THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack wheels?

06-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #1
newto2
Registered
Rep
Drives: Land Rover LR3

wheels?

I have read on here that you can't put concave or larger wheels on the 2 and that there aren't many available, but what about these on ebay motors? They apparently fir the m235i and are both:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lorenzo-WL-0...421faa&vxp=mtr

or does it require some new offsets? Also, I have not idea what that even means.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #2
HX_Guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

I think you'd have a very hard time fitting those because of the diameter. With a 20" wheel, even a 30 series tire will be bigger than stock diameter so you'd probably have rubbing issues and your speedometer would be off.

Then the other issue is the offset. Stock is ET52 in the back with an 8" wide wheel. Those are ET38 with an 8.5" wide wheel which means the wheel would stick out 20.35mm more than the stock wheels do (14 coming from the offset 52 - 38 = 14 and 6.35 from the wheel being wider....25" = 12.7mm divided by 2 because it's added to both sides of the wheel).
Appreciate 0