F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Paddle shifters behavior
GetBMWParts

09-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
antani1971
Rep
Drives: 320D GT Business (F34)

Paddle shifters behavior

one of the features documented in the user manual of my F34 built and delivered July (and equipped with 8-speed sport auto) is about forcing the return to D after using the paddles. This normally happens automatically, however one may decide to force returning to D by pulling both the paddles, or only the right one for a longer time.

This mentioned feature does not work and even the local BMW dealer does not know the exact reason why. Indeed they were not even aware of this as reported in the manual. And it's a pity, since I find the paddles useful but the time taken to return to D is really dependent on too many things, so it would be useful to force it when desired.

I have also report of this happening on a recent 2-series and I know that feature is not reported on earlier F3x user manuals from first half of 2014.

anyone has this working on own F34?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
It's designed that way. It did that on my F30 and also on a F32 I drove for a week.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 05:40 AM   #3
antani1971
Rep
Drives: 320D GT Business (F34)

actually this is also what the test guy said in BMW. However the feature I mention appears as a new introduction (since it was not in the user manuals before) and not even the test guy was aware of it being reported on manual.

it could be an error in the manual and it would be nice to have an answer from BMW. Local dealer promised me one but did not come back to me yet.
Appreciate 0