New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

04-22-2016, 09:07 PM   #353
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
The first step in solving a problem is admitting that you have a problem. Thankfully Danny boy appears to have admitted to himself that he has no idea what he is doing. Do I like that? We'll find out in September.

Now back to hockey. Can the Caps put Philly out to pasture tonight? Only if they come out fast in the first 10 minutes. Forecheck, forecheck, forecheck.
Woahh...Caps dominated in every category except blocked shots...44 shots to 11..can't blame the caps for everything.credit to the Flyers.
      04-22-2016, 09:27 PM   #354
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Woahh...Caps dominated in every category except blocked shots...44 shots to 11..can't blame the caps for everything.credit to the Flyers.
This was the most infuriating game of hockey I can remember watching live. Just one of those games where you win in ever major stat but the one that matters. Fucking props to Neuv.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 09:32 PM   #355
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
This was the most infuriating game of hockey I can remember watching live. Just one of those games where you win in ever major stat but the one that matters. Fucking props to Neuv.
I'm not watching...at work and can only stream real time info via NHL.com. But with stats like that it really only means one thing as far as putting any blame on the Caps: did not get in his eyes. That's one of those games where a team wonder what else can they do..well..that's the answer.
      04-22-2016, 11:26 PM   #356
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Just as I left my soccer game Sharks go up 3-0. I just got home in time to see 'king guys tie it up

Curious, why is it EVERY team in every sport is so good with their "Beat LA" chant???
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 11:43 PM   #357
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Just as I left my soccer game Sharks go up 3-0. I just got home in time to see 'king guys tie it up

Curious, why is it EVERY team in every sport is so good with their "Beat LA" chant???
Make sure you don't leave yer set uncle. King's tying it up...would not expect anything less from them. I'm hoping to get home to see the first OT.
      04-22-2016, 11:45 PM   #358
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Final score 6-7
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 12:23 AM   #359
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Let's go Ducks
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 02:13 AM   #360
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Revenge!! That's it. In all honesty, and I mean it...I kind of feel bad seeing the Kings go down in the first round. They are a much better team than many teams going to 2nd round.
      04-23-2016, 02:21 AM   #361
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 E92 335is

Garage List
I'll join in on the chat...

Kings fought hard all series but took some really poorly timed penalties that would end up costing them. But idk, in the end the Sharks just looked like the better team the whole time

Ducks just cannot seem to win at home in the playoffs the last few years, I don't understand it.

I hate the rangers with a passion, however I need them to lose the series in 6 games so that I get bonus points in my playoffs pool.

As much as I hate both teams, I think I would much rather see the Flyers complete the miracle comeback and win the series...mainly so that the Islanders don't have to play them later on should it come to that.

I really hope the Islanders can bring it home on Sunday. I've got tickets to the game and it would be awesome to be there when/if they win their first playoff series since I was in diapers. I have suffered enough, already.
'07 E93 335i 6AT, Platinum Bronze Metallic/Cream Beige [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 02:26 AM   #362
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
With the NHL season about to start, who's everyone's team?? I'm a diehard LA Kings fan...hoping to see a strong season and deep playoff run from them
BTW, I just came across this thread for the first time (I am a n00b around here, as I'm sure you can all see) and I lol'd when I read this first post. not in an "in your face" kind of way, but more in a "¯\_(ツ)_/¯ " kind of way.

I'm sorry, OP. RIP to your playoff hopes an dreams. may your Kings have better luck next season.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 02:34 AM   #363
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilg1993 View Post

Kings fought hard all series but took some really poorly timed penalties that would end up costing them. But idk, in the end the Sharks just looked like the better team the whole time

Ducks just cannot seem to win at home in the playoffs the last few years, I don't understand it.

I hate the rangers with a passion, however I need them to lose the series in 6 games so that I get bonus points in my playoffs pool.

As much as I hate both teams, I think I would much rather see the Flyers complete the miracle comeback and win the series...mainly so that the Islanders don't have to play them later on should it come to that.

