R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
fortressmaximus
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM M4

Rewind/Fast Forward of music

On my e92 m3, I was able to rewind and fast forward music using buttons on the steering wheel itself. This was very convenient.

On the M4, the only fast forward/rewind functionality I have seen so far is on the far right of the center console near the end of the programmable buttons.

Are there additional fast forward/rewind functions available on the m4 steering wheel/HUD or am I relegated to using those buttons on the center console?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #2
OrangeD1sco
Private
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortressmaximus View Post
On my e92 m3, I was able to rewind and fast forward music using buttons on the steering wheel itself. This was very convenient.

On the M4, the only fast forward/rewind functionality I have seen so far is on the far right of the center console near the end of the programmable buttons.

Are there additional fast forward/rewind functions available on the m4 steering wheel/HUD or am I relegated to using those buttons on the center console?

Thanks in advance!
I wondered how they could have excluded this functionality only to figure it out halfway through my ED trip. The scroll wheel on the right side of the steering wheel will allow you to ff/rw. One other nice feature is it shows the media info in the HUD when you do this.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #3
fortressmaximus
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeD1sco
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortressmaximus View Post

Thanks in advance!
I wondered how they could have excluded this functionality only to figure it out halfway through my ED trip. The scroll wheel on the right side of the steering wheel will allow you to ff/rw. One other nice feature is it shows the media info in the HUD when you do this.
Hey, thanks for your post! I've been regularly using the scroll wheel to go through my playlists. For example, when I scroll the wheel it loads my playlist and when I scroll up, it shows the scrolling up in the playlist on the HUD and vice versa. How are you manipulating the wheel to actually fast forward to a later point in a song or rewind to an earlier point in the song? If you push the scroller down on the song that is playing on the HUD it will restart to the beginning of the song but I can't actually rewind or fast forward within the song itself using the scroller. Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0