Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

02-27-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
DarkSide24
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

M Performance Parts - Car 'modified'?

For those who have fitted M Performance parts, or another cosmetic feature (not effecting performance), have you declared these to your insurer as vehicle modifications?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 11:15 AM   #2
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
I have all of the M performance parts available excluding the CF mirror caps. I have disclosed all of those as dealer fit options. The insurance had no issue with those parts. The other mods are being disclosed individually and those are all likely to create additional premiums I have been warned. The car won't be ready until next month so I will post again if there are any changes to the insurance once it's registration number goes on and the car is on the road.

On another note what a stupid system that BMW doesn't buy back the original parts or allow you to spec the car as M performance kitted straight from the factory
Denso
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2015, 07:36 AM   #3
waltong
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Hi
The M parts are a modification in the eyes of your insurer, even if they are not performance related. It could be deemed the cosmetic parts make the vehicle more theft attractive.
Make sure you keep the replaced parts. You may find them a bonus for resale. Have you bought the performance exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 10:04 AM   #4
DarkSide24
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thanks for the advice. I haven't bought the MPE. I had considered an aftermarket exhaust, but to be honest I am more than content with the stock system and currently have no inclination to change it!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 02:42 AM   #5
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Where can I get info on the M Performance Kit for the M4?

I've got it on my 335d and want the same with the M..

My issue is, the supplying dealer has their body shop off site, 20miles each way and probably wouldn't want them to install prior to collection because of this
Appreciate 0