New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

04-28-2016, 03:02 PM   #397
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Glacier silver F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Yeah man it sucks to see him lose in game 7.....again.
I love it, lol...dude is a prick in real life
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 04:49 PM   #398
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
I love it, lol...dude is a prick in real life
Haha man we liked him when he was in Washington...aside from always choking in the postseason.

He was also hilarious on Hard Knocks. Dude cursed all the time.

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 12:49 AM   #399
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 E92 335is

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
It was looking like a runaway for the Isles but as always a comeback was evident. As least they hung on and took one in Tampa. You know Greiss started with the Sharks?

Once again, if the Sharks can solve Rinne then we got it--I have seen him shut us down before, where we dominated, many shots and can only muster one goal. Every team has a different dynamic, and while the Preds took out a heavy hitter in the Ducks I see them a step under the Kings. I'm going Sharks in 6.

It's hard to say about Boudreau...maybe his time is done...going out in first round for a team picked as one of the most likely to win a cup at beginning of the season is hard to swallow. This playoff format is brutal as three top teams (and all recent Champs) have went down in first round.
Oh wow, didn't realize that Greiss got his start over in SJ. looks like he bounced around in free agency from SJ to Phoenix then on to Pittsburgh and eventually landed in our laps. and from looking it up apparently I share a birthday with him; interesting stuff.

I think the fat mans time is up in Anaheim...pretty big disappointment really to get bounced like that in the first round with those expectations, let alone his failures in playoff's past. I think its about time for Quack's fans to roll his ass outta town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Was it the Islanders' coach who caught the puck in his jaw? Didn't get an update during the second game.
yea, took it just on the right of his nose under the eye. looked pretty bad at first and came back with a nasty looking mark next period. it was kind of funny tho because that was about when the Isles began to fall apart . its always a big joke among Islanders fans how Capuano (isles head coach) looks like a mafia boss...he's so Italian it hurts lol

@ that link you posted, fecurtis
'07 E93 335i 6AT, Platinum Bronze Metallic/Cream Beige [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 01:08 AM   #400
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
btw, who saw this? I think this is hilarious...almost feel bad for the poor guy, but then again, every time he takes a shit for the rest of his life, he can think about how Gary Boatman's face is actually in the toilet, literally inches away from the shit that he truly is

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nhl/daylen...ed-on-his-ass/

this was another one that I loved. twitter is full of great entertainment this time of year...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilver...rMJ#.fb7NyAoXB
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 05:44 AM   #401
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep

Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilg1993 View Post
btw, who saw this? I think this is hilarious...almost feel bad for the poor guy, but then again, every time he takes a shit for the rest of his life, he can think about how Gary Boatman's face is actually in the toilet, literally inches away from the shit that he truly is

this was another one that I loved. twitter is full of great entertainment this time of year...

Yesssss... that second link is hilarious.

"How can someone have beef with a guy alllll the way down there." - lol
      04-29-2016, 10:34 AM   #402
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:

Great stories. Getting that tattoo on his ass--what a fucking moron. I would have ate my words and sucked it up--rather be an idiot for a day than the rest of my life.
      04-29-2016, 12:16 PM   #403
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Great stories. Getting that tattoo on his ass--what a fucking moron. I would have ate my words and sucked it up--rather be an idiot for a day than the rest of my life.
Yeah the guy who was live tweeting his first hockey game got the hook up from St Louis with free tickets. He responded whether or not he should bring a jacket. Reebok replied telling him not to worry about it and that they'll hook him up with free Blues swag.

Pretty cool by both the Blues and Reebok.

PS the Pens/Caps series only just started and I don't think my heart can take it.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #404
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah the guy who was live tweeting his first hockey game got the hook up from St Louis with free tickets. He responded whether or not he should bring a jacket. Reebok replied telling him not to worry about it and that they'll hook him up with free Blues swag.

PS the Pens/Caps series only just started and I don't think my heart can take it.
I'm calling the Pens/Caps series probably the most intense...top season team vs hottest team.
      04-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #405
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Stars / Blues tonight! Go Stars
Ruff vs Hitchcock & Roussel vs Ott should both be interesting.
Big question is will Dallas get any goaltending......
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 03:03 PM   #406
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135 View Post
That is a good question. Bigger question is how will the Stars deal with the physicality of the Blues. While the Stars are the top seed and have proven they can win many games, I consider them an underdog here. That being said, I still want to see Stars vs Sharks 3rd round. I still remember that year the Stars took game 7 in double OT.
      04-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #407
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

yes, I thought that was a great gesture by the Blues. did not realize that Reebok gave him the hookup, too...thats awesome.

