THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Parking Sensors?

11-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
Enovoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i - 15' M235i

Parking Sensors?

Hey guys I am looking to get a tow hook plate relocator from Us Mill work. I am just confused with the parking sensors. Can someone explain to me how I find out if my car has parking sensors or not. I have 2015 m235 x drive. Also is the quick release worth it? I don't plan on taking the plate off once it's on.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
If your car has the little dots on the bumpers (about 3/4 inch diameter 4 on front and back) then you have parkinf sensors.

However if you don't know if you have them you probabaly don't. They are activated if you have ever put your car into reverse and beep quite profusely working 4 feet of an obstacle.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
Enovoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i - 15' M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killramos View Post
If your car has the little dots on the bumpers (about 3/4 inch diameter 4 on front and back) then you have parkinf sensors.

However if you don't know if you have them you probabaly don't. They are activated if you have ever put your car into reverse and beep quite profusely working 4 feet of an obstacle.
Yup I don't have them thank you !
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 07:58 AM   #4
G4Z808
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: not yet

I think the QR is worth it. when purchased with the plate its cheaper than getting it by itself. And i wish i got it when i had the chance. If you ever do need to take the mount off and keep your install angle it is easier with the QR. without the QR you have to unscrew the 4 screws to get the mount off. But if you dont ever see yourself wanting to take it off, you'll be fine without it
Appreciate 0