Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #1
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

I went to have them looked at as there where making noise at low speed turn and breaking over 80mph cause massive vibration. My tech looked at them and measured the thickness all the way around the rotor. They where very uneven both front rotors. They had to order them but there are no parts in us or Germany. Thankfully they are covered under warranty due to manufacture defect.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
rmedeir1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW MW M4 - MPE, CCBs, all CF

Mine make noise here and there but no break shutter indicating uneven rotors. My issue is simply normal for these. Curious on root cause and if dealer was cooperative.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #3
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmedeir1
Mine make noise here and there but no break shutter indicating uneven rotors. My issue is simply normal for these. Curious on root cause and if dealer was cooperative.
Yeah I know squeal is normal, but heavy vibration while braking is not. I believe root cause is just a bad set of rotors. Bmw gives a range how much the thickness can vary. Mine where way off the charts. My friend is my tech so he did it no questions asked. I also went on a drive, with him driving and let him slam on the brakes at 100mph so he could see what I was talking about.
Appreciate 0