THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Anyone have success coding "Press clutch not needed to start car"?

07-17-2014, 03:14 AM   #1
HX_Guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Anyone have success coding "Press clutch not needed to start car"?

I got my cable from Antonio today and got everything up and running, coded a ton of things and everything works great except for one that I really wanted.

I changed the value from aktiv to nicht_aktiv under FEM_BODY - 3020→TCM_STARTLOCK_CLUTCH and while the message on the dash display about "Depress clutch to start engine" disappeared, the car will not start (sounded like the fuel pump was coming on and then nothing). On the contrary, it actually has a harder time starting even if I pressed the clutch in, it stalled out on me several times right after start up.

I tried setting it back to aktiv and then doing the process all over again and still no luck.

Any ideas?

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 02:13 PM   #2
SJL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i F22

I have this coded to my car.

Basically, it's press ignition button once for electronics and pumps , press and hold ignition button for engine to crank.

Great for smokers. Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #3
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJL View Post

Basically, it's press ignition button once for electronics and pumps , press and hold ignition button for engine to crank.

Great for smokers. Lol
interesting, i thought once coded hitting the ignition button once would start the engine, which would be inconvenient because sometimes I do need to start the iDrive only. Is it the same with auto transmission? i.e. press and hold the ignition to start the engine and press once to start iDrive only?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
SJL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lichenlt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJL View Post

Great for smokers. Lol
interesting, i thought once coded hitting the ignition button once would start the engine, which would be inconvenient because sometimes I do need to start the iDrive only. Is it the same with auto transmission? i.e. press and hold the ignition to start the engine and press once to start iDrive only?
That is correct .

New Procedures is as mentioned:

- press once for iDrive and pumps
- press a second time and hold to crank engine
Appreciate 0