F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor and Seller Review/Feedback Forum > BMW of Greenwich CT. Worst service ever.
ARMA SPEED

01-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
emoon3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

BMW of Greenwich CT. Worst service ever.

I just have to vent about this.

So, on Dec 22, I'm on my way to work and get a Drivetrain Malfunction Warning. I called BMW of Greenwich where I normally get my service done and tell them I need to have my car towed there. I ask if they will have a loaner vehicle, and they tell me, they won't know until my car gets there. I say fair enough, do you have any loaners available at this moment - explaining that I live far away, and roadside assistance needs to know if I will be riding there with my car; if they don't have any loaners or maybe only one or two, I won't risk going out there. I'm told they won't even know if they have loaners at that very moment until my car get there.

I just have the car towed there. It's about a 45 minute drive from my house to the dealer. After about 2.5 hours, I haven't gotten any acknowledgement that my car arrived so I call. Yes, the car did get there. Do you have any loaners. They don't know. I remind them that I was told they would know when my car got there, and my car is there. I'm put on hold for 5 seconds and then "No, we don't have any loaners."

It's about 4:30 when I called so I figured I would call back the next day.

Next day I call at 11 to get a status on my car. I'm told the only person that knows anything about my car is my service advisor. He is not at his desk. He is not answering his phone. Would I like for them to send him a message to call me. Yes, please send a message.

Hearing nothing I call at 2 to get a status... I'm told the only person that knows anything about my car is my service advisor. He is not at his desk. He is not answering his phone. Would I like for them to send him a message to call me. Yes, please send a message.

Hearing nothing I call at 4 to get a status... I'm told the only person that knows anything about my car is my service advisor. He is not at his desk. He is not answering his phone. Would I like for them to send him a message to call me. Yes, please send a message.

Finally, at 5, the service advisor calls me to tell me that my car hasn't been looked at, but will be looked at the next day. Christmas Eve. I tell him I've been without a car for two days and need a loaner. No loaners available.

Wednesday, Christmas Eve, I call at noon to get a status... I'm told the only person that knows anything about my car is my service advisor. He is not at his desk. He is not answering his phone. Would I like for them to send him a message to call me. Yes, please send a message.

Wednesday at 2:30, my service advisor calls and says the fuel injector need to be replaced. They didn't have one in stock. The part will be in Friday, the day after Christmas, my car will be ready then. Friday passes, not a word from the shop. Saturday goes by, no word.

I call at 4PM to get a status... I'm told the only person that knows anything about my car is my service advisor. He is not at his desk. He is not answering his phone. Would I like for them to send him a message to call me. Yes, please send a message.

Monday the 29th, I call at 11 to get a status... I'm told the only person that knows anything about my car is my service advisor. He is not at his desk. He is not answering his phone. Would I like for them to send him a message to call me. Yes, please send a message. I ask to speak to the service manager. I'm told he is in a meeting that will last all day and he is not available to talk.

I go down to the dealership. Amazingly the manager is available. He assures me everything will be fixed that day. I get a call from my service advisor saying that they found the computer needs to be replaced. Computer should be in the next day and gives me his email.

I email the service advisor a couple times Tues. The part isn't in.

I email him on Wed. Part still isn't in. A week and a half into the repair, I'm finally given a loaner. I'm told the part will be in Friday.

Friday passes, no word. Saturday passes no word.

Monday the 5th I send an email to the service manager basically saying it's unacceptable to not get even a quick daily status email. He said he spoke with the advisor and I will get daily status updates. The advisor called me later that day and said the computer arrived, was being installed but would need programming so my car would be ready on Tues.

Tues no word. It's now 1PM Wed with absolutely no word from the dealer. It is beyond frustrating.

Am I off base asking for a daily status? Is this the level of service you guys have experienced?

