New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Closed Thread

03-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #67
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedogg View Post
whoa nelly. can't we all just get along?

i think he was just ribbing you jokingly...hence the emoticon.

Oops. Sorry if that's the case.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 09:01 PM   #68
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedogg View Post
whoa nelly. can't we all just get along?
2) I took my mom to the Mazda dealership to show her the car I was going to get. She said it looked like a car that my sister would drive...i.e. effeminate. That did it for me.

I personally didn't care about the badge prestige of the BMW or other factors.

I still quite like the RX-8...despite my mom's comment. Heh.
I don't think the RX-8 is any more effeminate than an S2000. Maybe a little less masculine than a Porsche. But it is my wife's car, rather than mine. I had a significant role in her getting the RX-8 rather than a Mitsubishi Eclipse . It is effeminate with the license plate frames she put on it (these pictures don't show all the crystals).

I took some pictures just for you. Does it look effeminate?
Attached Images

Last edited by scottwww; 03-12-2007 at 09:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 10:53 PM   #69
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: Debadged

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I don't think the RX-8 is any more effeminate than an S2000. Maybe a little less masculine than a Porsche. But it is my wife's car, rather than mine. I had a significant role in her getting the RX-8 rather than a Mitsubishi Eclipse . It is effeminate with the license plate frames she put on it (these pictures don't show all the crystals).

I took some pictures just for you. Does it look effeminate?
Well...I agree with what reviewers said on Top Gear...in that the RX-8 looks effeminate because it is more petite...and dainty looking...what with it's Wankel rotary engine. Of course, because of that...it's a very nimble and nippy car.

In comparison for example, the 350z with a big torquey V6 and wide flared rear arches kind of seems like a big "butch" car.

Of course in the end...image shouldn't really matter...we should all get what makes us grin. Unless you track or compete a lot...in which case you should just buy a old JDM (they sell used R33 Skylines here), stick turbos into it and convert it into a track-day car.

ps. Scott...I vote that both you and your wife should debadge the rears.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 10:59 PM   #70
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanh8 View Post
I hate to burst the bubble on your illogical attempt at psychology but the reason I hate RX-8's is nothing close to your idiot deduction. I hate them because I used to own an S2000 and I think alot of the styling of that car they ripped off of Honda's design. Along with the inferior performance it provides for the price, I have no reason to like it.

So basically, your retarded.
an s2000 has doesn't really look much like the rx8. secondly, the s2k ripped off on the rx8's taillights in their 2nd generations.

inferior performance ~ in regard to torque, perhaps. handling, no... you're completely "retarded" on that as the rx8 (with it's inferior performance) has posted nearly identical, if not faster, track times... this has been discussed on this forum before.

And yea, you do fit the BMW stereotype... congrats, and don't go knocking people right away when they really don't insult you--but rather, confront you on your reasonings.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 11:00 PM   #71
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep

scottwww, goood choice in cars... i like it.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #72
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P_to_E90 View Post
an s2000 has doesn't really look much like the rx8. secondly, the s2k ripped off on the rx8's taillights in their 2nd generations.

inferior performance ~ in regard to torque, perhaps. handling, no... you're completely "retarded" on that as the rx8 (with it's inferior performance) has posted nearly identical, if not faster, track times... this has been discussed on this forum before.

And yea, you do fit the BMW stereotype... congrats, and don't go knocking people right away when they really don't insult you--but rather, confront you on your reasonings.
Given identical drivers, the S2000 annhialates an RX-8 on the track. Need me to post the link the Best Motoring track comparo of the S2K, RX-8, Boxter, 350Z, and M3? If I remember correctly, it came in DEAD LAST, waaaaay behind the S2000.

But I will admit, like I already did in this thread, I was wrong about the ripped off styling comment though I still don't like the way it looks.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 11:21 PM   #73
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just for shits and giggles.

Track Laps
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 01:46 AM   #74
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Portal

I was disappointed with the RX-8 when I drove it, the MX-5 was awesome though. Yeah, this is totally unrelated.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 04:20 AM   #75
seph
TIME's person of the year
Rep

Drives: 06 ML500; 07 CLK550

haha i love how you decided to dedicate a post to your little childish victory.

grow up dude, and stop being such a cynical prick.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 08:40 AM   #76
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seph View Post
haha i love how you decided to dedicate a post to your little childish victory.

grow up dude, and stop being such a cynical prick.
Get lost. If you want to hate, go somewhere else. This post wasn't meant to be about a "childish victory." It was about the pleasure I took in how quick the my car was. If you want to debate about the RX-8 I'll oblige but nobody wants to hear your riduculous rant.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #77
serge
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: '11 M3 ZCP (Sold) / '06 C6 Z06

