BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Are the inside of your wings painted?

08-05-2016, 06:09 AM   #1
WFS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Are the inside of your wings painted?

So cleaning the car last night I noticed that the inside of the front wings (fenders to my US friends) weren't painted. They feel rough.

This is my first bmw so don't want to go to the dealer and complain if this is how all cars are painted. But just seems a little strange. I'm at work now but will get some pics over the weekend.

I'm still yet to see another m2 on the road in London and I know there is a few delivered but where are you all?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 06:23 AM   #2
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFS
So cleaning the car last night I noticed that the inside of the front wings (fenders to my US friends) weren't painted. They feel rough.

This is my first bmw so don't want to go to the dealer and complain if this is how all cars are painted. But just seems a little strange. I'm at work now but will get some pics over the weekend.

I'm still yet to see another m2 on the road in London and I know there is a few delivered but where are you all?
BMW stopped painting a lot of hidden areas about 5-6 years ago. Open your trunk lid and look around the trunk and if it matches then it's normal.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #3
WFS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
BMW stopped painting a lot of hidden areas about 5-6 years ago. Open your trunk lid and look around the trunk and if it matches then it's normal.
Haha, thanks for saving me from egg in the face in the dealer. I'll assume it was done for weight saving. 😂😂

Love this car.
Appreciate 0