Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

01-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #1
IMMLaw
Esq.
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Review: EVS Motors and Vive Auto-Finishing & Detailing | Houston, Texas

I was not asked to post this review nor am I receiving anything from it. I am not obligated to post anything and I am doing it on my own free will. Honest, hard-working, and great shops are far and few in Houston and I absolutely think it is a customer's responsibility to help spread the word for others to enjoy good service and quality work. I recommend both EVS Motors and Vive Auto-Finishing & Detailing without reservation.

After going back and forth getting pricing with EVS and Vive, I settled on the following services:

EVS: Xpel Ultimate full front with wrapped edges

Vive: Detail and clean and apply CQuartz Finest

Background:

I am extremely obsessive compulsive over my car. I am the guy whose never had a nice car before and had to earn it by really working hard. I opened my business approximately 7 months ago and through sweat and tears was finally able to treat myself to this vehicle. As such, I am the guy who also parks at the furthest possible space, asks my girlfriend to be careful when she enters the car with heels to not scuff anything, I will not allow a valet to touch the car but tip them extra to allow me to keep the keys and park it myself, etc. I'm basically the worst.

What does this translate to? It translates to not completely trusting shops until they EARN my trust. I have had bad experiences before and I have no desire to re-live them with my new baby. I communicated my concerns to EVS AND Vive. Not only were they understanding, but they even texted me on my personal cell phone updates and photos throughout the process - something they never even had to do but did just so I could feel better. I was promised that my car would never be left outside after work hours but instead locked in their 24/7 secure facility, a promise that was kept.

I also should note I personally spoke with Anson, owner of Vive. He respected my concerns and took the time to teach me everything about the work they would do on my car. The guy was as professional as they come - well-spoken, knowledgable, and you can see the passion for his work when he speaks to you

One often never hears of the amazing work shops put out. As a business owner myself, you cannot make everyone happy - even if you do, they often will never report the entire story. Anson won me over by being honest and sincere. I immediately upgraded my services to what I originally wanted to something more expensive because of it (CQuartz Finest).

Quality of the Work:

I dropped off my car Tuesday around 2pm and was able to pick it up that Friday at 5pm. When I initially dropped the vehicle off I asked if they do a pre-inspection report to check the vehicle for any scratches, dings, etc. prior to giving them the car and to my surprise not only do they check the car on a paper chart but they also gopro the vehicle inspecting for damage. This was something that really impressed me.

When I went to get the car one of the girls at the front asked if I would like to leave it an extra day since it was drizzling outside. Being the impatient person that I am, coupled with really wanting the car back, I opted to just pick it up in the rain. I was told a 4pm pickup time but one of the girls texted me to come at 5 to allow the car to cure some more.

I arrived early because the individual taking me could only drop me off at 430 or so. I waited in their nice lobby and they had a movie on for customers to enjoy. LITERALLY, right at 5pm ON-THE-DOT, one of the girls at the front was radio'd: "CLEAR THE CARS. BRING THE WHITE M4 TO THE FRONT."

And within moments, my car was brought to the front. Before paying, I was able to walk around the car with one of their representatives and a person who worked on my vehicle throughout the week, and it looked AMAZING. I have NEVER been so happy with work done on my car.

After paying, my car's mileage was exactly as I left it. They left a window decal to let the dealership know the car should not be washed and is protected by CQuartz Finest or they will be held liable for any damage to the protectant. They also left a plastic wrap on the floor for their shoes. Just an overall classy, reputable, first-class act by EVS & Vive.

Summary:

I love these guys. First-class work. A+++ And I'm going back to wrap the roof and always have my car washed with them. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. To EVS AND VIVE: If you ever see this, thank you for being patient with me and treating my car so wonderfully. You guys are great and have a customer for life.

* No photos yet because its been rainy and cloudy. I also don't own a nice camera and am not a great photographer.

Last edited by IMMLaw; 01-10-2015 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 10:30 PM   #2
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive 40i

I am glad for you op, I am very disappointed by their touch-up paint job that they have done on my car...post some pictures when time will let you to do that.

Last edited by CiprianS; 01-11-2015 at 10:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 07:25 AM   #3
IMMLaw
Esq.
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiprianS View Post
I am glad for you op, I am very disappointed by their touch-up paint job that they have done on my car...post some pictures when time will let you to do that.
Just for others in the future, Ciprian is referring to Vive and not EVS.

With that said, every side has a story and I discussed your case with Vive. After some explaining, AND being as OCD and paranoid as I am, I still felt more than comfortable giving them my car for 3 nights. Each company has had their share of mistakes and each company has had their share of great and bad clients. I think what is important is that they worked with you to find a solution to your dissatisfaction.