My car has been at the dealer for two and a half weeks now...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #2
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
LOL. sorry....i had to laugh at your daily update summaries!!!

that level of dealer behaviour pretty unacceptable....however unfortunately the norm these days. I have found a good dealer in Long Island where i work. why are you taking your car all the way out there for service?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 01:21 PM   #3
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

KyleB is normally available to read this post, but he is not at his computer right now. Press pound if you would like to leave him a message. He will be available to read your post tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #4
emoon3
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post

that level of dealer behaviour pretty unacceptable....however unfortunately the norm these days. I have found a good dealer in Long Island where i work. why are you taking your car all the way out there for service?
It's the closest dealer to my job.

I live in Westchester, but I bought my car at Rallye. I'll be taking it there for service from now on, even though it's a hike.

The service advisor actually called while I was typing this and said the car might be ready today...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 01:31 PM   #5
emoon3
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
KyleB is normally available to read this post, but he is not at his computer right now. Press pound if you would like to leave him a message. He will be available to read your post tomorrow.
MAYBE...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #6
AWcoupe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 240i xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M240  [0.00]
2015 BMW 235xi  [0.00]
You might want to check out BMW of Westchester which is in the White Plains area. I'm not vouching for them but it beats driving to Greenwich. I heard Greenwich can be a nightmare but I think all service situations can be potentially nightmarish depending on the specific problem. Hang in there!!
2009 BMW 328xi Alpine White-Traded
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #7
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
whenever you get a phone survey or email survey, give them the worst rating (1 star out of 5).

that'll probably ruin his day.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 03:46 PM   #8
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoon3 View Post

I live in Westchester, but I bought my car at Rallye. I'll be taking it there for service from now on, even though it's a hike.

The service advisor actually called while I was typing this and said the car might be ready today...
I don't know if it's too far from you, but I live in Forest Hills (Queens) and service my cars at Paul Miller in NJ since 2011 and they do a great job. I actually had a similar issue with my previous x6 where they had to replace all 8 injectors and I was able to get a loaner even though I didn;t reserve in advance.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 03:55 PM   #9
Uridian
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, 228i M Sport

I got my 228i at Westchester BMW and my recent drivetrain malfunction was cleared up pretty quickly and my service advisor kept me in the loop and returned my calls very promptly. Might be worth looking into.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 04:04 PM   #10
emoon3
Private
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys. I'll look into the recommendations.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 04:17 PM   #11
zipphreak
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m235xi

This totally sucks, and I can see that level of frustration. Most dealers don't have that personal touch, that you would expect, especially from a BMW dealership. I would expect this from a Chevy or Ford dealership. I got better dealer service at a Toyota dealership than 3/4 BMW dealerships that i spoke to when i bought my m235.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #12
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

I'm glad I don't have these problems. My dealer will drop a loner car at home while he takes mine in for servicing and drops it back when complete if I require. I enjoy calling into my dealer.
I've just had a problem with a couple of leaking o rings in the gearbox. The dealer gave me a new X4 3.2d m sport loner for a week and he made sure the tank was full.
He filled my car up with petrol free (it was almost empty) and gave me a bucket full of BMW cleaning/polish products for my patience.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 09:13 PM   #13
PowerBack
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i / F30 335i

I've been there once, will not go there again. :
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 11:28 PM   #14
Lord_Uzi
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoon3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post

I live here too.. Sent my car in for an inspection .. Took them 4 hours -__-
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 08:37 AM   #15
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Wow. That's some class A bullshit. Summaries are funny but I feel your pain. Absolutely unacceptable. Make sure you give them all poor ratings on the surveys and check that you want to be contacted by BMW of North America. It will effect them, dealerships make a big deal out of these survey's.

Normally in cases like this I feel bad for the SA also because they are just a middleman but yours doesn't seem interested in updating you at all until you basically forced his boss to tell him to.

You gotta feel out the advisers at your local BMW center, pick someone who seems friendly, always use them, tip them and the tech, send them a bottle of wine around the holidays, something. I cannot tell you how important it is to have an SA and Technician on your side when your vehicle goes in for service.
      08-03-2015, 08:10 AM   #16
rextilleon
Rep
Drives: 325I X Drive

Had something similar happen. After raising my voice, I convinced them to get me a rental car in lieu of a loaner---You might try that.
Appreciate 0