New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

04-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #133
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Houston is toast. Didn't I say James Harden will choke in the playoffs few months ago? James Harden choked during the most important time as OKC, he choked last season in the playoffs. He choked again this playoff.
Yeah, seems like Harden has been a virtual no-show so far in the playoffs -- live by the ballhog, die by the ballhog.

At least they can't blame the losses on Lin. Harden's 2 bricks at the end of the game 1 was the reason for that loss; Lin's OT layups were the only reason they were close at the end. The 1st string's inability to defend (or even shoot the ball; did you see Harden's 24 sec violation?) in the 4th quarter was the reason for the second loss.

BUT, another BIG reason for the losses was Aldridge's insane shooting in the 1st 2 games -- 46 and 43 points? It was like the ball had eyes; went in no matter where or how Aldridge shot it. And, NO ONE could stop him -- not Jones, Parsons, Howard or Asik.

Seems like a player on the opposition ALWAYS puts up career numbers when they play the Rockets. So far, Aldridge is that guy in these playoffs. If the Rockets can't find a solution for him (or if he doesn't cool down on his own), this series will be over in 4.

Last edited by SSW; 04-24-2014 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 06:45 PM   #134
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Lmao, heat hater over here.
No doubt about it....awful conference and mostly bandwagon fans. They'd have one championship at most if they had to play west teams more. The need to redesign the playoff format and just rank team 1-16. Stupid and antiquated to have conferences anymore. The east is a joke. Even Indiana sucks.

At least my Mavs punked Lebron.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:50 PM   #135
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

What do you think about the owners trying to move the Dubs into San Francisco over Oakland? I was reading about that the other day.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #136
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep

Drives: AW e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
No doubt about it....awful conference and mostly bandwagon fans. They'd have one championship at most if they had to play west teams more. The need to redesign the playoff format and just rank team 1-16. Stupid and antiquated to have conferences anymore. The east is a joke. Even Indiana sucks.

dude why don't you worry about your conference and stop criticizing the east, if anything you should be glad the east sucks so bad and that the west has so many good teams including your 8th seeded mavs and since the west is so good anyone coming out of the west will destroy anyone from the east.

yes the east sucks everyone knows that, i just don't get why all the hate on the eastern conference lately
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 08:47 PM   #137
fatpanda
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69 View Post
dude why don't you worry about your conference and stop criticizing the east, if anything you should be glad the east sucks so bad and that the west has so many good teams including your 8th seeded mavs and since the west is so good anyone coming out of the west will destroy anyone from the east.

yes the east sucks everyone knows that, i just don't get why all the hate on the eastern conference lately
haters gona hate. rem when the MJ & da bulls dominated, were the west complaining? probably a little
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #138
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:

Who are you to say they are bandwagon fans? It's just like people saying Seahawks fans are bandwagon fans. That word should just be eliminated completely.

Your mavs punked Lebron, cool story.

Lebron is the best player in the world, just so you know.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #139
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Drives: Cars

Pacers takes another one up the ass
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:20 PM   #140
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Damn the west is crazy. Memphis just won game 3, up 2-1 in the series.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:29 PM   #141
Efini
Silent Service
Rep

Drives: BMW

nice win by memphis..clips are doing work on the warriors right now. its the 3rd and i think its already a wrap..clips got this one. warriors half court offense sucks.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 12:25 AM   #142
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Man roar-icle is awfully quiet right now. You can hear a pin drop.

Time to close out the dubs at Staples.

Stupid dray-bum green needs to stop acting like he's in the streets of west Oakland.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 12:36 AM   #143
Efini
Silent Service
Rep

Drives: BMW

You don't live by jumpers, you die by them. Warriors can't win a series like that, they did come close though. Bogut was huge lose for the warriors and it's showing big time. clips are gonna wrap up this series.

LA kings got a win tonight too! So many fights it was entertaining. glad we didn't get swept
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 12:56 AM   #144
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Warriors #1 3-point team in the league.
Clippers #1 3-point defense in the league.

Defense wins games.

I'm still soaking it in now, but Clippers beating Dubs at home, one of the best home teams in the league, and leaving Roar-icle quiet. Huge game.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 01:51 AM   #145
Alpine435i
Banned
Rep

Drives: 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
What do you think about the owners trying to move the Dubs into San Francisco over Oakland? I was reading about that the other day.
Love it. The initial plan was to build an absolutely amazing arena on the water, but hippies recently shot it down. Google "Warriors new arena" and hit images for the renderings...it was going to be breathtaking. Unfortunately, people who can't even afford to live there anyway decided it was too big of a project on the waterfront, and it was nixed.

