BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

01-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
Johndoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 sedan

Queue vs 'official order' in system?

Is it a must-have to get your name not just in the dealer queue but also in the BMW system ASAP? My dealer assures me I am in their 'queue' but I do not have a printout of the order other than internal worksheet.....my dealer says I can change options all the way until I am assigned a production number so no rush in plugging in system...true?..and he says even with the official printout there is no production number as yet?? ...

Does this mean the dealer will assign the production number to the people in the queue priority order once he gets an allocation from BMW...regardless of who gets 'official' printouts first....sorry for confusion...I know not a very clear note!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndoe View Post
Is it a must-have to get your name not just in the dealer queue but also in the BMW system ASAP? My dealer assures me I am in their 'queue' but I do not have a printout of the order other than internal worksheet.....my dealer says I can change options all the way until I am assigned a production number so no rush in plugging in system...true?..and he says even with the official printout there is no production number as yet?? ...

Does this mean the dealer will assign the production number to the people in the queue priority order once he gets an allocation from BMW...regardless of who gets 'official' printouts first....sorry for confusion...I know not a very clear note!
Maybe a CA like timesev can clarify, but production numbers are assigned by BMW AG only with an allocation and once the order has been accepted by them (order status 111). Most important is confirming with the dealer when he actually has an allocation he can assign to you. Dealers do not know in advance how many they will get in any given month, especially at ramp up.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
rvacha
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
+1. What GregW said.