New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

03-16-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
californiaflow
Registered
Rep

Drives: 2013 BMW X1 sDrive28i

FS: 1999 BMW 540iT Sport Wagon - SoCal

For sale today I have my 1999 BMW 540iT Sport Wagon. This is the sport model loaded with M goodies. I bought this non-running as a project a year ago, but with a recent back injury leaving me disabled and my dad having his 8th heart surgery, the time just isn't right.

- 155k miles on the chassis
- 90k miles on the swapped M62TU engine and matching transmission bought from No Limit Motorsports in La Habra, CA
- New fuel pump, new fuel filter, new seals, new spark plugs, new battery, new secondary air lines, new window regulators
- Audio is wired to an aftermarket Kenwood amplifier tucked in the rear. The car is wired for a second amplifier and subwoofers. Bass control knob, AUX cable and 30-pin are in the center console.
- Exterior has M5 bumper, Euro style headlights, 19'' Bayern Mesh staggered rims with Nitto semi-slick tires, Bilstein shocks and drilled/slotted rotors
- Interior is in near perfect shape. Carpets have no wear and tear. Seats show little to no wear, especially in the back. Euro center console with TEC cupholder.
- Clean title. Clean CARFAX with no accidents. Tags are July 2019
- The radiator is leaking. I suggest it be replaced, along with the power steering pump as the fluid seems somewhat metallic. Slight oil seepage on the bottom of the engine. The clear-coat is peeling pretty significantly on the hood and roof. Some slight peeling on the driver's side. Darn desert sun.

I did what I could with the car while I had the ability to. Now it's better suited as a project for someone else. I have $5k into the car as it sits, and I just want to break even. I have more photos here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0