E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Noisy aircon - any ideas ?

09-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
sal_park
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91 325i manual

Noisy aircon - any ideas ?

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has come across this before, or has any ideas ? It's a 2008 E91 pre-LCI and I've owned it since Nov 2013. Today I notice that the aircon is noisy from inside the cabin - a sort of wooshing noise (clearly audiable at 40mph). Since I bought the car the aircon has worked fine (with no noise) and by turning the aircon on/off the noise stops/starts. I guess it could have developed a leak in the condenser, but clearly the compressor is still kicking in so there must be some pressure in the system. Can't really tell how well (or not) the aircon is working atm as it's not really hot here (uk).

As I'm typing this I'm remembering that over the last week or so I've noticed that air from the vents has been really really cold at points, especially given I always leave the temp set to 19 degrees C.

sp
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 03:10 AM   #2
sal_park
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91 325i manual

So I get in the car after work today, and no more noise, but it's all muggy and humid. I guess the noise I heard was the aircon shitting itself.

Happy days.

Appreciate 0