New plans have put the project almost a mile south to Mission Bay, past the Giant's stadium to a less desirable area. Still better than Oakland, though, because Oakland is shit.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 01:54 AM   #146
fatpanda
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine435i View Post
Love it. The initial plan was to build an absolutely amazing arena on the water, but hippies recently shot it down. Google "Warriors new arena" and hit images for the renderings...it was going to be breathtaking. Unfortunately, people who can't even afford to live there anyway decided it was too big of a project on the waterfront, and it was nixed.

New plans have put the project almost a mile south to Mission Bay, past the Giant's stadium to a less desirable area. Still better than Oakland, though, because Oakland is shit.
49ers moved out of SF to santa clara recently lol...
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 01:58 AM   #147
Alpine435i
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpanda View Post
49ers moved out of SF to santa clara recently lol...
Correct.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 02:16 AM   #148
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 02:22 AM   #149
Alpine435i
Banned
Rep

Takes a real tough man to throw water on a fan have to make it look like an accident. There's no denying he's a great player...but he's a pussy. And the worst flopper in the league.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:25 AM   #150
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Who are you to say they are bandwagon fans? It's just like people saying Seahawks fans are bandwagon fans. That word should just be eliminated completely.

Your mavs punked Lebron, cool story.

Lebron is the best player in the world, just so you know.
Maybe now, but Dirk was the best player in the world when he plunked LeBron even after they made fun of him for being sick.

We'll known fact is that Heat fans are some of the biggest bandwagon fans in sports.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #151
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69 View Post

Why should I be glad? My 8th seeded mavs are better than almost every team in the East and they'd give the Heat a run again. Just by the records, they'd be 3rd in the east which is why I'm complaining about the seeding system and how much the east sucks. It's flat out unfair and everyone knows it.

It's stupid OKC might go down just because Memphis is such a good 7 seed and Toronto or New Jersey might move on the east. Don't you want all the best teams playing?

Memphis would beat your heat. The Warriors will also probably go down in the first round too, which is a joke. They'd to to the east finals if they played those crappy teams.

I respect Lebrons game but he ran away from Cleveland and took the easy way out to get rings. He was lucky to win last year.

The 4 teams that go down in the first round out west would beat any team in the east except perhaps the heat and even that is debatable. Terrible.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #152
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine435i View Post
Takes a real tough man to throw water on a fan have to make it look like an accident. There's no denying he's a great player...but he's a pussy. And the worst flopper in the league.
Did Blake throw water on you? I'm being serious. There are guys who are way worse floppers than Blake, I don't understand the flopper chants from Warriors fans. Andrew "Thug" Bogus has basically tried to start MMA fights with Blake all season long. Let's not even get on Dray-thug Green whose first defense move is to wrap up Blake's neck anytime Blake makes a move in the post. Curry is a big flopper himself and tried to flop the Dubs into a win, that's why his 3-pointer came up short because he spent too much effort acting instead of concentrating on his shot. Is that what you guys are crying about?

Last edited by MediaArtist; 04-25-2014 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:33 AM   #153
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We'll known fact is that Heat fans are some of the biggest bandwagon fans in sports.

I don't see how anyone can deny this. You got guys on the NBA Team Talk forums with their listed city as "Las Vegas", saying "Heat Nation, we're going for 3!!!", and never stepped a foot in Miami and have a join date of April 2012.

That's almost as bad as the Seattle Seahawks "fans" who never crossed the Mississippi, live over 3,000 miles away from Seattle, claiming "We finally won one baby!" and only started talking about the SeaCocks 1 year ago.

Last edited by MediaArtist; 04-25-2014 at 08:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #154
Clippers_FTW
Private
Rep

Drives: CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Did Blake throw water on you? I'm being serious. There are guys who are way worse floppers than Blake, I don't understand the flopper chants from Warriors fans. Andrew "Thug" Bogus has basically tried to start MMA fights with Blake all season long. Let's not even get on Dray-thug Green whose first defense move is to wrap up Blake's neck anytime Blake makes a move in the post. Curry is a big flopper himself and tried to flop the Dubs into a win, that's why his 3-pointer came up short because he spent too much effort acting instead of concentrating on his shot. Is that what you guys are crying about?
I'm sorry almost every 3 point attempt by curry was a flop. He was on the ground after every attempt... That last 3 wasnt called a fould because (after curry pushed off of CP3 for the 5th time and there was no call) curry jumped into Chris Paul to try to draw the foul. Its pathetic... Just like the warriors half court offense. In the Playoff's teams get exposed.. .My Clippers were exposed last year because we had no half court offense... I think your "Dub's" are going through the same thing. Playoff's are also about adjustments... We all know Mark Jackass isnt going to adjust anything... But on a side note... He did get is 8 hours of sleep lol

Warriors have absolutely no answer for Blake and DJ. Green thinks its MMA and is a super dirty player... I'd like to see Green try that crap with Matt Barnes... he wont.. because he know's he'd be on his back. Go Clippers... Angry refs gave Warriors game 1.. we would be getting the broom out on sunday
Appreciate 0