New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-05-2016, 04:19 PM   #23
Hammmerhead
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I couldn't disagree more and I like flinging about small cars, look at my Username ffs.

I have a 9-3 wagon, quite a bit larger than a 911 or a Macan and i just installed a Britax rear-facing seat for our soon to be born baby. With the seat installed as instructed, my wife can barely fit in the front seat.

The safest seats are the larger ones, they just are, and the idea of trying to live with a Macan on a day to day basis is a joke with small kids in tow.

Yeah, yeah Europeans use small cars, their child seats are also still using lap belts rather than LUAS connections too so let's not go there.

I mounted my car seat in the center just because of this issue. Its ridiculous how large the seats get when you add the rear facing attachments and what not. Add the diaper bag, stroller, etc. etc. and you have are loaded just for a grocery trip, let alone a week stay at the inlaws or a real vaca. I couldn't even do a liquor store trip in a two door sports car.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2016, 02:29 PM   #24
Hammmerhead
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2016 X5M

Well, the old X5 5.0 is in the books. After considering a Tahoe and a Yukon, we just stuck with another X5 platform. They're just hard to beat given what all they do well. This time we went with a X5M series though. I am eagerly waiting for it arrival. I don't know what I am getting into as this is the first M series I have owned.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 05:26 PM   #25
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep

Drives: Spiritedly

Nice choice, the new X5M is sick. Without question, it'd be my choice at this level.
Appreciate 0