E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Really fed up with vendor lies.

06-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #1
paprmkr
BMW Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 M60 w/M-Performance ki

Really fed up with vendor lies.

have you ever had a vendor pitch the world about their product then when you buy their product is sucks. when you confront them about the result they make excuses of why quality isn't even right. they said sometimes it happens. but i reminded them about the advertisement. which turn out the results was exactly what they claimed they didn't do. I Had this experience lately. even their website has it advertised. I am talking about a chrome plating co. on website they have competitor (which shows chrome finish with lots of imperfections) then they show theirs which looks even and no scratches. so i take my wheels and when i get them they look like shit. scratches around every bars. some areas look dull but what got me mad was that they didn't even think they should do anything. even when they acknowledged that quality wasn't at par. i told them that i wanted it repaired. but they said that stripping the chrome it is very hard. (which it could be true) but can't be the reason they didn't want to correct the issue. so i asked the basically the options i have was to take them as is or possibly i get a worse chrome job. they said yes. i kept complaining to management and even recently at bimmerfest. they then said if i take an other set i will get good discount. so recently l purchase wheels and wasn't planning to have them do work, just want to see what kind of discount. well it was a $50 discount (maybe) and that was for mounting my tires on new set. sorry for rant but beware of CalChrome in Valencia. Jaime was my rep.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 12:07 AM   #2
1chanc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i

I know this may be extreme, but it sounds like you already tried the most civil way of dealing with the situation by talking to them and have gone nowhere, but you can threaten to sue them- take them to small claims court.

Have you used the wheels that had the defects? If not, excellent. If you've already mounted and driven on the wheels, they may argue that you damaged them yourself.
Take lots of pictures.

If you take them to small claims court, you may even be able to sue them for a new set of wheels because they "ruined" your original pair due to the chroming process. Removing chrome correctly is actually a pretty delicate process. Some places uses a form of acid, which may corrode the wheel itself.

Good luck
      06-19-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
paprmkr
BMW Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 M60 w/M-Performance ki

thanks and i wish i had the time to do small claims. whats funny when i went in with other set of wheels i got different rep. he showed me a wheel that they just finished for another customer. the wheel had the same issue so i told him about they will do. he suddenly had to take a call and since my rep was another he will let that person know i came by. hahaha
i only posted to make you guys aware. you know i was even going to give them another shot. im in the service business and shit happens but they didnt even want to make it right didnt care of the results. cant deal with vendors like that.
Appreciate 0