I really hope the Islanders can bring it home on Sunday. I've got tickets to the game and it would be awesome to be there when/if they win their first playoff series since I was in diapers. I have suffered enough, already.
Thanks for jumping in...I've been trying to get this thread active being a hockey fan..will..post more tomorrow when I'm more coherent
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 02:45 AM   #364
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for jumping in...I've been trying to get this thread active being a hockey fan..will..post more tomorrow when I'm more coherent
Of course! I'm very glad to have found an NHL thread on here. Been a die hard Isles fan my whole life and I'm a big fan of the sport in general.

looking forward to some spirited playoff discussions the next couple months
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 11:12 AM   #365
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I've been a die-hard fan since 1984. I really think I mean it when I say I am done watching the Caps after this year. They just can't get it done. ever. EVER. After watching games 4 and 5 I am 100% convinced they will not win a Stanley Cup in my lifetime.

I mean, even if they do get past the Flyers, do you really think the team we watched play last night can beat the Penguins? Seriously? Zippy, ZIPPY chance.
Last night was a microcosm of the Capitals entire existence; achieve everything there is to achieve except for the one thing that matters most.
They don't call them the cardiac Caps for nothing.

I'm done. I just made dinner reservations for Sunday evening at a nice restaurant that doesn't have TVs. I'm sure there will be a withdrawal period, but I'll find something else to occupy my time with.

Bye Caps. I mean it this time. No, really.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 11:24 AM   #366
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Ohh my god last night's Isles game. So many heart attacks in 2OTs
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 11:55 AM   #367
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I've been a die-hard fan since 1984. I really think I mean it when I say I am done watching the Caps after this year. They just can't get it done. ever. EVER. After watching games 4 and 5 I am 100% convinced they will not win a Stanley Cup in my lifetime.

I mean, even if they do get past the Flyers, do you really think the team we watched play last night can beat the Penguins? Seriously? Zippy, ZIPPY chance.
Last night was a microcosm of the Capitals entire existence; achieve everything there is to achieve except for the one thing that matters most.

I'm done. I just made dinner reservations for Sunday evening at a nice restaurant that doesn't have TVs. I'm sure there will be a withdrawal period, but I'll find something else to occupy my time with.

Hey Man, that's how I feel about the Sharks...choke after choke...you have to not get your expectations up and take it if it comes. Like winning $100 on a scratch off ticket--hard to do but when it happens it is pretty cool. There have been several years where the Sharks were predicted to be a serious contender for the cup and then they play and beat themselves. Your not done. Go Caps!! Make it to the finals against the Sharks and then one of us will truly be disappointed.
      04-23-2016, 12:04 PM   #368
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:

That would be cool to be at the game when they win the series--Islanders are in the driver's seat now. I don't think you have to worry about the Rangers...they got stomped on and probably will choke the next game.

While the Ducks have came back, I'm pretty surprised to see them locked up with Nashville. I would prefer to get the Preds next round, but the way the Ducks are playing can't really fear them. They are basically the Kings with a different jersey--big, physical and mean. I think that was the downfall of the Kings--they didn't just be physical--they tried to be too physical and took penalities. All in all, I still maintain while it was 4-1 the series was marginally close. We didn't kick their ass, we squeaked by.
      04-23-2016, 03:21 PM   #369
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

If the caps cannot close out the Flyers, that would be one of the most embarrassing playoff collapses that I could ever remember. They should've walked them in 4 games, and now they're giving them a shot. with game 6 back in Philly, I think the Flyers absolutely get it to 7, and if the caps cannot hold serve at home, I would certainly laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Ohh my god last night's Isles game. So many heart attacks in 2OTs
Tell me about it. That OT penalty shot!? are you freaking kidding me!? That was some wild stuff...it was the right call by the referee tho.

