ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #1
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M

anyone tried REMUS exhaust? any thoughts?

tnx
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Maybe its just me, but I've always thought of Remus as a low end brand.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
CampioniShop
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdm4k View Post
http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/why-remus-i-6.html

With all due respect to our competitors, none of them have the research and development facilities we have and our wide approach to exhaust development.

We manufacture exhausts for OEM manufacturers, Porsche, VW, Mercedes, Toyota, etc, we manufacture exhausts for tuners such as Brabus, AC Schnitzer, AMG, Oettinger, Gemballa, Tech Art, etc.

We provide the biggest exhaust catalogue, whether it is motorcycle or automobiles. We innovate, from sport exhausts to all out racing exhausts, compact tuner exhausts, adjustable valve exhausts, luxury exhausts, electro polishing, titanium and carbon fiber exhausts(mainly for motorcycles).

Voted no 1 exhaust manufacturer in a Sport Auto(big if not biggest european car magazine) poll over Eisenmann, Bastuck, SuperSprint and other companies.

We are heavily involved into Motorsports : http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/motorsport-i-15.html
This allows us to bring to the street exhausts that were developped in real racing conditions, for example our whole new 997 turbo exhaust features racing technology from our Le Mans implication, our Aston Martin sound exhaust developped with the Jet Alliance DBR9 team, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep

there a high end company no doubt. personally i find them a little too quiet
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
that was my first thought...

"REMUS" needs to elevate their brand awareness.

i always considered the dimpled tip tacky... therefore cheap. i mean no offense, but that has always been my impression. also, i had no idea the mufflers where all stainless and ceramic coated... these facts are missing in your product description.... these are points that are important to us consumers. i took one look at the REMUS site and had to assume they where not stainless... HUGE over site by whoever is handling your website! if "Chuck I"i hadn't asked i never would have even considered them.

so, i would recommend updating your product description... i'm sure it is losing you sales.

now, what is the price for the mufflers only for the M's? you have my attention.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
CampioniShop
Rep

http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/road...04r-p-535.html

We are working very hard on expanding the image of Remus in the US, it is a long process, however it is one we take at heart.

We are working on a new navigation system that will be put in with the '08 pricing. It will be much better

See link for price.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #7
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep

i hear you....
i work at a branding firm in Boston... this is a VERY common scenario that we see all the time. you'll get there.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 06:00 PM   #8
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

please change the tips on the z4 exhausts for 08!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 06:02 PM   #9
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
please change the tips on the z4 exhausts for 08!!!
see!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #10
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Remus has always been my favorite exhaust for all my cars, they usually give a very nice deep rumble, its a personal taste of course, but the exhausts themselves are of extremly high quality
      01-28-2008, 01:32 AM   #11
Zeddy4Me
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 09, AW E90 M3 6MT

Very high quality indeed...
      01-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #12
CampioniShop
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3 View Post
Remus has always been my favorite exhaust for all my cars, they usually give a very nice deep rumble, its a personal taste of course, but the exhausts themselves are of extremly high quality
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 12:38 PM   #13
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtoB View Post
that was my first thought...

"REMUS" needs to elevate their brand awareness.

i always considered the dimpled tip tacky... therefore cheap. i mean no offense, but that has always been my impression. also, i had no idea the mufflers where all stainless and ceramic coated... these facts are missing in your product description.... these are points that are important to us consumers. i took one look at the REMUS site and had to assume they where not stainless... HUGE over site by whoever is handling your website! if "Chuck I"i hadn't asked i never would have even considered them.

so, i would recommend updating your product description... i'm sure it is losing you sales.

now, what is the price for the mufflers only for the M's? you have my attention.
I have to agree with you on that. I always found the tips ugly and assumed the black exhausts were just painted cheap steel mufflers. Especially when you have absolutely horrid brands like pacesetter that look exactly the same as your own high end product. Death by association. Maybe you guys should consider changing the colour of the ceramic paint to silver?

Gotta market the product! Supersprint has always been (in my opinion anyways) a high end brand. Especially when you see them flaunting the product on Lambos and Ferraris. So when you see an application for your car, you naturally assume you get the same quality product as on the Italian supercars.

I had no idea Remus was so involved in motorsports. But then again being an OEM supplier does not necessarily reflect that its a performance part. To me, an OEM supplier is just another way of saying cheap replacement for the broken muffler on my beater car where I want to spend as little as possible.

I also recall a while ago a VW magazine did a muffler comparison for performance gains on the dyno and Remus did not score very highly. Might also be the reason for my impression on this brand.

But its good to know, Remus. Thanks for speaking up.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 12:44 PM   #14
CampioniShop
Rep

Quote:
I have to agree with you on that. I always found the tips ugly and assumed the black exhausts were just painted cheap steel mufflers. Especially when you have absolutely horrid brands like pacesetter that look exactly the same as your own high end product. Death by association. Maybe you guys should consider changing the colour of the ceramic paint to silver?

Gotta market the product! Supersprint has always been (in my opinion anyways) a high end brand. Especially when you see them flaunting the product on Lambos and Ferraris. So when you see an application for your car, you naturally assume you get the same quality product as on the Italian supercars.

I had no idea Remus was so involved in motorsports. But then again being an OEM supplier does not necessarily reflect that its a performance part. To me, an OEM supplier is just another way of saying cheap replacement for the broken muffler on my beater car where I want to spend as little as possible.

I also recall a while ago a VW magazine did a muffler comparison for performance gains on the dyno and Remus did not score very highly. Might also be the reason for my impression on this brand.

But its good to know, Remus. Thanks for speaking up.

We highly understand your point of view and it is one we are working very hard on. Our new navigation and website design is the first step towards such market awareness, there will be clear descriptions, and an overall much more pleasant surfing experience.

Thanks for the criticism
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #15
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Perhaps the option to purchase mufflers with different tips rather than the dotted one?

Titanium tips are beaaaaauuuutiful!

Also, noticed that the Jetta model line needs to be updated as I see lots of products for the Golf but not the Jetta. (they share the same muffler design but different lengths of exhaust).
Makes it feel like there are no products at all for the Jetta.

I think it would also be nice to have the type of stainless steel used (do you guys use 440 or something else?) and a mention of the ceramic coating on the individual product pages as some people may link to the product only and thus are not aware of the materials used.

One thing I notice with many manufacturers is they neglect to mention the wall thickness of their steel, maybe its overkill, but this in my opinion determines the cheapness of the exhaust and even though its stainless, would also be a factor in how long the exhaust lasts.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #16
unionjack
Conceited Prick
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe previously

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
Mine will be here soon. For sure I'll be posting some hi-res pics.

AW/IR | Premium Package | Heated Seats | Navigation | Valentine One | Shorty Antenna | Black Kidney Surrounds
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 09:55 AM   #17
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
Perhaps the option to purchase mufflers with different tips rather than the dotted one?

Titanium tips are beaaaaauuuutiful!
i actually talked to this guy about this option some time ago, but to do custom tips i think it was something like $200-300 to upgrade and IMO that puts it way too close to eisenmann exhausts in price...

The only way we'll be able to get the style we're looking for while still trying to maintain some value is to "Hope" that the tips come in some kind of production form.

why don't you put a poll up here and on other bimmer sites with a few tip styles and some photos. Titanium/Polished Double Wall/Single wall/Slash Cut/Oval, etc and let us vote on it.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #18
CampioniShop
Rep

If we can gather 10 + orders for a specific tip style I'm sure we could come to a proper price.

I would suggest the 78 tips:

Double walled, 3.31.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #19
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus View Post
If we can gather 10 + orders for a specific tip style I'm sure we could come to a proper price.

I would suggest the 78 tips:

Double walled, 3.31.
much better.
are those the same tips as used on the M set-up? they look thicker then the M ones.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #20
CampioniShop
Rep

No, the tips used on the M set up are the double walled 04 twin round resonated.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 07:20 PM   #21
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus View Post
No, the tips used on the M set up are the double walled 04 twin round resonated.
any pics of this tip close up on any other of your set-ups?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #22
CampioniShop
Rep

Here's a link to an install shop in Australia :
http://www.bestmufflers.com/Remus_Ex...emus_tip04.htm
Appreciate 0