New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Today, 04:33 AM   #1
Leevim
Registered
Rep

Drives: BMW 116ED 2017

Unhappy DIY help needed - wingmirrors blow fuse

Good morning everyone,

I'm looking for some help with a fuse that keeps blowing on my 2017 116ED.

I'm not a car expert so I'll apologise in advance, and what I'm hoping for is a few solutions for a DIY fix.
So here's the rub-

A few weeks ago my driver side door panel lost all power- green light on the window locks was unlit. The windows could be adjusted from the passenger door but the back windows were stuck locked, I'm assuming because of the previous lock state on the control panel(?).

I found a few posts and traced the issue back to a blown fuse - it was a 7.5 on the fuse board under the bonnet. Took it out, replaced it and power was restored...

https://mkautobreakers.co.uk/product...r-spare-parts/

I was unsure how to add a photo, but on this link my fuse box looks the same - the fuse I am talking about is on the top row, 5th from the left (starting with a blue 15 fuse) and is marked 7.5 (sorry!).

Then, a few days ago, I got in the car and my offside mirror was pointing upwards. I thought it had been knocked when I was parked... I clicked the lever on the control panel to adjust it back down and lost power to the panel again. I replaced the fuse again, and as soon as I pressed the D-pad to adjust it blew again.

Searched around and someone mentioned replacing the fuse then listening to the mirror and, fair play, whatever side the control switch was set to, the mirror would make a whirring sound - as soon as I touch the D-pad, the fuse blows.

To get around it I've left the fuse and adjusted the mirrors manually - but I can't use my windows because for whatever reason they share the same fuse (I'm assuming!).

So... any ideas? I don't care about being able to adjust my mirrors but the windows are the locks are an issue for me. I have 2 young children so getting them some air or getting them out the car through the window in an emergency would be ideal.

Oh, I should also mention that I can hold the unlock on the key fob and all the windows unwind.

I've been quoted 500 quid by a vehicle electrician... a paypal tip to anyone who can help me avoid this!

Thanks in advance,
Appreciate 0