I had purchased tickets for game 6 yesterday afternoon, prior to the start of the game. I would've been devastated had the cats netted one in OT and then have to go to the game on Sunday with my boys facing elimination. I was at game 6 in 2013 when Brooks Opik rang that howitzer off all 3 pipes and in from the point in OT to send them packing
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 03:29 PM   #370
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That would be cool to be at the game when they win the series--Islanders are in the driver's seat now. I don't think you have to worry about the Rangers...they got stomped on and probably will choke the next game.

While the Ducks have came back, I'm pretty surprised to see them locked up with Nashville. I would prefer to get the Preds next round, but the way the Ducks are playing can't really fear them. They are basically the Kings with a different jersey--big, physical and mean. I think that was the downfall of the Kings--they didn't just be physical--they tried to be too physical and took penalities. All in all, I still maintain while it was 4-1 the series was marginally close. We didn't kick their ass, we squeaked by.
yea, hopefully they can finish the job tomorrow...they have notoriously been unable to win back-to-back playoff games for years and years. Rags came out firing early today, but the Pens responded well. pretty good game thus far.

Exactly. The Ducks are a very physically tough team, and that was exactly what was wrong with LA...they tried to out muscle the sharks all series and wound up shooting themselves in the foot. Was definitely a closer series than the final tally would indicate. SJ/LA is always fun in the postseason.

And I wouldn't sleep on the Preds if I were you, they have a lot of offensive weapons, as do the Sharks, of course. I'm definitely pulling for Nashville in that series, probably mostly because I was one of 3 people who picked them to win in my pool. Sometimes I also wonder if I dislike the Ducks because they play at the Honda Center
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 03:58 PM   #371
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Exactly. The Ducks are a very physically tough team, and that was exactly what was wrong with LA...they tried to out muscle the sharks all series and wound up shooting themselves in the foot. Was definitely a closer series than the final tally would indicate. SJ/LA is always fun in the postseason.

And I wouldn't sleep on the Preds if I were you, they have a lot of offensive weapons, as do the Sharks, of course. I'm definitely pulling for Nashville in that series, probably mostly because I was one of 3 people who picked them to win in my pool. Sometimes I also wonder if I dislike the Ducks because they play at the Honda Center
I'm not downplaying the Preds at all...Rinne is in my opinion of the best and hardest to get goals on. I've seen him shut the Sharks down and all they need is a couple goals. And if the Preds beat the Ducks that says something as well, like they are firing on all cylinders...that's playoff hockey..sometimes it doesn't matter who is better on paper but who is cohesive right now. Look at the Caps...beating everybody up all season and now looking iffy. Don't know if they are coming down from a plateau.

Look at the Penguins--hottest team in hockey for the last few weeks of the season and it has carried over to the playoffs.
      04-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #372
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:

While I'm glad we weren't choke artists in the first round and came out with the win I'm fucking terrified about the reality of playing the Pens in round 2. They are playing fucking lights out hockey and they had our number late in the regular season.

It's going to be a rough fucking series. With that I'll add this one thing. Sydney Crosby is the kind of guy who reads Goosebumps with the lights on.

EDIT: Also, since it's easy to jump on the "Philly fans are assholes" circle jerk (I'm guilty of it too), props to them standing by their team in Game 6. Even after the third period was over you could hear them applauding and chanting "LET'S GO FLYERS". Good on them, they put up a hell of a fight (unexpectedly), but still....fuck the Flyers.

Last edited by fecurtis; 04-24-2016 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 10:27 PM   #373
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:

I had purchased tickets for game 6 yesterday afternoon, prior to the start of the game. I would've been devastated had the cats netted one in OT and then have to go to the game on Sunday with my boys facing elimination. I was at game 6 in 2013 when Brooks Opik rang that howitzer off all 3 pipes and in from the point in OT to send them packing
Congratulations! Must have been great with your boys, if they stayed awake..haha
      04-24-2016, 10:29 PM   #374
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Stars, bitch.

Pretty exciting stuff--congratulations!! Seemed like the defense "let" the charging Wild get back into it. Luckily the Stars had the firepower to stay a jump ahead.