New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

09-13-2021, 07:16 AM   #45
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Not newer - newest. Latest technology is fantastic.
WHat tech? Most of it is INCREDIBLY annoying. Relentless safety nannies beeping at you for no apparent reason, screens instead of knobs, it is slower to do everything than it used to be. What tech?

I'll take a reverse camera, that's it, the rest can go fuck itself and does nothing but shit me to tears.
Appreciate 5
Biginboca3759.50
Fined243.00
jmack548.50
BMWinAZ104.00
      09-13-2021, 07:23 AM   #46
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
WHat tech? Most of it is INCREDIBLY annoying. Relentless safety nannies beeping at you for no apparent reason, screens instead of knobs, it is slower to do everything than it used to be. What tech?

I'll take a reverse camera, that's it, the rest can go fuck itself and does nothing but shit me to tears.
Right on! If you can’t stay in your lane why are you even driving!?!? I hate that crap jerking the wheel when I’m moving through traffic.

I’m convinced most of this tech is just to enable people to feel safer texting and has only caused more accidents lol

And don’t get me started on navigating touch screen menus while driving in traffic is better than pushing a single button on a old school dashboard.

Last edited by Biginboca; 09-13-2021 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 07:53 AM   #47
DenverSteve
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2021 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Right on! If you can’t stay in your lane why are you even driving!?!? I hate that crap jerking the wheel when I’m moving through traffic....
Well you are correct - if your car is jerking you around - that would be annoying. However, if your car is jerking you around, maybe you should learn to stay in your lane.....

Last edited by DenverSteve; 09-13-2021 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
Biginboca3759.50
      09-13-2021, 08:31 AM   #48
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I've had modern cars brake mid intersection because the cars crossing through confuse it and it thinks there is going to be a collision. How is this garbage even allowed?

It's more than ridiculous "safety" nannies though, all the ridiculous settings defaulting to ...well ... the default, makes sharing a car with someone a fucking chore. Just leave everything where i fucking well left it. It's the applefication of the world, automating everything just to shit me to tears. Leave me alone.

Even google maps fucking does it. I PURPOSELY select a route to take some back roads last week when renting a stang, and maps RELENTLESSLY kept defaulting to the highway. YOU ASKED ME WHICH MOTHER FUCKING OPTION I WANTED AND I SEL:ECTED THE SLOWER ROUTE ... so just fucking well go the way i chose.

Fuck.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 06:13 AM   #49
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

I am with the "who cares about tech" gang

When I order my cars I never opt for the tech stuff

so my thing for newer cars is not about the tech

I prefer newer cars because of the way they drive, they are tight and crisp and everything works the way it was engineered to.

That for me makes for a more enjoyable drive, which is ultimately what I really care about.
Appreciate 0