New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-17-2016, 12:40 AM   #1
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Thumbs up There are still some good car salesmen left!

I've bought and sold a lot of cars so far & I've dealt with a ton of car salesmen and dealers both good and bad. Honestly, mostly bad. However, there are still some good ones left!

I dealt with 2 of those men today (I'm not even gonna get into the 3rd guy. He was something else. )

Rather than just be happy that 2 out of the 3 salesmen I dealt with today were good people, I decided to email the bosses of these 2 men to praise them. Who doesn't like getting an email like that?! I know I do! Especially since I am also in sales for a living.

I'll just paste the email I sent below. Maybe our society isn't doomed after all.

Quote:
Greetings XXXX,

I trust this note finds you well. I called into your dealership this morning to inquire about the Challenger Hellcat you have for sale. I spoke with Margaret and she was very courteous and helpful. I stopped in during the afternoon, without an appointment, to take a look at it. X pleasantly greeted & took care of me.

I just wanted to reach out to let you know that you have a tremendous asset in X. As I'm sure you're aware, the overall public opinion of car salesmen is negative. I've bought and sold a lot of cars in my lifetime and I've certainly dealt with my fair share of folks that give people that impression. However, I've also dealt with some, including X, that make the car buying process enjoyable and low stress.

I'm a car enthusiast, and also a salesmen for a living as well, and X was nothing short of friendly, down to Earth and personable. He definitely went above and beyond to make me feel welcome and that my business would truly be valued and appreciated. He deserves a raise and a promotion!

I wish you all nothing but success and prosperity.

Regards,
XXXX
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 12:53 AM   #2
Alen E90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 328i TiAg

This is true but IMO I think that usually if the salesperson is an enthusiast themselves, they will have a much nicer and friendlier attitude the entire time.

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 12:55 AM   #3
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen E90 View Post
This is true but IMO I think that usually if the salesperson is an enthusiast themselves, they will have a much nicer and friendlier attitude the entire time.
The Hellcat salesman was definitely not an enthusiast. The other was.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 04:51 PM   #4
CanadianGatorBacon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: M235i (holy crap!)

My BMW salesman is an enthusiast himself and he is the only salesman that I've purposely sought out a second time. I even wrote my one and only yelp review because of him. If he's still selling cars i'm into by the time the next one comes around, he'll likely get my business again.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2016, 01:07 AM   #5
Mingwan
Major
Rep

Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

I usually dread seeing salesmen going into a dealership. Whenever I buy something, I already know what I want and want to gtfo asap. I was looking at mustangs a while back and was interested in this black one. No intention of driving it, but he suggested it to me so I said what the hell. I made it clear that I had no intent on buying a car that day and he acknowledged. After driving the car, I told him that I didn't like the car for a few reasons, one being it had no brembos and recaros. He suggested ordering one and I was like, no thanks, I'm good....he asked me like five times in five different ways to order a damn mustang and wanted me to make a deposit that day. I was like what in the fuck!? So I left, and made my way to a BMW dealership which had a less retail style environment. Way more easy going there.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 02:20 AM   #6
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep

Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Did u buy a hellcat
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 06:39 AM   #7
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Did u buy a hellcat
No, I didn't like it.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 07:47 AM   #8
CanadianGatorBacon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: M235i (holy crap!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
So I left, and made my way to a BMW dealership which had a less retail style environment. Way more easy going there.
I cross shopped the 2ers, the Audi 3s, the VW Golfs, the Subaru WRX, and the Ford Mustang. Received zero pressure and nearly zero contact after leaving the dealership from BMW, Audi, VW, and Subaru. One BMW dealer was so into not contacting me that they didn't even return an email when I was ready to buy (bought from a different BMW dealer). Ford pressured me at the dealership and called me everyday for at least a month.
      04-21-2016, 08:05 AM   #9
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGatorBacon View Post
I cross shopped the 2ers, the Audi 3s, the VW Golfs, the Subaru WRX, and the Ford Mustang. Received zero pressure and nearly zero contact after leaving the dealership from BMW, Audi, VW, and Subaru. One BMW dealer was so into not contacting me that they didn't even return an email when I was ready to buy (bought from a different BMW dealer). Ford pressured me at the dealership and called me everyday for at least a month.
Dealers I drove the S6, C7 & Hellcat at followed up with me in a timely manner.

The dealers I drove the GT-R & 2016 Camaro SS at NEVER called or emailed me to follow up.
Appreciate 0