New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-11-2016, 07:13 AM   #1
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 640D GC and MX5 NC PRHT

My "other" car....aka the Princess

Basically used for around 3 years and since getting the GC as a daily, she has a lot of time to chill in the garage...

1) Far too much spent - Fully undersealed including cavities, lowered on Bilstein B12 Pro Kit, Eibach ARB's and full geo. Wheels full Summer and Winter sets - both refurbed by my refurber - Summers in Silver over Black and Winters in Gloss White.
2) I keep spending
3) When it comes to the MX5 (Miata for the Americans!) my wallet just cannot say no.
4) So why did I keep her? I unfortunately lost my grandad unexpectedly in 2014 and as he helped indirectly fund some of this car I could not sell her. Plus whilst I like cleaning and looking after the GC time and miles have been racked up in the Miata...

Not bad looking for a car that is from 2009 and now sporting over 60K. Had a new engine mind last year .

Anyhow got her all detailed ready for the Summer sun.

On with the 2016 summer detail - underside checked over - underseal reviewed - still two bits to do, undertray and arch liners cleaned and dressed, exhaust backbox and pipes polished and waxed, bodywork polished to remove swirls to around 95% via rotary (mostly Carpro Reflect and their lightest gloss pads), and waxed with zymol vintage. Glass treated with gtechniq g5 and wheels with carpro reload (a top up as they are summer wheels).

Interior glass cleaned, plastics dressed, apc for applicable parts and hoovered.

Then taken out for a 10 minute spin and back in the garage with the car cover on.

After all this....

Out in Winter...

Overall she tends to go out from home and back to home...maybe the odd stop off, but rarely left out of sight (paranoid yes, after one of my colleagues opened their door on her and dented her in 2015, then promptly denied it. Forgot the bit where their paint had transferred on to my car and her door matched up exactly to where the dent was!)

Oh and a lovely shot of Vintage (despite the GC not being corrected I thought both deserved my most beautiful wax!)

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 09:40 PM   #2
BMWFrenzy
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 2 Series 228i Coupe

good looking car. nice work on detailing and keeping it clean.
Appreciate 0