New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-18-2016, 09:03 PM   #1
radx5m
United_States
Rep

Drives: X5M

Garage List
Modesta Coating Help

Got modesta coating and wondered what everyone might be using for in between washes for maintenance such as a detail spray?

thanks for any help
      04-19-2016, 01:43 PM   #2
M4chiavellif82
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: BEE-EM-DUBLOO M4

isn't modesta like 3k? some expensive coating. Why can't you use quick detailer spray? I don't know too much about it.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #3
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep

Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

I got a tube of Modesta M1 Shot quick detailer with mine from the place I had the work done. As I try to look it up online it appears to be out of stock everywhere at the moment. . .

http://cooperssignaturedetailing.com...tenance-spray/

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 03:09 PM   #4
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
any detail spray is fine. i'm not 100% sold on buying their own detail/spray waxes. it is said use products from the same company, but if you don't want to drop the money on modesta's spray wax any others will do fine honestly.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 08:39 PM   #5
radx5m
United_States
Rep

Garage List
thanks all for the replies. Can't find a good place to order the M1 spray either. Guess I need to go back to the detailer that did the coat. I've just found the quick sprays leave more streaks than on my other car without the coating.
      04-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #6
radx5m
United_States
Rep

Garage List
M4

Yes the coat is rather expensive but I can say, the appearance is incredible. It's not like clear bra so it is not a chip protective process. That's extra! It was worth it too me because of some added time savings down the road for waxing/cleaning etc the exterior.
      04-22-2016, 12:20 PM   #7
M4chiavellif82
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: BEE-EM-DUBLOO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by radx5m View Post
M4

Yes the coat is rather expensive but I can say, the appearance is incredible. It's not like clear bra so it is not a chip protective process. That's extra! It was worth it too me because of some added time savings down the road for waxing/cleaning etc the exterior.
how It be different than OptiGloss which is totally mind blowing. and don't be costing 2-3k.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 06:43 PM   #8
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep

Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

To answer the OP's question: I acquired a bottle of the Modesta Detail Spray and the Modesta Shampoo H-04. Very pricey products, and the Detail Spray doesn't go that far. With respect to using a Quick Detail Spray "between washes", I would refrain from that practice. IMHO, you've invested a large sum of money into the coating, so to take a Detail Spray to this between washes is akin to sandpapering your vehicle. I know that I will get flamed for this, but you should have a clean and uncontaminated surface prior to using the Quick Detail Spray. My recommendation is that you invest in an inexpensive pressure washer and a Foam Cannon to wash your car. There are many tutorials on using a Foam Cannon; here's a good place to start: http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html. I use Chemical Guys Honeydew in my Cannon and the shine post-drying is incredible.

Like all technology, coatings are evolving, even OptiCoat has improved their offerings significantly. I have OptiCoat on my M3 and Modesta on my 991. (Modesta was not available when I had my M3 coated). My detailer offers all of the coating products at different price points, read here: https://luxeautospa.com/paintcoatings/

He has defaulted to the two coatings mentioned on his website based on his experience with respect to quality, and dealing with credible and legitimate manufacturers/vendors. As you can see, the Modesta is a 10 year coating, and the detailer is required to be licensed and trained by Modesta, so you have had your car coated with, arguably, the best coating. A quick tip; I had my wheels and calipers coated with Modesta too, makes cleaning the wheels a breeze!

If you look closely at the attached image, you will note that the hub is coated. My detailer coats the hub with a ceramic paint coating (to withstand high temp). This is a small finishing touch, but in my experience, hubs usually get a nice coat of rust as the vehicle ages, so this coating makes the hub impervious to rust. An unintended consequence, is that when you look at the wheel, the hub seems to disappear, giving the wheel area a finished appearance. I had the same treatment on my M3, and it looks great. Good luck with your car!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 09:52 PM   #9
radx5m
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Radiofrequency, Thanks
      04-23-2016, 11:16 PM   #10
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep

Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

You are most welcome! I love to detail my cars. I've finally come to realize that detailing a vehicle is is therapeutic, physically and emotionally. I explained this to my wife, we are both involved in high stress, competitive businesses, albeit different businesses. Her release is walking the dog, mine is detailing our cars. She finally understood when I detailed her A7, she loved the final result, and I won't explain here how she showed her appreciation (NSFW). I love using my Torx DA with Menzerna 1500 Super Intensive, but my arms are, realistically, f+*&%$#d, from competing as a breaststroker (Swimming) for a large portion of my life. The torque on your elbows during breastroke is brutal and I feel the pain to this day. There's only so much I can do before my arms give out, but I can make an interior look better than new. Her clients always compliment her on the interior of her vehicle, which makes me weirdly, happy. Detailing can take many forms, but I believe that we need to drive our cars first (I don't drive my cars enough, but then again, today, the first day of summer, it snowed the living shit out of everything where I live). Drop me a PM for tips, detailing and detailing products have certainly evolved radically over the past 5 years, the products are forgiving, the Random Orbiter products have cut the detailing time by at least half, the interior cleaning products are nothing short of miraculous, in any event, you have to enjoy the car, so drive it, but drive it clean!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 03:15 AM   #11
Greer
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Any more updates on what to use on a Modesta coating in between washes?
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 06:30 AM   #12
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer View Post
Contact the Modesta dealer who applied the coating or any Modesta dealer for that matter. They will be able to advise you on which products to use.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 07:58 PM   #13
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer View Post
I use M2 Blast, my detailer threw a few bottles in when I first did the coating. So far so good, it's been 2 years.
Appreciate 0