I don't want to turn this into a thread of he said / she said because that was what the other thread you made could be used for.

Either way, I would urge any member on here to go speak with them and check out their shops. To me, best in Houston.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 12:46 PM   #4
UH_TX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///AMG C63

From what I saw last night they did an amazing job.

DSC03346 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/128031945@N08/]

DSC03349 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/128031945@N08/]
///AMG 2009 P30 Calcite White C63 - V4 Eurocharged ******* 2012 Mini Countryman S JCW
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 08:45 AM   #5
jim101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 | G05 M50i (Ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiprianS View Post
IMO, you're always better off going to a body shop for any kind of paint work. I'm not making excuses for Vive and am not a customer (not a fan of their location), just an observation. Katy Coach Works is the only body shop I will bring my cars to.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #6
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMMLaw View Post
I was not asked to post this review nor am I receiving anything from it. I am not obligated to post anything and I am doing it on my own free will. Honest, hard-working, and great shops are far and few in Houston and I absolutely think it is a customer's responsibility to help spread the word for others to enjoy good service and quality work. I recommend both EVS Motors and Vive Auto-Finishing & Detailing without reservation.
Would second this recommendation and pointed the OP to this location after using it myself. The one thing I would emphasize is to do exactly what the OP has done and as I did, and that is to really engage with the staff and owner of whatever business you chose and impress on them that you are very aware of the work to be done and knowledgeable about the subject. I would also say that I did have to have my side skirts reworked here because the first attempt was by a staff member in training and I was not satisfied with the work - they were very professional about my concerns, fixed it pronto and the result is rock solid, but again stay engaged and inspect everything! Can never guarantee results but the more interest and passion you show usually the more care is taken with your property!
      01-18-2015, 09:16 PM   #7
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

OP, who did you call to book at Vive? I need to have some work done on my P Car. It's finally time to bite the bullet.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 10:08 PM   #8
IMMLaw
Esq.
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
OP, who did you call to book at Vive? I need to have some work done on my P Car. It's finally time to bite the bullet.
Talk to Gabbie! She's super nice and knowledgable. She's also comes off as very honest so I felt comfortable with her and it helped calm my paranoia of leaving my car there multiple nights.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #9
M3soHRNY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Yaz Blu

+1 for Gabby.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 09:44 PM   #10
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep

-10 for Anson and his so called detailing stuff, I lost $75 for nothing.

If the posted pictures below are called touch up paint job, then I will start my own business and do this touch up paint jobs using a broom and some paint and more than sure it will look better than what they did there. He offered to compensate with some other services but I will never get back there again, if he did an idiot job like the one below first time, I will never trust him again and every time when someone will ask me about him I will just show that person his "perfect" job that he has done to my car.

And after you do a touch up paint, it is normal to give the car back to the client dirty, at least they could have put some water on it... bleah.

The first 3 photos are with how the car was looking before his "brilliant" job and the last 2 are with how it was looking after.

I will just let the pictures to tell more because I am tired of talking about this "very good" detailer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #11
IMMLaw
Esq.
Rep

There are 2 sides to every story but we're all entitled to our opinion. Sorry that you felt you had a bad experience with them. I would leave my car with them without any hesitation whatsoever. They are the only people who are going to get within a foot of washing my car if it isn't done by me personally.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 10:28 AM   #12
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep

What other side of this story can it be? Aren't these pictures telling everything that can be told about their job? From how you are finding him excuses I can only imagine that you are his friend or maybe his PR.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 05:38 PM   #13
IMMLaw
Esq.
Rep

I don't have a dog in the fight buddy. I am not his friend nor have I had any contact with him or Vive other than the great work they did on my car. Regardless of whose right or wrong, there is ALWAYS a second side to any story. When I met him I asked about your experience and he told me what happened. It's not my place to post his side of it because that's his own decision to do so if he wants. I heard him out and decided to leave my car anyway - and that's coming from someone SUPER anal about my car and SUPER skeptical of shops.

And besides, if you set up a poll of people who have used their detailing services for actual CLEANING, you'll be outnumbered with you being dissatisfied and everyone else being happy.

And I'd never do PR

Last edited by IMMLaw; 03-16-2015 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 07:40 PM   #14
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep

I'm also anal about my car, that is why when I hear the name Vive I just run away like a rabbit. All I say is that it is fair to let people know also about this guy's failures since you have done this topic like a review. That is why we are on this forum, to share opinions and experiences and after that everyone can decide where to go or not based on what they see around here.

Drive safe and enjoy your ride!
Appreciate 0