F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > FEELER: Lease takeover of 2013 335 xDrive (M Sport)
ARMA SPEED

01-13-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
Soundstream
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

FEELER: Lease takeover of 2013 335 xDrive (M Sport)

[NOTE: I hope I am not breaking any rules posting to this sub-forum, but the Vehicle Classifieds area is very US-centric.]

I am thinking of getting into a new vehicle, but would need to unload my current vehicle before proceeding.

The car is located in the GTA in Ontario, Canada.

The vehicle is pretty much fully loaded and includes the following:
  • 2013 BMW 335 xDrive (8AT)
  • Glacier Silver exterior
  • Black Dakota leather interior
  • Aluminum hexagon trim
  • Premium package
  • M Sport package
  • M adaptive suspension
  • M Sport brakes
  • 19" wheels
  • Variable sport steering
  • Heads up display
  • Active Cruise Control
  • Speed limit info
  • Front & rear park distance control

Add/ons and modifications (can be left on for lease return):
  • M Performance Power Kit
  • M Performance pedals set
  • Professionally applied Opticoat (by Kevin at GTA in Detail)
  • 35% window tint all around (Formula One Pinnacle Series)
  • Glacier Silver painted front reflectors
  • Dark Shadow painted rear reflectors
  • Full black front grill
  • 18" CSL replica wheels with Michelin Alpin PA4 performance winter tires (for an additional fee)

Here are the details of the lease:
  • 18 months remaining (matures in July 2016)
  • 26,000 km remaining (1,444 km per month or about 17,000 km per year)
  • Monthly payment is $867 + HST (about $980)
  • Comes with $7,500 "wear and tear" protection (so you likely won't have to pay anything at lease return)
  • The paperwork would be facilitated by BMW, but you would be responsible for any credit application and/or lease transfer fees

I've got some images below (before the tint was installed). If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

Thanks,
Ian

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 09:29 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

interest rate ?
Residual ?
Discount taken off when you signed ?
security deposit ? If so, who get this on lease return ?
Accident ? Car proof report provided ?

What is the real incentive you are giving for someone to take over your lease ? You already indicated transfer fee will NOT be paid by you, nor any inspection fees.

Certainly you have done way too many mods/detailing on a leased car. I am impressed though
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #3
Soundstream
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
interest rate ?
Residual ?
Discount taken off when you signed ?
security deposit ? If so, who get this on lease return ?
Accident ? Car proof report provided ?

What is the real incentive you are giving for someone to take over your lease ? You already indicated transfer fee will NOT be paid by you, nor any inspection fees.

Certainly you have done way too many mods/detailing on a leased car. I am impressed though
Residual is 57% I believe, but don't recall the exact dollar amount off the top of my head. I'll have to dig it up when I get home. The interest rate and discount are not relevant as they can't be changed.

There is no security deposit as that is waived when you buy the wear and tear package.

It's never been in an accident. I don't have a CarProof, but would be willing to get one if necessary.

The real incentive is that someone can get a short term lease of a fully loaded 335 with some tasteful mods at reasonable monthly rate, with nothing down. It may not appeal to everyone, but I'm just offering this as a potential option.

I'm not in a rush to get out of the lease (hence the "feeler" in the thread title), but have the opportunity to move up to an M4 and wanted to see if there was any interest in someone wanting to take over the lease.

NOTE: I may be able to get the transfer fee waived by the dealership, but want to get that in writing from them before I guarantee it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 03:21 PM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

just for information purpose. Full disclosure so the shopping public can have all the facts.

Someone may not like paying 4.9% interest rate on a leased car, such that this reflects the payment has a higher interest component in the lease. just saying.

Transfer fee is payable to BMW Canada. Dealer has no involvement (well, they can do the paper work for you but cheque is made payable to BMW Canada)
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 09:42 PM   #5
aspiring335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Why is the interest rate relevant? With a lease all that really matters is how low is the payment. With BMW at least, low interest rates (such as the 1.9 and 0.9 "deals" on last year's models) are so misleading because the residuals are so much lower.

The OP's car seems pretty great and the mods are all high quality. I don't think you could lease a new 335i with all of those options for that price with $0 down. Only downside is the relatively low KMs remaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
just for information purpose. Full disclosure so the shopping public can have all the facts.

Someone may not like paying 4.9% interest rate on a leased car, such that this reflects the payment has a higher interest component in the lease. just saying.

Transfer fee is payable to BMW Canada. Dealer has no involvement (well, they can do the paper work for you but cheque is made payable to BMW Canada)
      01-14-2015, 02:27 PM   #6
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiring335 View Post
Why is the interest rate relevant? With a lease all that really matters is how low is the payment. With BMW at least, low interest rates (such as the 1.9 and 0.9 "deals" on last year's models) are so misleading because the residuals are so much lower.

The OP's car seems pretty great and the mods are all high quality. I don't think you could lease a new 335i with all of those options for that price with $0 down. Only downside is the relatively low KMs remaining.
Exactly. Interest rate etc. doesnt matter to anyone. Full disclosure? The deal is done. Take it or leave it. Looks like a nice car.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #7
Earthmaster
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 Austin Yellow

ehhh a bit expensive but thats what you get for a fully loaded.
Appreciate 0