E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > bmw e92 325i Misfired now wont start - please help

01-25-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
E92DEEBO
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

bmw e92 325i Misfired now wont start - please help

Hi to everyone, I am a newbie here and im in need of some help

I have been the proud owner of my bmw e92 325i '56 reg for about 12 months,
the car has been so reliable and great on fuel........... until 2 weeks ago....

the car was sat on my driveway. I started it up and there was a slight misfire , the fuel read out said I had 24 miles left in the tank. I turned the car off and then restarted it. Misfire was still present. I decided to drive to the local petrol station. The car made it approx 100ft and cut out. I sat trying to restart the car 5 times and it wouldnt fire up. The battery then died. About 2 hours later I had put fuel in the car (10 ltrs) and the gauge said 120 miles were in the tank. I added a fuel injector cleaner (scaling down the treatment for 10 ltrs of fuel) I figured if there was some crap dragged from the bottom of the tank and blocked the injectors that the cleaner would help. I then jump started the car and it would turn over but not fire. After 20 mins of trying to start the car I gave up. I removed the battery and recharged it. I came out to the car the following morning fitted the battery and it started. I left it running for a few minutes before reversing the car back onto the drive. Still had a misfire. It was running for approx 10 mins. I then turned it off and left it until the next day. The next morning the car wouldnt start and I had the restricted power warning light up, the abs light came on, the dsc light came on, the tyre pressure monitoring and the airbag warning light came on. I felt sick lol.

I kept trying to start the car with no joy. The battery died real quick and I decided to replace the battery. Now the starter motor will engage but the car wont start. The fuel pump now switches on when I unlock the car and shuts off but stays on constantly as soon as the ignition key is inserted and the ignition is on. I have used inpa to clear as many faults as I could but the majority still remain (11 faults). I also tried to reset the battery but inpa failed to do it. Here is a list of the faults reported... I used ivini to read these codes so the ivini codes are also included.

Systems
FUEL PUMP - UNKNOWN FAILURE - 00CED4
Heating a/c
AIR CON - CAN MESSAGE - 00E717
AIR CON - CAN MESSAGE - 00E71A
AIR CON - CAN MESSAGE - 00E71B
AIR CON - CAN MESSAGE - 00E72E
AIR CON - CAN MESSAGE - 00E720
Instrament cluster
CAN SIGNAL FAULT ENGINE - 00A3AD
CAN SIGNAL FAULT ENGINE IDLE - 00A3AE
abs/dsc/brake
DSC - TORQUE 3 MISSING MESSAGE PT-CAN - 00D356
DSC - TORQUE 2 MISSING MESSAGE PT-CAN - 00D355
DSC - TORQUE 1 MISSING MESSAGE PT - CAN - 00D354

I am in desperate need of some advice or a point in the right direction here please.
This 325i and i have many plans for the future and these faults have paused all of them so please if you can help out, add to the post . I would be very grateful.

thanks for reading this post
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #2
E92DEEBO
Rep

Anyone know a local coder in the andover area? Please
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 02:49 AM   #3
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92DEEBO View Post
Anyone know a local coder in the andover area? Please
Get in touch with James at Bromspec:

http://www.andovergermancarservice.com/

A great guy who will do a superb job for you.
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 01:48 PM   #4
E92DEEBO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil325i View Post
Get in touch with James at Bromspec:

http://www.andovergermancarservice.com/

A great guy who will do a superb job for you.
Thank you for that info
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 04:23 PM   #5
essex_lad
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Msport N53 Stage 2

Coils, have them replaced by bmw under their recall for the coils free of charge
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 02:53 AM   #6
E92DEEBO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by essex_lad View Post
Coils, have them replaced by bmw under their recall for the coils free of charge
I will call bmw on maday thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 04:01 AM   #7
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by essex_lad View Post
Erm not sure how you get coil failure from the fault codes the OP posted. And I imagine the recall's already been done before the OP took ownership - the recall was a while back.

Worth checking though...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0