I got looks and so did the BMW. - At one point a chap on his own was wondering around my car whilst I watched him from the Coffee Shop

I never knew my boot popped open by holding the button and it nearly took my nose off at first lol.

A HUGE!!! mistake I made was setting up the equaliser to be very bassy on the way back and I couldn't figure out how to rectify this whilst driving so I had thumping bass for 3.5 hours! Eurgh! - This has now been fixed.

I got back and had clocked 55MPG as my average for the journey door to door which I thought was brilliant for a first drive and it can only improve!

Knocking around town all night brought me down to 47MPG but I'm still happy with that.
No point in owning a car like a 330D if you aren't going to enjoy it the way it should be.

Pictures will be put up tomorrow.
It's late... I'm up early and I've left my camera in the car.

I hope everyone else had a good Friday.

P.S. I came back to find M Performance Goodies had arrived too!!!!!! BONUS!!!!! haha
Send them some pictures of the wallpaper
      03-28-2015, 05:26 AM   #21
Matt01
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d Lux

Anyone would have thought you guys haven't seen a BMW before....

Appreciate 1