Quote:
Get lost. If you want to hate, go somewhere else. This post wasn't meant to be about a "childish victory." It was about the pleasure I took in how quick the my car was. If you want to debate about the RX-8 I'll oblige but nobody wants to hear your riduculous rant.
Congrats on the kill. The guy driving the RX8 probably thought that your car was a 325i.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 10:54 PM   #78
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
nor does anyone care to hear your heedless childish bullshit.
remember, many on this thread were going against you -- besides the occasional few. congrats on pulling on an rx8 when you have >100lbs of torque over it.

pat yourself on the shoulder bud.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2007, 10:57 PM   #79
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: e90 330xi

plus. the rx8 looks sexier than a 335.
      03-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #80
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
nor does anyone care to hear your heedless childish bullshit.
remember, many on this thread were going against you -- besides the occasional few. congrats on pulling on an rx8 when you have >100lbs of torque over it.

pat yourself on the shoulder bud.
How fucking stupid are you? How many times do I have to say that I don't care that I beat an RX-8? Can you not understand what I am typing? You are the only one caught up on that. And btw, there are just as many responses in this thread that understand this as there are who aren't. But, again, your showing that you have a selective memory.

And like I said before, if you don't like it, get the hell out of the thread you retard. Nobody is forcing you to be here.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 12:48 AM   #81
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How fucking stupid are you? How many times do I have to say that I don't care that I beat an RX-8? Can you not understand what I am typing? You are the only one caught up on that. And btw, there are just as many responses in this thread that understand this as there are who aren't. But, again, your showing that you have a selective memory.

And like I said before, if you don't like it, get the hell out of the thread you retard. Nobody is forcing you to be here.
whoa, lots of bad mouthing here... you kiss your mother with that mouth, or does mommy just fucking breast feed you and drop you on ur fucking head and spoil you with a bimmer...

as for dumb -- yeaa.. let's call it that. dumb as in i'm currently attending one of the top academic institutions in the entire fucking nation -- what the fuck do you have to show for? dumbass...

selective memory? no... sorry.... perhaps is more along the lines of how fucking dumb you are that i'm caught up on. Kiss my fucking ass and next time, go race a fucking civic... while you're at it, jump out, and go play in the fucking highway.

dumbass rat bastard. tell your mother i said thank you for dropping you on the head a few too many times.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 07:48 AM   #82
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
whoa, lots of bad mouthing here... you kiss your mother with that mouth, or does mommy just fucking breast feed you and drop you on ur fucking head and spoil you with a bimmer...

as for dumb -- yeaa.. let's call it that. dumb as in i'm currently attending one of the top academic institutions in the entire fucking nation -- what the fuck do you have to show for? dumbass...

selective memory? no... sorry.... perhaps is more along the lines of how fucking dumb you are that i'm caught up on. Kiss my fucking ass and next time, go race a fucking civic... while you're at it, jump out, and go play in the fucking highway.

dumbass rat bastard. tell your mother i said thank you for dropping you on the head a few too many times.

Since you are so smart... here's an equation for you....

Loser = Dipshit(x) who goes on the internet and posts about how much they make and/or how good of a college they go to.

Now, when we simplify the equation, we come up with this simple answer... You're an idiot.

Are you done crying yet? I'm starting to get bored.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #83
serge
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: '11 M3 ZCP (Sold) / '06 C6 Z06

any moderators in this forum? Chill out guys
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #84
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

this thread needs to be closed...
      03-16-2007, 03:37 PM   #85
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: Debadged

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #86
Simple1
Major
No_Country
Rep

Drives: G05 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:

selective memory? no... sorry.... perhaps is more along the lines of how fucking dumb you are that I'm caught up on. Kiss my fucking ass and next time, go race a fucking civic... while you're at it, jump out, and go play in the fucking highway.

dumb-ass rat bastard. tell your mother i said thank you for dropping you on the head a few too many times.
what does your college have to with your intelligence? we all know Dubya went to Yale and he sure as hell is the sharpest tool in some dummies book but certainly not mine.

I think when posting on boards too many get caught up in how the presumed what the individual meant, as though it were a personal attack, why bother? It is the internet, you do not see nor hear any vocal association with what's being said.

To the OP, i found nothing wrong with what you said, someone was acting like a dick trying to cut you off, you stopped him from that by cutting him off simple. Now would I have done that most likely not because the person in that RX-8 and I aren't going the same way and I'm too afraid of someone else running the light from the crossing traffic so I hardly ever jump-off from a red light. that's just me though. If it happened on the highway with no one in my way there is no telling what I would have done, I might have hit the limiter (which I've done several times, lol). I know you love driving this car with all those horses.

F80 M3 Euro Delivered = Gone too Soon

e90 335i debadged = Gone but not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #87
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
Germany
Rep

Drives: '07 335i Tief Gruen

Wow. What a child. Hope you do a little growing up at your "institution".
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 05:32 PM   #88
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep

i still have a few years left before growing up and settling down. Thanks~
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread