F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Extended Warranty ??
proTUNING Freaks

03-08-2015, 01:44 PM   #1
rlean
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3

Extended Warranty ??

Have a 2011 X3 which is one month out of warranty (actually vehicle was idle for the month since we were away). Thinking about purchasing a 2 year 24k extended warranty but dealer says I cannot purchase a BMW extended warranty once the vehicle is "out of initial warranty" and is steering me toward a "third party" extended warranty which I DO NOT WANT. Is the dealer BS-ing me in order to get me to buy the higher profit aftermarket warranty or is there a way I can purchase the Gold or Platinum extended warranty from BMW. ANyone have any ideas? Also... any comments on the CNA warranty the dealer is pushing me towards? P.S. only 29k miles in four years. Should I even bother with any extended coverage...intend on keeping car 2 more years,
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 04:28 PM   #2
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

What dealerships do you guys recommend for extended warranties?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #3
rlean
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3

Extended Warranty

I purchased the BMW factory extended warranty (7/70 from initial sale date)- for about $3200. The dealer discounted the BMW cost by about 15%. Best thing I ever did. Two weeks after purchase I had a repair bill which exceeded the purchase price and 2 other claims since. Don't know where u are located but my Dealer is Thompson BMW in Doylestown, PA> I've bought 9 BMW's from them and my newest ---an X1 is due for delivery this week. Just off the boat on Saturday. They are an INCREDIBLE dealership.....very competively priced and wonderful service. btw...you can ONLY BUY THE BMW extended warranty while the vehicle is STILL UNDER the original 4 year factory warranty--.BMW allowed the purchase since the vehicle was out of service for the month after the original warranty expired.(with a little muscle from the dealer).
Appreciate 0