E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Difference between 335i 2010 M-sport and Sport package look ( front bumper)

07-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
sammysolis
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335D Sport pkg , 2010

Difference between 335i 2010 M-sport and Sport package look ( front bumper)

Hi All,

I'm having trouble in differentiating between the M-sport and sports look on a E90 335i 2010.

are the european M-sport of the 2010 335i different front end look?

These are the "same" kind of model but different front ends

http://www.garnettmotorcars.com/web/....google.com%2F

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/156...iew-test-drive
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #2
revelocity_paulo
Revelocity Web Director
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M-Paket

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysolis View Post
Hi All,

I'm having trouble in differentiating between the M-sport and sports look on a E90 335i 2010.

The first link (garnettmotorcars.com) is straight up lying to you. that is not an M-Sport package AT ALL! Their ad says it is, but it ain't.

The second link (automotiveaddicts.com) is a legit one. The difference is the front bumper. M-Sport has a bigger grille opening at the bottom as well as the fogs.

Alpine White E90 M Sport | M Performance Exhaust | ST Coilovers | CF Splitters & Lip | CF Spoiler | CF Diffuser | CF Side Mirrors | Gloss Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof | Orion V4 | Linea Corse LC818 | IG: @revelocity_paulo | Website: www.revelocityevents.com
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #3
revelocity_paulo
Revelocity Web Director
United_States
Rep

ok, after I've looked at the photos on the first link, now I am confused. The steering wheel has the ///M logo, which probably has the M-Sport package then... But the front bumper isn't. Now I know why you are confused. It could have the M-Sport package, but the front is NOT. My bad. LOL

Alpine White E90 M Sport | M Performance Exhaust | ST Coilovers | CF Splitters & Lip | CF Spoiler | CF Diffuser | CF Side Mirrors | Gloss Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof | Orion V4 | Linea Corse LC818 | IG: @revelocity_paulo | Website: www.revelocityevents.com
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #4
austinla335d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysolis View Post
Hi All,

That car has the M-Sport wheels, an M3 spoiler (giveaway that its been aftermarket modded) and the M-Sport steering wheel trim on a regular Sport steering wheel. It is not an M-Sport.

The front, rear and side skirts are standard affair. Another thing to check on is the anthracite headliner, and if all else fails, suspension. The M-Sport has different springs, and for some reason, a smaller diameter rear sway bar.

If they want to argue that it is and you've proven it is not, the last step is to check on whether or not the speed limiter is increased to 155mph or not.

Long story short, it most certainly is not a factory M-Sport. I believe there's a site where you can punch in the VIN or the last 7 of the VIN to get the build date and other info... I can't remember if that is true or not.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #5
austinla335d
Captain
United_States
Rep

After taking a second look, they posted details on the vehicle build, but they fabricated so much of it that I can't tell what is legitimate and what they simply altered when they made the ad.

It appears that this is an old ad anyhow, as the car is extremely overpriced.

For reference, the M-Sport steering wheel has a dimpled look (see below), M door sills, and all the crap I mentioned above.

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #6
sammysolis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinla335d View Post
That car has the M-Sport wheels, an M3 spoiler (giveaway that its been aftermarket modded) and the M-Sport steering wheel trim on a regular Sport steering wheel. It is not an M-Sport.

The front, rear and side skirts are standard affair. Another thing to check on is the anthracite headliner, and if all else fails, suspension. The M-Sport has different springs, and for some reason, a smaller diameter rear sway bar.

If they want to argue that it is and you've proven it is not, the last step is to check on whether or not the speed limiter is increased to 155mph or not.

Long story short, it most certainly is not a factory M-Sport. I believe there's a site where you can punch in the VIN or the last 7 of the VIN to get the build date and other info... I can't remember if that is true or not.
Awesome man , thank you for the feedback! it would be awesome to know the website to check for myself to see if even my car is a M-tech or not...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 05:14 PM   #7
sammysolis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
After taking a second look, they posted details on the vehicle build, but they fabricated so much of it that I can't tell what is legitimate and what they simply altered when they made the ad.

For reference, the M-Sport steering wheel has a dimpled look (see below), M door sills, and all the crap I mentioned above.

I think that wheel is from the early BMWs not an E90 ... or am i wrong ?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #8
austinla335d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysolis
Quote:

I think that wheel is from the early BMWs not an E90 ... or am i wrong ?
That picture is not an E90, but that is the only M-Sport steering wheel and E90 ever came with.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #9
E9TOU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
Punch in the last 7 digits of the VIN onto this website and it'll reveal every option installed on the car from the factory.

http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

Based on the website, that first one looks like it is in fact an M-Sport. The different bumpers might be a warning sign that it was involved in an accident and those were replaced. Everything else is M-Sport though, the wheels, PDC, black headliner, steering wheel, honeycomb trim.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #10
revelocity_paulo
Revelocity Web Director
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E9TOU View Post
Punch in the last 7 digits of the VIN onto this website and it'll reveal every option installed on the car from the factory.

Based on the website, that first one looks like it is in fact an M-Sport. The different bumpers might be a warning sign that it was involved in an accident and those were replaced. Everything else is M-Sport though, the wheels, PDC, black headliner, steering wheel, honeycomb trim.
Sucks to be a buyer of it for not having an M Sport front and rear bumper. It's just weird if it had an accident. that means it was hit front and back. And whoever fixed it fucked it up for not replacing it with proper parts.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #11
sammysolis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3DEEMED View Post
Sucks to be a buyer of it for not having an M Sport front and rear bumper. It's just weird if it had an accident. that means it was hit front and back. And whoever fixed it fucked it up for not replacing it with proper parts.

Thanks Guys,

SO i found out that my car is a Sports package , not M-Tech

no biggy...

just got a lip so i should be posting soon.

I just dont know how to post pics on this forum lol cant just upload the JPEG it has to be through internet ?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #12
sammysolis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E9TOU View Post

Thank you for the website , it's perfect , spelled out everything my car has lol.

Its not a full M-Sport however it does have the M-Sport suspension which is sweet ( its a Sport package car)
Appreciate 0