BTW Boudreau's fat ass was fired today...in all honesty, I'm a bit surprised they didn't just let him go as they skated off the ice in shame the other night after that game 7 loss

shaping up to be an incredible series already. goddamn TJ Oshie is messing up my pick for points leader this round in my pool by recording a hat trick last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135 View Post
Stars' goaltending will definitely be the difference in this series. If their guys show up to play consistently, Dallas can win easily. However, if they continue to be shaky then I'm afraid the Blues might steamroll them all the way back to the golf course
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 03:23 PM   #408
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That is a good question. Bigger question is how will the Stars deal with the physicality of the Blues. While the Stars are the top seed and have proven they can win many games, I consider them an underdog here. That being said, I still want to see Stars vs Sharks 3rd round. I still remember that year the Stars took game 7 in double OT.
good point about the physicality...I never really gave it that much thought, but it will be a big factor as St. Louis is definitely a harder hitting team. I feel like I may have made a mistake by picking Dallas to win in 7 games. only time will tell, I guess

funny thing also; the thing about the Blues being a more physical team really rings a bell with me from a childhood game (that I still absolutely love to play whenever my brother and I are both home)...

there is a game for Nintendo 64 titled "Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98". it was the first game that my brother and I had when our parents got us N64 for Christmas back in 1997. I always remember (and it is still true today, as these games certainly don't update and evolve like the games of today) that if you played against the Blues as an AI team, you could NEVER, EVER, EVER beat them in a fight. they would win every single time. and they would always cross-check the shit out of you in the corners, or even in open ice. and there are no such things as penalties when you play in "arcade mode", which is more fun of course, because anything goes

Last edited by lilg1993; 04-29-2016 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: grammar nazi
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 03:31 PM   #409
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
good point about the physicality...I never really gave it that much thought, but it will be a big factor as St. Louis is definitely a harder hitting team. I feel like I may have made a mistake by picking Dallas to win in 7 games. only time will tell, I guess

funny thing also; the thing about the Blues being a more physical team really rings a bell with me from a childhood game (that I still absolutely love to play whenever my brother and I are both home)...

there is a game for Nintendo 64 titled "Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98". it was the first game that my brother and I had when our parents got us N64 for Christmas back in 1997. I always remember (and it is still true today, as these games certainly don't update and evolve like the games of today) that if you played against the Blues as an AI team, you could NEVER, EVER, EVER beat them in a fight. they would win every single time. and they would always cross-check the shit out of you in the corners, or even in open ice. and there are no such things as penalties when you play in "arcade mode", which is more fun of course, because anything goes
Yeah, speaking of pools, I did the NHL Bracket challenge and I am sucking big time. So, no one should take my picks to heart...hockey is so hard to predict and this first round had many surprises. But, yeah the Blues are somewhat fearsome. They have always just been kind of a mean team, even back to the Chris Pronger days.

Those hockey games don't lie...my favorite was Activision Ice hockey for Atari...probably way too long ago for you to know... I was so good at it that no one, even other people who owned the game, could even come close to beating me. I was 1000-0.
      04-29-2016, 03:42 PM   #410
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Glacier silver F36

Quote:
Yeah, speaking of pools, I did the NHL Bracket challenge and I am sucking big time. So, no one should take my picks to heart...hockey is so hard to predict and this first round had many surprises. But, yeah the Blues are somewhat fearsome. They have always just been kind of a mean team, even back to the Chris Pronger days.

Those hockey games don't lie...my favorite was Activision Ice hockey for Atari...probably way too long ago for you to know... I was so good at it that no one, even other people who owned the game, could even come close to beating me. I was 1000-0.
Blades of Steel or classic Nintendo hockey, with the short fat guy or tall skinny guy
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 07:10 PM   #411
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
Blades of Steel or classic Nintendo hockey, with the short fat guy or tall skinny guy
I always used the skinny guy and scored using wrap arounds. The fat guy was good for slapshots, but they didn't have quite the strike rate of the skinny guy/wrap around strategy.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 12:30 AM   #412
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Preds got tired after the Sharks started slow. I missed the beginning but sitting in LAX with 4 Jacks watched the slaughter that was the 3rd
      04-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #413
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

https://streamable.com/apb4

Fucking get at it Joel. Miss him man.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 11:43 AM   #414
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Preds got tired after the Sharks started slow. I missed the beginning but sitting in LAX with 4 Jacks watched the slaughter that was the 3rd
So, are you for the Sharks now? Even though we brought the Kings down are you for a Pacific team? I never buy in to the whole hate LA thing...I'm all about Pacific teams taking it from the East. Even when the Kings beat us I rooted for them after. I know I think differently than most, but I prefer Cali to have dominance if possible.

Quote:

Yep. Depth.
      04-30-2016, 03:24 PM   #415
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I explained this to the guy next to me at the bar: I'm a Kings fan. Sharks beat the Kings. Now I have to pull for Sharks to win The Cup so we lost to the best team
      04-30-2016, 07:22 PM   #416
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I explained this to the guy next to me at the bar: I'm a Kings fan. Sharks beat the Kings. Now I have to pull for Sharks to win The Cup so we lost to the best team
I'll take that.
      05-01-2016, 02:17 AM   #417
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

agreed that just about anything can happen in the playoffs, which is really what makes every game so great

definitely way before my time...I've never even heard of it

Quote:

that was a great play. patience paying off big-time

Quote:
thats actually pretty sound logic, but I could never employ it myself to root for another metro division team, especially if it were the Rangers. over my dead body
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 01:42 PM   #418
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Watched some of the Islanders-Lightning game yesterday. Tampa just had a big jump on the Isles...seems like Tampa was on a power play most of the time when it was 5 on 5. The Isles forecheck was basically non-existent..not going to get anywhere if your only play is dump and then wait for them to enter the O zone. Greiss looked pretty good--I only saw the goal with the big deflection.